Tool Bigger thread on audio works and their translation

HLations

Jul 30, 2023
I've noticed that this site has a big lacking in R-18 Erotic Works. It's also a fact that there are close to no translations for Voice Works in general. I think a big reason for why people do not consume this form of content, is because there are no translations and people do not understand what is being said in Japanese.
The goal of this thread is to introduce Voice works to f95, where you can find them, how to translate them and show my little project for translations.

What are R-18 Voice Works?
R-18 Voice Works are mature products most commonly in the format of audio files. They are usually sold on dlsite, but sometimes you can find them on patreon and other platforms

Where can you find Voice Works?
There's a few places to download them. You could simply google something like "hentai asmr"
My favorites however are:

These allow you to listen to audio works in browser.
Both of these allow for downloading of files as well. Asmr.one has higher quality files (wav) and includes all that comes with the purchase (including scripts, sometimes)
I personally think asmr.one is a decent bit better to use, but japaneseasmr usually has a bigger library.

You can also use:
for downloads
and as a database with possible scripts in Japanese
Usually you can use the first three of these to find and download a file you may have found one hvdb or dlsite.

How do you translate audio works?
It's noteworthy to understand that voice works can be translated generally in form of a script with or without timestamps. Time stamped scripts or files (in form of .srt, lrc and .vtt) allow for you to listen to audio works with subtitles running together with the audio (for example using VLC).
On the other hand without a script you have to keep track manually where you are. The latter probably requires you usually to have some understanding in Japanese to not get lost, but it takes far less time to translate. Time stamped voice works on the other hand are a very enjoyable experience, but are also very tedious to translate and time stamp.

Certain circles (producers of voice works) tend to have scripts with timestamps or without timestamps, that you can simply run trough a translator and have your finished translation.
And although the number of scripts included with downloads is increasing as time goes by, vast majority of works do not have a script included, especially one that is time stamped. You can use hvdb.me as a database to find files with scripts.

The process for timestamping and translating works without scripts:
Speech recognition software has been on the rise in the last few years which make transcribing voice works possible.
One such software that I use is . You can find this being hosted on various sites, but this one makes it quite simple. It will transcribe the audio files for you, which can be done in format of vtt or srt, or without timestamps altogether.
Using this software you can translate works that otherwise would never receive a script or a translation.
I recommend running files through without sound effects, ideally where only one voice at a time is making sound for best results.

That's exactly what I've been doing for personal use. I've shared some of my translations in the past on other forums, but I've also decided now to make a proper archive of them for people to access them easier without them timing out. I've got like 10 works translated, which I will be slowly uploading as I polish them to a finished state for others to view.
- - input 0 as price and put a fake email in, you get the download anyway.
and updates on stuff on twitter
Note that what I like is corruption/NTR/SM stuff, so that's what I will be mainly translating. I use ChatGPT, whisper subtitles, and proofread it while crosschecking it with DeepL, Google Translate, my own understanding and prompts on ChatGPT.

I do hope though that the voice work translations become more commonplace on f95, as I think they are a pretty good form of content.

Image 1- asmr.one, showcasing its ability to show scripts (you can also load your own scripts that you have personally translated).
Image 2 - hvdb.me, showcasing the database to find scripts.
Image 3 - whisper subtitles, showcasing the speech recognition and transcription software
Image 4 - NTR Warning, showcasing how an end product without timestamps may look.

HLations

Jul 30, 2023
For mods, please add NTR tag so people don't complain. Also feel free to move the thread if the forum section is wrong.

Random_Guyy

Jun 27, 2020
bro, sorry for asking. how do you translate lewd parts of the ASMRs in ChatGPT? since their policy doesn't allow NSFW contents

I wanted to try translating myself for my own good for now, but I'll definitely try to make it free to download here when I get better

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
Yo can anyone help me figure out how to have VLC actually show subtitles? The subtitles are in vtt format and go "00:00:14.467 --> 00:00:19.318" for example. They are not showing in vlc at all. Maybe a different player works?

Reactions: KHANG073003

HLations

Jul 30, 2023
bro, sorry for asking. how do you translate lewd parts of the ASMRs in ChatGPT? since their policy doesn't allow NSFW contents

I wanted to try translating myself for my own good for now, but I'll definitely try to make it free to download here when I get better
Try googling "jailbreak chatgpt" and experiment with own variations

Yo can anyone help me figure out how to have VLC actually show subtitles? The subtitles are in vtt format and go "00:00:14.467 --> 00:00:19.318" for example. They are not showing in vlc at all. Maybe a different player works?
VLC only works with mp3 files. You can try other programs too

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
Try googling "jailbreak chatgpt" and experiment with own variations

VLC only works with mp3 files. You can try other programs too
No I meant the voice file is mp3 yea, but the subtitles are .mp3.vtt, you are probably supposed to load them into vlc or some other player. But when I load them in, no subtitles appear.

tbui

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks for the info on ASMR op.

I had a look at , but it doesn't seem to work for me in terms of playing back audios or downloads, instead a little error pops up whenever I try. Is anyone else having similar problem?

OrigamiOcean

Aug 4, 2022
Ive been looking for something like this for a while now, thanks bro. But before I explore the stuff you posted, ive actually came across the database that has scripts, the site. I even found the work I was searching for but when I clicked 'view script', it was just empty, can you help me? Is it supposed to be like that? The work im trying to get a script for is RJ352792 btw, just in case u wanna provide me with a quick link

OrigamiOcean

Aug 4, 2022
Damn after trying to translate an audio for like 5 hours, my respect for you has grown, and I realised im not built like that fr.

HLations

Jul 30, 2023
Ive been looking for something like this for a while now, thanks bro. But before I explore the stuff you posted, ive actually came across the database that has scripts, the site. I even found the work I was searching for but when I clicked 'view script', it was just empty, can you help me? Is it supposed to be like that? The work im trying to get a script for is RJ352792 btw, just in case u wanna provide me with a quick link
I think hvdb shows ”script” tab even if theres no scripts. You can sort the search by existing scripts/english scripts (although there is very little of them; I was asked at some point to start filling them but don’t have an invitation to site)