Ren'Py - Bite: Season One [v0.7.5a Ep.8 P1] [Blue Dragon Studios]

1. 1.00 star(s)

raul vincent

is the developer a lousy person? why are most of the sex scenes unavailable?did he intend to make the remake even more of a garbage than the original release was? the art was shitty as it is, to remove the sex scenes on top of that is pure garbage mindset.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.6a part 3 a clueless version number to match the game i guess

now okay 2 stars right? well the art is okay. not good, not great, but okay. it does the job but nothing to write home about.
    also, i hit zero errors, though i DID hit a few single option choices which i hate more than the french.....which for an englishman is genetic so it really IS a lot. so not why i gave the second star.
    i gave it because even though the writer is a complete idiot who writes on the fly, made very obvious by MC and co trying a very stupid prank on hunter coming out, considering the previous encounter in bathroom with said hunter and a hybrid, which means prank just does not work....at all, there IS a story here.

sure it requires a lot of work to read less robotic and with a writer who has read an actual book and knows what a character IS, it could work. it will be just another run-of-the-mill superhero fantasy mixed with yet another vampire story but is not inherently bad. just predictable.

so it's worth the second star...begrudgingly.

everything else is just pants to be honest. having to go to options and switch to window mode JUST to quit out, due to yet more developer stupidity to supply no quit in the main menu, never a good thing.
    hitting a message saying that rest of scene will be in a future update despite there now being whole chapters later and still not added? giant negative.
    also adds to my sense of developing on the fly.

to name this season one was a mistake as i do not see this ever getting finished if the developer is relying on funding, as there is no signs here of anyone ever getting their money's worth. nothing at all here to show dev even cares one bit. seen the same pattern here before and they all go the same way, that yellow tag.

unless it reworks with some structure, that's all sh...er...i wrote
  3. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Before i get into it, let me start by warning you all that game is nowhere near finished and even season 1 episode 1 is missing importen sex scenes where you just get the message "This scene will be available in the future updates" meaning you shouldent play this game at all untill they manage to add those scenes, i am a one playthrough kind of guy so i will never see those scenes and find it completely stupid to release something that arent even remotely ready to be published, and you can only wonder when those scenes will be put in if ever.

I was a bit split on this one since the story starts out pretty good, but the constant brainless MC is just not fun, and everyone except MC knows everything and all of them hides it from MC, hes own mother, hes old friend, hes best friend...you get the picture, its seen a million times over before in AVNs, itsent it time to find something new....

Some times the story also mess up in weird ways like when MC talks to Lisa she tells him in the next few days will we be going on some trips/missons, then she drives on and you get the message "Few days later" i mean what? what happend to the trips/missons or the stuff MC was taking care off?
    it feels very rushed and like its missing scenes, next scene they go to college it just dosent fit anywhere, thats also where Lisa is MCs girlfriend? not something the player has ever agreed to, so yeah forget choices and think kinetic when you play this.

Its also stupid how all girls he meets just falls in love with MC for no reason, it just feels so pointless, and the constant block when someone is trying to speak with MC is idoitic, i mean ffs why dont a LI just go over to MC and say "i need to talk with you got a min" but in this game its like mission impossible for anything to happen no matter how small, and every single LI constantly thinks about finding out about MC/other LIs, trying to make everything sound so secret, but it makes them feel stupid and clueless instend, MC most of all, look at how Emily wants to talk so badly with MC but instend she drops everything to follow some other LI she just met....even when MC is supposed to be the most importen thing for her.
    It also gets annoying to have MC flirt with every single female you dont want to be with then turn them down over and over, its stupid.
    It really just is to big a mess, and it dosent help that alot of the words are in the worng order or just misspelled or has the worng words.

Also MC gets told keep hes amulet on him, so it goes without saying he leaves it at home, also him being controlled to go walk out in front of a truck or go to a dark back alley isent really making any sense to the story, it also makes you wonder why the people that was supposed to protect him has vanish for unknown reasons, then some random vampire goes for a walk to find MC and save him....story is such a mess and makes very little sense, calling it a prophecy to make up for bad writting and to turn him into a vamp this way just dosent work and makes no sense, it could have been done in a million ways but this...no...

And to make matter worse MC is half awake and wonders if he should drink a girls blood and then starts drinking, because for a normal dude thats the logical choice right......and then he thinks "yeah shes trying to save my life" when drinking her blood, yep totaly normal way to think.....also for unknown reasons he cant speak and that seems to happen often to MC, no clue why.

Weird and brainless MC isent the only problem, i simply just dont get why so many games including this one has to make MCs dick stupidly huge, it only makes it feel and look stupid.

I am also just tierd of listening/reading MCs thoughts whenever he sees a woman shes ohh so hot and he has to constantly look at girls tits and gets the urge to kiss LIs, he has a mindset like a 12 year old kid and for an adult is just fells stupid, and yet he turns down a LI for sex at hes work kinda funny and untrue to hes childish nature.

Doing the challenges hes thoughts when around Lisa is just to much that its cringy, i mean we get it MC has a connection with her, but ffs stop thinking like a 12 year old constantly and there is just way to much flirting from MCs side and it just never stops and you as the player has 0 controle over it, not even when you keep picking options like not to kiss her, game will force you to love and be with Lisa, funny enough some challenges is about controlling hes urges which he fails at none stop with Lisa.... let the player think on their own insted....MC and Lisa kiss multiple times, telling one another how they feel and so on, game is pushing Lisa on you as the MC like crazy and if you dont want anything to do with her, you will have a really hard time not quiting the game doing all of this, and you proberly should becasue it only gets worse.

But atleast you do get the option to stop her before it goes to far, but for how long i dont know, but even so she is still forced on you as MC to be in a relationship with her, and thats just a huge no go for me and can make game unplayable when that happens, and also the reason i dont play kinetic games, and you will get extreemly tierd of the dialogs between the two, it makes a harem game feel like a couple only game which is no good, which is even worse if you dont want to be with her as the player, Lisa is jealous of other girls which isent just annoying but also stupid in harem game, you just sit there hoping the option to leave her or put her in her place pops up....but it dosent.
    But for some again unknown and extreemly untrue to Lisas charecter she makes a 180 and turn into someone wanting to share MC, again nothing makes sense in the story.

The absolutly most stupid thing is that your given a necklace/amulet to give to a girl to make sure you dont lose her, you would seriously think that would be up to the player but no, MC gives it to Lisa which sure wouldent be my pick, would make more sense to give it to Emily hes oldest childhood friend, so you already know the person who MC will lose will be Emily its not in game yet but that will be my guess and with the story be 100% kinetic its just not worth playing, best part is he dosent even tell her what the necklace is about so she could just take it off and leave it at home....this is such a bad written story.

I had to go back to check for a kinetic tag because this feel nothing like a choice driven game, and truely should have kinetic tag added.

Animations are about average nothing special, and some not even there.

Music is way off, its not bad but it just has some very weird music that just dosent suit the scenes, like talking in a cafe with your friend and music is playing like your in the middel of an action scene or when Emily talks to MCs mother same thing happens really weird music for the scene, so it seems to be an on going thing.

Short overview:
    Cringy and bad dialogs.
    Extreem lack of choices.
    It all feels Kinetic.
    So many text errors, words in the worng order or just misspelled or just using worng words, which can make it annoying to read and harder to understand.
    Story jumps around alll the time, making it annoying to try to follow it.
    Forced LI on MC.
    Messy story where alot makes 0 sense and to much arent explained.
    Missing scenes.
    To many LIs that arent explained who they are, one LI even tells MC she has had a crush on him for ages, then goes to lets have sex...MC refuse but the thing is we have no clue who she is to MC which is an ongoing issue with to little explained.
    Animations are subpar would barely call them average and some are even missing alltogether.
    Music is way off in alot of scenes, so it sets the worng mood.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

astabro

Game turned shit now, what the hell developer did with this game. Earlier it was like 4/5 from my side but I will give it -1 now for how bad the story telling, sandbox shit etc. The story was going great without the remake even the renders and animations were good, not top notch but good. But now this game is shit. I can't believe how stupid people can be, lol. For example - see how this game developers are.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Karraiden

The old version was so much better. I got lucky and got to play both versions before giving a rating. This original version had a story and no freaking minigames. And to make it sandbox. This is like how to kill your game 101.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

GayLord Jesus

This game (previously VN) is now too far gone, and has become terrible to tolerate a full gameplay if I may add. Now, it wasn't the best storytelling experience, best renders or most innovative plot since the beginning, yet it still had a somewhat interesting charm to it. More because it was the first attempt by this development studio. They claimed that. Another positive attitude (then) was the dev held polls on this site and often keen for improvement also read feedback from the various critical comments, here from the community. To summarize they were trying at least.

Yes, it's often impossible to satisfy everyone, but I personally thought VN was improving in terms of renders at least. Also introducing that mystical forest full of various creatures and new events or quests was a positive addition. Dialogues and monologues needed polishing for sure, and redundancy rate of words were horrible. Yet the VN was still growing.

Then came the SHOCKING news, a REMAKE - everything that was a problem since the beginning was going to be kept intact, like horrendous dialogues and monologues as well as too childish approach to the "CHOSEN ONE" without any sense of suspense or thrill also redundancy as everything was explained again and again so on, whereas everything positive about the VN was getting thrown out (ESPECIALLY the VISUAL NOVEL part) with introduction to "Sandbox", "Mini Games", "Point System - To Unlock Abilities and Hot Scenes with LI", "Free Roam", "Grind" etc. to mess with storytelling further as it ruins the plot continuity simultaneously.

I'd tried telling the development studio, to abort this mission towards self destruction, as I didn't want this VN to become another ABANDONED project. Alas! No response from devs, it doesn't even look like they even care for feedback anymore or interested in conducting new audience polls (Like they did for 4th wall at the start of VN).
    Why create a VN then after 5 episodes decide to abandon everything and jump to mindless conclusions - like people playing this "VN" need more grind or sandbox? On top of that the storytelling is at all time low with more added confusion still carrying horrendous dialogues and monologues.
    I still tried to play this newly REMADE game, and couldn't tolerate it. Thus rating it TERRIBLE. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but it's my opinion on the remake. Thank you. Good luck.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

M_Lars

it got a remake even before its finished... not waiting 2 years to come back to the same point with a worse system to finish an history that not even has the first season totally closed (suposedly). I liked it before tho. sad
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Beastofvalhalla

bastardized as a sandbox minigame remake, dont waste your time as its clearly a patreon cash grab
    story has been made worse, sandbox element added instead of VN and renders are of poor quality
    No reason to begin remaking a game that was never completed in the first place
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Leelaverse

This game was a solid 3 for me, I liked realm of the story, the LI's were all pretty and were interesting. The negatives prior to the remake was the writing, and certain big events were forced without and player choices.

Right as the plot was picking up and after a major story event happened, we get a full fledged remake with no warning, it went from a standard VN to a sandbox game with mini games, none of which was said in the planned tags or dev notes till after it happened.

This was honetly a terrible decision to make a drastic change out of nowhere, and with no warning to dedicated players, and for me, with the sandbox and other elements(which has some issues by the way), and remaking of the entire game, I have 0 interest in this now.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Gary prince

I could give zero rating to this terrible game. Because I am a fan of old version of this game. And dev cheated old fans by remaking with stupid story and from beginning. All the time i invested in this game is wasted. HATE REMAKE
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Macgamer

I played this game before the remake so I will just say it was a regular VN which was a good thing. The models were average and LI was good looking. That was all that was good about this game. The english was bad but the writing overall was terrible. This game as it closed in on the remake dragged on and got so boring that I was close to deleting several times. Now as for the remake its adding everything I dislike which sealed its fate for me. Sandbox, free roam. mini games. WTF this is not why I started playing this game. The dev totaly restarted his game and made it in the wrong direction. DELETED.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5596698

I like the story with this one, it was interesting, Lisa is at this point in time best in class gf, well until the others start making their claim, cool slow building harem so far with a bunch of mythical creatures, feels like teen wolf in a way

Little bit of criticism
    The chosen one is said far to much, it's as if you need to be reminded every second sentence, there's also the problem of giving us to much information to quickly in my opinion

No ntr or sharing with dudes so it's a bonus along with what I'm assuming is 4 virgin main Li, 100% recommend
  13. 2.00 star(s)

An Ace Among Men

This review will probably be news to anyone that has read the others.

I'll start with the good things as there are not many. The edits to each model to give them a supernatural presence are new and welcome. For lack of better term cut scenes, when characters have full motion is a welcome addition after so many games that are static images. However, they still need some polish. Sound and music in any game will always get a plus from me, too bad it is the same stock music that is in many others as well.

Now for the bad, but before that a side note. I am not listing this to rag on the dev, only to show areas that could use improvement and hopefully make the final product much better. Now the translation is well, bad. A rewrite with someone who knows the language better is needed the absolute most. The story reads like a baby's first story because of it. The titles could really use some dressing up. The MC is called the "Chosen One" and well I am certain that sounds so much better in any language other than English. The story is way too fast as well. The MC is bitten, turned, and beating a bully so fast that Rocky and the Karate Kid are taking notes. Basically, the whole thing needs to SLOW DOWN. Let things happen at a natural pace. Hell even add in some free roam to these periods to make the passage of time seem more realistic. Next and honestly this is probably my biggest nitpick, the game is entirely too bright for a story about vampires. Turn down the lighting and give the scenes more atmosphere.

All in all, I cannot recommend this game, especially since there is another that does everything this one is trying but better, However, I will say that with some improvements and most certainly a translator that the dev themselves has potential. Either way, good luck.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

AJD DJA

I really enjoyed this. The plot is a little predictable though but still looks good. Few spelling mistakes but not that bad. Animation is clean. A very good job. Problem with making someone all powerful though is they have to have a weakness. Even Superman has one so you might want to think about it. Clearly the blood list isn't it, and you took fire out as well. One small suggestion I probably wouldn't have just given the necklace to one person so fast. I would have made him decide later. Gives you more options if you decide to kill one of the 5 potential mates along the way. Design the connection differently for each and therefore the loss is not the same when one of them dies. BUT you have to make the different connections realistic so that when someone dies, the reader actually feels the pain. So 5 paths with 5 different pains of loss sort of thing. And remember that scars come in many forms. Also the angst with the parents that turned into "you are no longer my parents" that isn't real. Have actually been down that path. Getting rid of toxic isn't as easy as just saying it is done. Usually it takes about 3 betrayals before family calls it quits like that. So it was a little sudden. It also looks like you are thinking of heading down a faery, orc, or whatever it is in the basement path as part of a harem. That could be interesting. Faery are very fun to write into any story if you ask me. Can give a comical chaos factor to change the mood. Let me know if you want some suggestions. Really good work though.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

EDIT: To my understanding, dev updated the game to make it a boring sandbox. While I generally don't review sandbox games, unless this is also a total rewrite to address my issues (which it almost never is) I'm fairly certain all my thoughts on this won't change. Now that you all have to wait to get back to the amount of content this once had.

English: 6
    User Interface: 5
    User Experience: 6
    Art: 6
    Dialogue: 3
    Story: 3
    Opinion: 4
    ------------------------------
    Avg: 4.71

This one has at best a C- translation, let me start with that. It comes and goes with the quality, but it's always there and very distracting. Not that the dialogue in this is written well at all. All of it is very much "Write the question in your answer" type writing. The conversations go like this:
    "You two share a blood bond."
    "So you're saying we share a blood bond? What kind of blood bond do we have?"
    "I will tell you what kind of blood bond you have."
    "Really, you'll tell us what kind of blood bond we have?"
    "Yes, I will tell you about blood bonds."
    Obviously, that's a little exaggerated but that's how it feels a lot of the time. On top of boring Gary-Stu territory, the negatives compound on themselves. I will say the world building is okay, but the execution of the visuals is all over the place. You have MC getting bullied... In college? Vampires, werewolves, and witches wearing robes, ancient scrolls, and living in grandiose temples, but MC also works at McDanks and there's regular streets and homes. And the hunters crawling around in the dumb RPG clothes while everyone else looks normal, I don't know if it's trying to be a joke or not.

Anyway, you follow MC, Gary-Stu extraordinaire. His memory was erased by his mother for... reasons? He wakes up, bumps into a girl that was his childhood friend and she loves him for... wait for it... reasons? There is absolutely no emotional development, outside of jealousy, because everyone attracted to MC is just unnaturally drawn to him. So you the reader have no tangible proof or reason to like any characters. I'm getting a little sidetracked, but He bumps into Emily, she was sent by MC's mother to keep an eye on him because he's "The Chosen One" CHOSEN FOR WHAT? COULDN'T TELL YA. But damn if he wasn't picked for it. At best, he's gonna protect everyone. Essentially, Mom's an ancient witch and Dad's an ancient vampire. Which makes MC super strong and awesome and the best for no reason. The second day you're with MC he gets bitten by a vampire, which ultimately, in my head, makes no sense. His dad's already a vampire, right? But the vamps turn him and everyone just knows he's the chosen one and are ready to use him. So you get a bunch of inbetween scenes where unknown characters are watching MC like Dr. Claw in Inspector Gadget mumbling their evil plots.

Getting back to the vamps, they make Lisa give him her blood and they start a blood bond of love and love each other and never shut up about it. And Lisa also acts like a jealous 13 year old at any and every opportunity. He aces the 5 very poorly named trials to get his ring that lets him walk around during the day and becomes champion of vampires after training for like three whole days. Then there's a time skip of a few weeks, he goes back to school, meets the werewolves, reveals his secret to everyone that he knows, and just throws all caution to the wind because he constantly says that he feels connected to every girl he ever meets. And his personality makes no sense either. He starts out pretty average, maybe a little weak but not really an issue, but then he'll get mad and throw a hissy fit when people don't let him kiss his girlfriend. Like, chill out man, you're a vampire now and have LITERALLY ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO KISS HER. But his outbursts are just very out of nowhere and everyone just rolls over and lets him treat them like an ass. Also, can we take a moment to think about how absurd it is that Diego and MC left their job FOR WEEKS, CAME BACK AND BITCHED THAT THEY'RE FIRED?! Excuse me?

Ultimately, MC does everything plot-wise OFF SCREEN then retells what happened instead of showing you the player what he did. And he's made out to be super smart and a leader but all he's done so far is break up a cat fight and pass the dumb trials. Then suddenly "I've been researching the court of undead and think their evil." WHEN? They were mentioned like twice in passing? Then in the most influid way Lisa, the most jealous creature ever, says "I'll never be with anyone but you, but you can do the sex with anyone you want." HER JEALOUSY WAS THE ONLY INTERESTING PART OF THE STORY. I thought "How will they do this harem thing if she has a complex?" But no, her character changes in about three sentences. And every time MC throws his temper tantrum the girls in his life have to calm him down and tell him how great he is for just existing.

The english isn't amazing but better than robot translation, The UI is minorly edited, the UX is fine but the english and writing hurts my brain most of the time. The art is rocky... Some renders are good, the rest are barely above average. The dialogue is childish and annoying, the story is typical chosen one stuff with an escalation issues, MC disowns his parents because they wanted to protect him then he whines about it and get rewarded for it. Not a fan.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

MrJay

(Review is for 0.5 version)

Thoroughly a disappointment. The story is infantile and all over the place with no cohesion whatsoever, and that's coming from someone who usually likes fantasy-esque games. The dialogue is even worse. The characters are repeatedly posed as if the only thing people do while talking is waving one hand back and forth in front of themselves. The pacing is also completely whack, where most of the game feels like its dragging its feet and just wasting your time and when stuff actually happens its over before you realize it.

The music is annoying, playing random loud sound effects just kills the entire experience. Even the best sex scenes are barely passable. There are random choices sometimes where you have no idea if they have any impact on anything or if you're missing out on something.

Also let me talk about something that quite a few games gets wrong and this is a particular bad example of: I don't play these games because I want to look at and "bro up" with some ugly, cringe dude for most of the game. You're NOT going to get me to feel like I have a new best friend, all you're doing is killing my boner and wasting my time with some annoying idiot.

Don't waste your time.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

trumpthatbitch

Most people have sort of focused on the story and yes the story is cheesy and trivial but all vamp games are for the most part so that is to be expected. Yes, what is there could be written better but that is not where it falls mostly flat. Where it falls most flat isn't the overarching storyline. It's the dialog. Where is do x and I'll reward you. Oh, you served drinks here is some sex. There is no sort of personality to the characters and no depth because the dialogue itself seems artificial and super shallow largely because they are written in such a way where every little thought is explained to the reader in a matter-of-fact way instead of them it expressing it themselves. You never are allowed to forget you are reading a story written by someone else

The other area that it fails most but isn't getting mentioned may be because the people here haven't looked at the code is the way in which the scenes are written. There is no possibility for depth in the choices the player makes because they are not tracked beyond do x correctly then the scene triggers.I don't know if that is because the author doesn't know how to code choices or doesn't want to create a branching VN but the end result is it makes the characters even more empty because they only react to your choices in that self-contained scene. At the end of the day, the criticism written here is well deserved. The renders are bad. The story is poorly written and uninteresting you are literally the chosen one and everyone just flocks to you, completely trusts you, and expects you to solve all their problems (but why should you?). The characters are bland and devoid of depth and because nothing is really tracked the author has limited the future depth of story and the reactions of the characters moving forward as well.

It started off kind of interesting (as a trashy campy vampire VN) but it's gotten worse as it goes along which makes it hard to recommend to anyone because it's not only bad but unlikely to get any better. The last update was the worst so I recommend people avoid this one
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

Average game but I'm always a sucker for vampire stories. So this one is pass in my book. Renders are decent but got issues. Some models faces are weird especially the Mc. These models are we've already seen in many games. Some girls are pretty some aren't. Story ain't fresh but l like where it's going. It's not boring overall I likee the game,and loved the jealousy between female characters for MC. Keep up the good work dev, looking forward to next updates

Edit : In Ep.5 MC's face is changed that's good now it's better than the old one. Still not a best one
  19. 2.00 star(s)

mrttao

art is meh
    dialog is quite bad. both in terms of poor english and also in terms of the quality of writing.
    in a VN dialog is key because all you have is dialog and pictures.
    I really wish they stopped letting us hear the inner thoughts of literally everyone. It is a cheap attempt to get around their inability to convey a person's personality through actions so instead it lets us hear their thoughts.

plot is really cheesy. you are some chosen one, that is turned into a vampire. But all the other supernatural factions still court you.
    You are chosen one because apparently it makes you the ultimate simp who would be there as a simp for all factions
    > werewolf princess: but daddy we are at war with the vampires. won't the chosen one be our enemy?
    > werewolf king: no daughter. he is chosen one because he just can help himself and be kind and generous to everyone. he will save us too. So go join his harem.

Also, using 2 frames (closed mouth/open mouth) to simulate speech is really really annoying. it would have been better to just have the mouth stay closed all the time and just have us read. Every time it flips that 1 frame over my eyes are drawn to the movement and I am smacked in the face with the fact that their mouth is not moving properly. While if they didn't bother at all then I would be able to suspend my disbelief and just focus on the writing instead.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

botc76

Don't be fooled by the high ratings, if you look at the actual reviews, you realize that most either just ignore the flaws they mention themselves, when it comes to rating, or they do the usual absolutely aggravating mistake of rating what they HOPE will be in the game sometime in the future.

It is, by all means, not a horrible game, also not a good one, though.
    The dialogue is quite bad, and I don't just mean the English, it's more than that.
    The story seems really trivial and isn't written to be particularly engaging.
    Renders are really a detriment. They are not good, simple as that.

All in all, this could be a decent game, but it needs a lot of work and improve in basically everything for that.
    As it is 3 Stars is me being generous.

I mean, the English is quite bad, and I think some of the really high ratings might come from people who aren't able to realize that.