VN - Ren'Py - Completed - BlackberryNOVA [Final] [Nova B12]

1. 1.00 star(s)

LittleSisterLover

This review is spoiler heavy. I will tag the major points properly, but be aware that this is written with the intent of delivering its full message.

BlackberryNOVA is a game which appears to be largely a cute yuri visual novel, delivering this theme through its colorful visuals and characters.

This is, however, not at all the case. In reality,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, the inclusion of these elements does not inherently make a game bad, as it is something that happens in reality and as such is more than permissible to be explored through storytelling. However, BlackberryNOVA doesn't really do this. What it does is unexpectedly slaps the play in the face with it, then continues on as though it isn't really a big deal.

A visual novel is a medium in which the presentation of characters and the story are essential, and so to fail to clarify your themes or even properly explore what you've included is a simple failure.

Aside from this, there's really nothing to talk about in the story, because that's all it really focuses on, the rest being generic interactions.

Other mentionable aspects of the game are the visual designs of the characters as well as background images.

The appearances of the characters are generally cute, but rather uninspired. Two of the major characters look very similar, differing primarily in the coloring of their hair, while another simply has fox ears for...some reason. Again, cute, but out of place.

Background images are overall quite poor. Some appear to be lower resolution and stick out sorely for the rest, and various locations within the world don't appear to share any sort of consistency (for instance, the "club room" has a completely different visual style from the "school yard").

Overall, I would say BlackberryNOVA fails on most of the fronts a visual novel aims for. I would particularly recommend staying far, far away from it if your interest is a cute dating sim, because that's not what it is...nor is it anything else.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

VerySusGirl

Good story. Decent art style. Lots of endings, which I like, gives you a lot of choice and your options actually matter in the long run. Cute characters. And once again one of those GL/Yuri games that aren't abandoned.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Not great translation at times (personally doesn't bother me though might be affecting story some especially since read it was Russian maybe).

Poor story

Poor choices that make more obscure hard requirements on secret endings that are just I think 2 threesomes and not even lone sis.

Below average graphics

Food choices that may or may not affect choices (read some say yes some say no, either way there to little info on why and what they would be).

Only 1 climatic sex scene for each successful route pretty much (so fappers look elsewhere).

The all to common feeling of some CGS given no story and just told draw this. (Like 1 the 1st is you kiss your sissterwith her having minor reluctnance and a tear drops -> cg she looks like she kissing you and no tears).

2/5
    Another not so great Yuri unfortunately, as a whole below average and not really worth it unless desperate for yuri and done all the better ones you know of, as it is quick to finish the 2 or 3 basic routes.