• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Blackish/Grayish Line on The Neck of NPCS | Unity Engine Games

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
I'm not sure if this happens on games running on other engines but i keep having this issue on games running the unity engine specifically and i'm not sure how to even begin to fix it, or if it is even fixable in the first place.

Below is an example of "rodeo show" on just this 1 game: SinVR where i downloaded it from the thread there on a windows 10 pc to give it a go only to be met with the very same black/grayish line on the "neck" of NPC's and no it does not seem to appear anywhere else on the body as i've checked and only ever seen it on the neck, and mind you i'm having this exact SAME neck line issue across many different unity games on windows, it's not just SinVR:
ScreenShot_20231010104202.png

and a thing worth noting is that the more you zoom in on the character, the more transparent it becomes, like, i'm already right in on her face in the screenshot and it's kiinda transparent (i mean, you can notice the transparency there) but at the same time you can still very, VERY clearly see it on the neck.

Also, i've tried a couple of other characters (not all of them) but rodeo show seems to be the only one having this issue on SinVR as far as i know.

Can anyone help me out with this to try to fix this please because it's so god damn frustrating seeing that, THAT and i'm.. it's just i'm so sick and tired of seeing it across different unity games is all.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Assuming it's not an issue of the game (Why not contact the dev of said game?), you are not using any antialiasing, I'd start with that. Go to the settings of the game, and enable antialiasing.

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
Assuming it's not an issue of the game (Why not contact the dev of said game?), you are not using any antialiasing, I'd start with that. Go to the settings of the game, and enable antialiasing.
I mean, call me skeptical but i don't think contacting the developer would be a good idea considering this is, quite literally, a pirate site and also i'm already here anyway so i'd like to try get help here first anyhow.

As for the in-game setting for antialiasing or any other graphic control settings for that matter, there are none for the version of sinvr that i have (afaik, i triple checked) and the version that i have is the one in the screenshot below (red box) which i'm certain is an older version of the game at this point because they released a new version recently and that version isn't even out on the thread yet.
ScreenShot_20231010160238.png

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
Well, it just seems to be an issue with the game. Not much you can do on your end.

-edit-
If you look at this screenshot: https://f95zone.to/threads/sinvr-final-dlc-sinvr.15145/#lg=post-923052&slide=5 you can notice the very same line
Hmm, i see, ok well so what i can conclude from this is that it really just seems like it depends on what "type" of character model the developer uses for their games that run on the unity engine and the character "rodeo show" in the picture there is a prime example of that as such there really isn't anything i can do about it huh, oh well.

Thank you for trying though.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hmm, i see, ok well so what i can conclude from this is that it really just seems like it depends on what "type" of character model the developer uses for their games that run on the unity engine and the character "rodeo show" in the picture there is a prime example of that as such there really isn't anything i can do about it huh, oh well.

Thank you for trying though.
Unity has nothing to do with it, it's all on the dev. You can try forcing AntiAliasing through Nvidia Control Panel (or amd equivalent) if possible, that ought to hide the issue a lil bit.

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
I do have the nvidia control panel and i see 5 different antialiasing settings there, these are the setting i currently have it on:
ScreenShot_20231011132058.png

and sure i can try to mess around with them to see what works best but my question is, do you know if changing these settings will have any immediate effect or will i have to keep restarting the game each time i change the settings for it to have an effect? because i'll be honest, if it's the latter then it's going to be a hassle.... buuut i'll still go through it (annoying as it may be) if it'll really make a difference (even if it'll just be a little bit of a difference).

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Antialiasing will blur the edges, so for one it will fix the pixellated edges. In the same way, it should make that gap less noticeable. Your AA is currently turned off.

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
Okay but even so, that doesn't answer my question:
do you know if changing these settings will have any immediate effect or will i have to keep restarting the game each time i change the settings for it to have an effect?.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Okay but even so, that doesn't answer my question:
If it was part of the game settings, you wouldn't need to restart.
However, from the nvidia panel I am pretty sure you will need to restart the game, but I might be wrong.

zeolay

Jan 29, 2022
If it was part of the game settings, you wouldn't need to restart.
However, from the nvidia panel I am pretty sure you will need to restart the game, but I might be wrong.
Just tried different antiliasing settings and, well, had to restart the game each time unfortunately and yeah it seems to make it "less" obviously noticeable but only by a tiny bit though.

There's some fiddling around i need to do still to see what works best but in general i did notice it making difference, even if it is just a little bit, i just wish the :censored: thing didn't need to be restarted for it to have an effect though.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Just tried different antiliasing settings and, well, had to restart the game each time unfortunately and yeah it seems to make it "less" obviously noticeable but only by a tiny bit though.

There's some fiddling around i need to do still to see what works best but in general i did notice it making difference, even if it is just a little bit, i just wish the :censored: thing didn't need to be restarted for it to have an effect though.
That too is an issue that can be fixed by the dev alone. Not much else you can do on your end.