4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Hello, let me clear up some things.

1. Rare_Cats is not the dev. He's another person like me doing the translation (and did the translation for the first game). I already spoke with him about this and he decided to do his own translation. I don't know when his will be finished.

2. I've never at any point concealed that this was a heavily edited machine translation. In fact, I openly stated this when I first started the project.

3. If you aren't happy with the quality of it, guess what? It's free. This is far from a professional piece of work considering I've put hundreds of hours into this as a one-man team. I certainly know my translation isn't perfect. The original Black Souls translation wasn't perfect. Rare_Cats's upcoming translation won't be perfect. He's aware of that too.

All this to say, sorry if you're butthurt over free things.

Edit: I'll also add, since it's a pain keeping track of what's now three threads, if you need to report any bugs or issues and want to make sure I see it, do so in the translation thread.

Last edited:

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020

1. Rare_Cats is not the dev. He's another person like me doing the translation (and did the translation for the first game). I already spoke with him about this and he decided to do his own translation. I don't know when his will be finished.

2. I've never at any point concealed that this was a heavily edited machine translation. In fact, I openly stated this when I first started the project.

3. If you aren't happy with the quality of it, guess what? It's free. This is far from a professional piece of work considering I've put hundreds of hours into this as a one-man team. I certainly know my translation isn't perfect. The original Black Souls translation wasn't perfect. Rare_Cats's upcoming translation won't be perfect. He's aware of that too.

Edit: I'll also add, since it's a pain keeping track of what's now three threads, if you need to report any bugs or issues and want to make sure I see it, do so in the translation thread.
Thank you for your hard work. :PogChamp:
People tend to belittle non-professional/fan translated works, but they are the ones who kept the community alive with new content. Most of the time, we don't even know a game existed without some brave soul decided to go in alone and translate some moon runes.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018

I don't care what anyone says. You did a good job on this, that is a fact. Thanks to you we get to play a great game like this. It is a shame that not enough folks appreciate how much work and commitment goes into finishing a translation.

LazySloth

Sep 15, 2017
It's a full edited "MTL" the official real full translation form the dev is in a few months
That's great. I'm gonna start playing with this translation, because I've been waiting forever to play this game translated and I don't know how many months is the "real" translation going to take.

Reactions: Kaizuka Satomi
D

Deleted member 2234432

Who knows the password to the secret file.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Can someone tell me if the gay tag is for like, only one scene, or even worst, for trap/futa?
If it's like the previous one, there will be very few, Black Souls 1 only had 1 trap in a side quest (Hansel and Gretel, no surprises one of em had to be a guy), so I'm doubting there will be more than 2, and as always, the scenes are optional, you have to pursue the scene to get the scene. You can always ignore them, kill them or let them mutate into some kind of monster then kill them (H&G mutated into monsters if you picked up any of the bread crumb trail in the forest for example).

what am I supposed to do I can't get passed the first boss no matter how hard I try. also how do you level up.
Hate to say it, but level up is locked behind the first boss. There's a few options; farm the Werewolf to get Yellow Souls and farm the headless bodies to get Rubbish to upgrade the first weapon you should have found on a dead body (only findable when you have positive SEN). A decently upgraded weapon and a lot of speed should see you through if you block or dodge its attacks when you out speed it. You can also farm the headless soldiers for Green souls if you want a bit ore HP first. Failing that; commit multiple suicides by the Crash Site stairs to get Black Souls, then use them to boost your stats up till you win. This can end up with your SEN down the drain though, so it's a toss up if it's worth it or not, its the far more efficient and faster method, but its up to how you wanna play.

Last edited:

ArcCero

Oct 15, 2018
Is there a reason I'm not getting sound? I had the same issue with the original Black souls, and I don't see any config file or anything along those lines.

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
Press x and there is a save option
Thanks. Apparently you can't save in the prologue. I was still in the prologue and wanted to save before I made dialogue choices.

By the way, is there a walkthrough of this game? I can't seem to be able to do anything. I'm stuck in the Dream Library and the Dungeon next to it and everything is either a dead end or leads to a door that won't open.

sunnzo

Jan 19, 2020
Anyone else getting a terrifying "jumpscare" every few minutes? Won't get specific but I'm gonna have a heart attack. Super unsettling. Really like the game too!

sunnzo

Jan 19, 2020
so silly question incoming I beat the rabbit boss but I can't find anyone to level me up is it past another boss?
She ends up sitting at the long table in the middle of the room, at the dream library. not sure when she pops up though.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes