Daz Blender Blender to Daz

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Hello guys,
straight to the point.

I have blender model (based on g8)

Is there any chance to export this model and use it as a morph/shape for g8f in Daz ?
I already tried to import through Morph Loader Pro, but it gives an error.
So, I'm most likely not exporting from blender the right way... or I don't know.

I would be grateful for any help or advice <3

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
If it's based on g8f - it should work :unsure:.
Be sure to remove any multires/subdivision modifier (or any modifiers for that matter) before sending back to Morph loader.
How many polys does the mesh have "naked" at base level?

If mesh has been altered, other solutions may exist but I only know that one: You need to export g8f base model at base level as an obj (you don't need fbx). Then you need to project (/wrap) your imported mesh into your Blender model. You can either use Zbrush for projection or R3DSWrap for best result, you can also try to shrinkwrap with Blender but my result were really shit (a good plugin may exists but the one I tried were meh). Once projected/wrapped save/send the obj to morph loader.

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Can you post the blend file, just the naked (no need for material or anything) mesh?
Could look into it after rendering o/
If I did everything right, then here it is.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
If I did everything right, then here it is.

Ok, it's not working because the base mesh has been merged with golden palace graft. Not much you can do here except wrap/projection (scult/soft the genital part if you need the whole body) with an altered mesh, far I know.

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Ok, it's not working because the base mesh has been merged with golden palace graft. Not much you can do here except wrap/projection (scult/soft the genital part if you need the whole body) with an altered mesh, far I know.
I don't really understand... What if I delete this part?
All I need from the model is the face shape and that's it, the rest is not needed.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I don't really understand... What if I delete this part?
All I need from the model is the face shape and that's it, the rest is not needed.
You can't. A morph to be "valid" need to have the exact same number of vertices and polys from the g8f base mesh (exactly 16'556 vertices & 16'368 polys, not one more not one less). A "head" morph is a full morph with rest of the body "hidden" (not doing anything).

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Since you only wanted the head morph I removed the head from Abigail model and placed it on an headless G8 figure. Merged them together and connected the vertices of the body and head together. Vertices and Polygons match with a base G8 Figure.

My DAZ knowledge is very limited so I will leave the importing to you. Here's the Blend file:

Edit: I removed the textures hope that isn't a problem.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Since you only wanted the head morph I removed the head from Abigail model and placed it on an headless G8 figure. Merged them together and connected the vertices of the body and head together. Vertices and Polygons match with a base G8 Figure.

My DAZ knowledge is very limited so I will leave the importing to you. Here's the Blend file:

I can't verify and kinda stuck on the machine but I don't think it gonna work either as it has to keep the vertex order from the g8f base model too.

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017

I can't verify and kinda stuck on the machine but I don't think it gonna work either as it has to keep the vertex order from the g8f base model too.
Yep... but at least it doesn't throw an error.
The shape is applied, but the model simply breaks.
Maybe there is an easy way to save .obj file as shape...

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Ow didnt knew about that. I looked into it and it seems there is not really a way to transfer vertex orders.Only thing I could find is from a couple years, but it doesnt seem to work properly in blender 3.2. Maybe if you download an older version of Blender it might work.

Otherwise I think your just out of luck. The Vertex order in the base Blender file of the character is already completely different then the Vertex order of a base G8 model.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yep... but at least it doesn't throw an error.
Yeah but you ain't going nowhere sadly.

Ow didnt knew about that. I looked into it and it seems there is not really a way to transfer vertex orders.Only thing I could find is from a couple years, but it doesnt seem to work properly in blender 3.2. Maybe if you download an older version of Blender it might work.

Otherwise I think your just out of luck. The Vertex order in the base Blender file of the character is already completely different then the Vertex order of a base G8 model.
Far I know, yeah.
I saw that too but not sure it gonna do the trick as Daz is super picky. Zbrush projection is not that bad if you remove problematic elements (eyes/teeths/ears) and can be done rather quickly but if you ain't familiar it kinda gonna sucks tbh.

Not sure there is miracle solution.

Last edited:

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Yeah but you ain't going nowhere sadly.

Far I know, yeah.
I saw that too but not sure it gonna do the trick as Daz is super picky. Zbrush projection is not that bad if you remove problematic elements (eyes/teeths/ears) and can be done rather quickly but if you ain't familiar it kinda gonna sucks tbh.

Not sure there is miracle solution.

Understood, thanks for the explanation :cry:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Well i looked into it a bit further and turned out I imported the G8 figure wrong. Didn't select keep vertex order on import. And the guy renamed the UVs on Abigail so they didnt merge properly either.

Fixed those things and the addon i posted above seemed to do the trick then. Imported it to DAZ myself to check and it works now.

Here is the if you wanna morph her a bit more. Her neck was a bit weird (it was a lot bigger then the base G8 one) when placing it on the headless G8 figure so might have to look into that. I just smoothed it a bit, but it looks a bit off now compared to how 'Bulky' the head looks.

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
Well i looked into it a bit further and turned out I imported the G8 figure wrong. Didn't select keep vertex order on import. And the guy renamed the UVs on Abigail so they didnt merge properly either.

Fixed those things and the addon i posted above seemed to do the trick then. Imported it to DAZ myself to check and it works now.

Here is the if you wanna morph her a bit more. Her neck was a bit weird (it was a lot bigger then the base G8 one) when placing it on the headless G8 figure so might have to look into that. I just smoothed it a bit, but it looks a bit off now compared to how 'Bulky' the head looks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work...
Here's what happens to the shape after it's imported into DAZ.

00909.jpg

Looks like the only method is what was described above.
But for a person who absolutely does not understand the blender, this is a living hell.
Unlucky...
Thanks for the help, Synx.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

Don't work for me too.
Either I got scaling wrong or doesn't work.
By imported you mean via Morph loader?
(load g8f basic model>edit>object>morph load pro>choose morph file>accept, morph is in parameter tab morph>morph loader). Choose 100.0 scale when exporting from Blender if you don't want to bother with scaling in Daz.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
What the hell... If i download the Blend file I uploaded it doesn't work...

If i use the original exactly the same file on my PC it works fine...

Here is the of my export from Blender. If I import that one into DAZ it works on my side. (I scaled it by 100 from Blender dont have to change anything in DAZ).

I ment importing into Blender. In the import settings you got to turn on keep Vertex order otherwise it fucks it up. Same when exporting it again.

But yeah this went from a nice distraction during work hours to a frustration why doesn't it work bullshit....

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

Here is the of my export from Blender. If I import that one into DAZ it works on my side. (I scaled it by 100 from Blender dont have to change anything in DAZ).

I ment importing into Blender. In the import settings you got to turn on keep Vertex order otherwise it fucks it up. Same when exporting it again.

But yeah this went from a nice distraction during work hours to a frustration why doesn't it work bullshit....
It works you freaking madman!

1432170561551-1.gif

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017

Omg this really works...
Can you describe in detail how you did it?
Thanks a lot!