Ren'Py - Blissful Sleep [v0.3] [Toramizu]

1. 3.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v0.21d]
    Junky, but pleasant.

-Story, Originality
    I am still not sure what is happening in the game...
    And I don't like to read a lot (except books).

-Renders
    Okay art.

-Sound
    Have mixed feelings about the sounds and music...
    Felt somewhat uncomfortable.

-Playability
    Played for 1-2 hours, but didn't feel any progress.
    The plot h-scenes are behing grind and during "minigames" there are only some nice pictures.

-Performance
    Runs like an average Ren'Py game (Or is it not?).

-Bugs
    Didn't see any.

-Animations
    A lot of still images and VFX.

-Voice Acting
    Don't remember hearing voices.

-Grammar
    Didn't see any mistakes.

-Amount of content
    I played a lot and not even sure if there are a lot of content...

There are a lot of variations during minigames, but they just reset every time...

And plot events only happen if you grind NPC's stats over and over...

Good idea.
    Good art.
    Okay gameplay.
    Too much grind.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

h2re

Review of online version 0.2.3. Art is avg, story above avg, gameplay is a bit confusing, encountered a few bugs like when reading books at the library or after fight dialogue but neither crashed renpy.

The art is mostly static character models with a few full scenes sprinkled in. Some have placeholder silhouettes like the MC's father which was confusing bc it was explained later that your father is futa with feminine features.

Story is original and there is enough world-building between MC's backstory and library that it feels cohesive. Not currently a large variety of locations to visit and only a handful of characters. Still not sold on Margaret's intent for helping MC, seems benevolent only as a story driving force.

Gameplay is an area that needs improvement. From the onset you are strong and there's nothing you can't beat. Some of the mechanics are not intuitive and trying to explain them in 2 short lines of text is not enough. Some enemies I had no idea what their attacks were going to do or how to prepare. Melody's succubus in particular is convoluted. I still don't fully understand her 3rd card. Lots of the symbols for currency or in battle resources are not explained until after you have chosen to use them.

Overall lots of potential. Clean up the gameplay confusion and continue to add art and content and this title should be a success.

TLDR good game needs more content and mechanic clarity. 4 stars
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Guerrilla!

Happy to contribute to the future of this project! Thus far, the art is good to my eyes (eye of the beholder takes precedence here, however, so your own mileage may well vary) and as stated in the developers Patreon they have their eye on commissioning for better art still in future.

A Card Battler it is, which is the only reason it is a 4 Star here since whilst personally excellent to my feeling I gather if you have played such beforehand, you will not be blown away with its gameplay.

Its early days as yet, however! And its bound to be fleshed out further.

Happier still I am to contribute in what small way I can to queer stories in indie strat games, card battlers though they may be <3

Do please take a gander and support in what measure you may find apt @ their Itch page for this game if you are keen on prospects for this title. Again, heartily commend this.