VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Blood Petals [Demo] [MrSpunkyPants]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SeveredRealms

I think this is a great start to a promising game. Yes it is a bit short but it at the moment is just a introduction. So we have to give it time and see where the Dev takes it from here.
    As for the renders I did not see any problems with them. He is trying to build a little character personality for each individual and it shows in the facial expressions. Some have said the only real sex scene animation wasnt great. I see it as a new dev trying his hand for the first time making them and it looked great for his first animation.
    I felt that it was a bit rushed sure but give him time to flesh out the game and work on developing the characters as we do not know how or where they fit in. I mean to some it may seem he just jumped into it with the hiring of the secretary but then again once we have a little backstory on her maybe we will find out he knew more about her then what we initially see at the start..
    Lets give him some time to open the game up a little more in the next update and then come back and review our ratings. for now I am giving him a A for effort and quality or the work with the renders and his first animation.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

In the comments I said that if the story was as good as the previews, this would be an awesome game. Unfortunately the story turned out to be pretty bad, and a lot of renders in the game are not that great either.

And that's a shame, because there definitely seems to be some potential here. I like the premise of the story, and as you can see in the previews this dev has the skills to make beautifully detailed models.

However, it all feels extremely rushed. There's only 5 mins of gameplay right now, and in that time you:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    With the right amount of build-up and dialogue, this is enough content to fill at least 1 hour of gameplay. But instead everything is crammed into a few minutes. Like you met an old friend at the station, who's telling you about how he's been doing for the last couple of years while he's simultaneously trying to catch the train.

Just a few examples:
    1. you hire a new secretary, no job interview, never seen her before. Does she need to be trained? No, after one second she knows exactly what to do, you didn't even tell her what her job is.
    2. a woman enters your office who you apparently know form your past. No introduction, no context. It's fine if that will be explained later on, but at least make clear that she's in some way important to you, otherwise it makes no sense why you would accept her case.
    3. a flashback: Jessica. Without further context. And another woman on a motorcycle, who or what is she? No idea. Again, absolutely fine if that's still shrouded in mystery, but if new characters are introduced every 10 seconds the player has no time to get emotionally connected to any of them.
    As for the renders, one moment they look fantastic (close-up of the girl with the nose piercing, close-up of the redhead bartender), the next moment they look terrible (the MC and Dana on the couch look straight up mentally retarded!) .

Once again, the potential definitely seems to be present, but this isn't a great first release. I hope the dev will rewrite the game from the start, with some more patience this time.