VN Bloodcrave - Vampire-themed VN focused on romance, corruption and sex under necessity with reverse NTR twist. (Update: Public demo)

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
library_capsule.png

Hello Everyone, I work for Blue Fiend Studios, and soon we will be releasing a demo of our upcoming visual novel Bloodcrave. Three main themes of the game are romance, corruption and sex under necessity mixed with reverse NTR. The game is fully voice-acted, and some of the scenes are animated. I already posted some previews in the introduction section, but I don't think I should be spamming that section forever, so I'm moving the updates here.

Below is the list of previous blog posts with character and feature previews:

(Includes HCG samples)

Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.

Here is the description from Steam:

Welcome to the dark and alluring world of Bloodcrave, a thrilling vampire-themed visual novel that will take you on a journey of love, corruption, and tough choices.

Follow the story of Alex, a young engineer who finds himself in the middle of a battle between vampires and vigilantes. When he is saved by Chloe, a fierce vampire hunter, he discovers that his blood holds a secret that could change the balance of power forever. Will he use his newfound strength to help Chloe rid the city of ruthless vampires, or will he succumb to his dark desires and become a force of destruction?

As you delve deeper into the game, you'll encounter six captivating love interests, each with their own unique storylines, personalities, and intimate moments. But be careful, as jealousy can have severe consequences in this world of danger and temptation.

The decisions you make will have a drastic impact on the outcome of the game, with multiple endings and epilogues for each character. Will you lead your companions down the path of virtue, or will you make them succumb to the lure of darkness?

As you plan your actions for each day, you'll discover hidden quests, events, and animated scenes that bring this captivating world to life. Immerse yourself in the interactive storytelling, as you decide whether to become a skilled vampire hunter, pursue your love interests, or indulge in something more nefarious.

Features:
  • Explore romantic relationships with six captivating love interests, each with their own unique branching storylines.
  • Enjoy fully animated voice-acted scenes to immerse yourself in the game's world.
  • Plan your days carefully by choosing which locations to visit and who to meet, shaping the direction of the story.
  • Visit over two dozen unique locations, each holding its own secrets and dangers.
  • Follow the main story with five different endings and discover multiple epilogues for each character, offering satisfying conclusions to their individual story arcs.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
>reverse ntr
I've heard that term used for male protagonists being stolen from their partner, what does it mean in this case?

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
The protagonist in the game possesses unique blood that enhances the power of vampires, but it loses its effect when he experiences terror or despair. Initially, he willingly shared his blood with Chloe, a vampire vigilante who saved his life. However, as the story about his blood gets out, other vampires attempt to lure him to their side. The player can decide whether to betray Chloe and offer his blood to other vampires or stay loyal to her and the vampire hunters.

The reverse NTR route is entirely optional, and moreover, the players even have the option to use his blood as a bargaining chip, making vampires addicted to it and submitting to him.

So yes, it's like in other games, where the protagonist is getting stolen from a heroine, but at the same time, it's more than that. It makes him submit to corruption and abandon his principles by offering power to forces of evil. Although, as I said, it's fully optional.

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
Feet enthusiasts will appreciate today's post.

Here is one of our early artworks from when we were still trying to find the right style for the game. This scene is from later in the game, and the artwork will be reworked a bit before we put it into the game.

1.png

Reactions: AverRaiher

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
First of all the game feels that it is going to be quite interesting but on the concept I'm feeling that there are a few conflicts on the ideas presented, let me explain:

-First of all one of the most interesting points of this game feels like it's going to be the corruption/redemption element, however this is something that players can enjoy in a game that is an open dating sim compared to carefully planning how we use our days.

It's cool to add some main events to the story that happens overtime, but be really lax with it, there is nothing more annoying than having to play the game in an optimal way, seeing that we are going to be able to date, text and interact with other characters just take it slow with the events of the main story.

-Second I would recommend to forget the blood addiction, the game has enough stuff and it's going to have a conflict with many other themes, especially the reverse NTR in which we expect that the girls are going to try to charm our MC one way or another, contrary to it having some sort of willpower mechanic would work much better to show us how the girls are trying to seduce the MC.

-Third I actually feel that this game would benefit a lot by having some sort of capture system be it for enemies or allies, because it feels like it could be more focused on characters doing missions on a map, but it depends a lot on what the game has intended.

But a character like Erika needs to have many infiltration missions to shine, especially in relation to the MC, she is literally the typical girl that at the start she would show weakness to the MC trying to escape then the more he is persuaded by her the more cheeky she will become, it's easy to imagine her going from being captured and trying to persuade the MC into freeing her in exchange of sex and going to the point in which she goes directly to the MC in a cheeky way to get information out of him.

This is the benefit of multiple encounters/repetitions and being able to capture enemies or having allies captured could be a really interesting mechanic because of rescue missions and other circunstances, but really, since we have a redemption/corruption part in this game I would love to see it fully explored with the ability to have "allies become enemies" and "enemies becoming allies".

-Lastly I would like to ask if there is gonna be some romance between NPC's, with this I don't refer to NTR but literally that characters could romance each other, just based on descriptions for example it seems more than possible a Virgil x Sarah or perhaps some lesbian scenes, to be fair seeing that Erika is a shapeshifter she could even become a futa for all I know.

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. Let me address your points.
1) We're careful to make sure that players don't feel like they need to find an optimal way to play the game. We also built the game mechanics in such a way that we can easily increase the amount of time in specific parts of the game if we receive feedback from the players that they feel in a rush in some parts of the game.

Overall the game takes place throughout one summer, so around 90 days. While players have some objectives, we never wanted to make players feel like they have to choose between them or interact with other characters. There will be more than enough time to do both.

2) It's not blood addiction per see, but the fact that MC's blood gives vampires power. Therefore some of them might need it to achieve their objective (for example, to kill their rival), and the player can use it as leverage. So while some might be desperate to get it because they are in a tough spot, it won't be anything like drug addiction.

Also, there is something like a willpower mechanic you mentioned. The game measures the assertiveness/submissiveness of the protagonist. Seducing might start with small things, slowly pushing MC's boundaries for small rewards. Each time player lets this happen, Alex's assertiveness will drop. It will affect the tone of his dialog lines, and if the assertiveness gets too low, even selecting the option to resist won't help, as the seducing character will be able to push through Alex's weak attempts to keep control over the situation.

But, of course, you are also able to play as a strong-willed character who is in control of the situation.

3) There is a capture system, indeed. Each time you defeat an important enemy, you can kill, capture, or let them go. There are holding cells in the hideout, and you will have a wide variety of interrogation options. Although if you want to do something creepy, maybe don't do it when other vampire hunters are around. ;) But your companions can't be captured.

cell 2.png

4) Yes, there is some romance between characters, but only between non-romanceable ones, but there is no NTR. However, there are some scenes from the villain's perspective, and you can see him fuck some of his subordinates or opponents.

Last edited:

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
Alex's Friends.png
Introducing Alex's colleagues

Meet the last set of characters from the prologue of Bloodcrave! Alex's close friends, coworkers, and his neighbor. They all have their own little secrets and hidden agendas.

April is an energetic and mischievous gal who happens to be Alex's neighbor. Though she comes across as carefree, she's actually very intelligent and surprises people when revealing that she's an economics student. However, be wary of showing surprise at her intelligence, as her long nails can leave deep scratches. Despite her joyous exterior, she carries the burden of past mistakes that may come back to haunt her.
Oliver is the representative of a secretive firm that hired Alex's company to work on a highly mysterious project that's supposed to change the world. Alex is usually skeptical of claims like that, but something about Oliver's words sounded genuine. However, Alex can't shake the feeling that there's more to this project than meets the eye.
Amy is a project manager on Alex's team, known for her organizational skills and ability to keep engineers on track. She has a strict rule against dating coworkers, which crushes Cole's hopes of winning her heart. But when Virgil enters their lives, everything changes - and not necessarily for the better.
Cole is Alex's coworker and the team's joker, always making cheesy jokes and slacking off whenever he can. He's in love with Amy, but she's made it clear that she won't date him as long as they work together. However, when Virgil turns them into his thralls, their relationship takes on a whole new dimension.

You can find more about the game on our Patreon:
And Twitter:

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
A sketch of a new illustration our artist is working on. One of the heroines feeds on the protagonist after an intense kiss.

On the other note, the demo will be released on the 18th of April.

Sketch 2.png

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
We just posted OST preview on Twitter:

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
POV: You just disturbed the lunch of two yandere vampires. What do you do?

BFS_Bloodcrave_twin-encount_sc1tt.png

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
We posted animation from our ASMR edging scene on our Twitter:

Next week we will post it with voice acting.

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
Tell them to be careful.
Corpses are hard to hide and draw police attation.
I rather avoid that kind of attantion.
Also let me know when your fineshed.
I like to fuck her when you are done.
Well, there will definitely be an option to fuck them, although it will require a lot of 'persuading'.

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
We posted the first sample of voice acting on our Twitter:

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
We revealed another voice actress:

Reefraf

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2023
Another reveal, this time a tomboy waifu: