VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Blossoming Love [v1.0 LE Animated] [Slonique]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Teyrna

I see [VN][Ren'Py], I see good graphics, I feel compelled to give it a shot. If the rating isn't that good, it makes me interested to see why a VN with what appears to be good graphics is getting rated poorly. It's over 4gb, so it shouldn't be that it's a short game.

So I go through the introduction which is kind of mundane. You get introduced to the house by the cover LI, and she later introduces you to a second LI. It's setup with sprite characters over top of a static background image... which is fine, I've played numerous games like that.

Then after the introduction, I'm introduced what I like to call the sandbox grinder interface. You know the one: money, energy, time of day, room selection, event list for the room you're in. The whole nine yards.

I have just discovered this is not a VN at all; it's a sandbox. There's no overarching story that ties everything together, there are events. You can do events for/with any character you want, or you can just avoid their events like they don't exist. Since there is no overarching story, there is no real ending to the game. If you finish the last event for a character, the game might tell you if the character's event chain is complete... or it might not. If you finish all of the events for every character, the game continues as if there might still be something to do.

Now, I don't have a problem with sandbox games, if there's under underlying story and if doing events with characters will cause triggers in the story that might make the story progress in a different way. This wouldn't have been the first sandbox that I've played before, though I'm annoyed that the thread title pretty much lied by advertising this as a VN when it clearly isn't.

Unfortunately I've played games by this developer before and I can see the rating just fine. I have no reason to assume this game is going to be any different and the other reviewers are practically screaming at me that if I continue... I'm going to get what exactly what I've come to expect.

So, take my review with a grain of salt if you need: I only played this for five minutes and stopped when I knew where the real ending was: Hitting ESC, clicking Quit, and telling the game that I am sure I want to quit.

Feels like I won.

Think I'm going to UnRen this, see how good the graphics are beyond the cover image and the few previews included on the OP discussion post. Not going to affect my review though because most players are never going to see those graphics without having to grind through the sandbox first.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has avarage graphics and short gameplay. Could be much more improved. Most of all, there could be more characters and more scenes with them. There are few naughty scenes and a little sex scenes.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Meaning Less

The game is enjoyable, but has a few major issues.

First main issue is that it is not completed, the game has no ending you just keep grinding until you unlock everything and nothing happens, very unsatisfying...

Second issue is that the dev does a great job with teasing but a very poor job during actual sex, what's the point of sexy clothing if the character instantly strips naked right after? Also every scene is a forced blowjob basically, there is very little variation during sex.

Third issue is that it barely explores all characters, the dev should have focused on the mom and sister, he later added a few more characters that are underdeveloped and you never unlock scenes with, so why even bother?

It is a decent concept but it is also clear that this project was abandoned and the dev just slapped the completed tag, the story and character development was left incomplete in all fronts.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

ChaosGhost

sorry no animations version for free after this long time...
    and the sister photoshoot is locked out after unlocking all gallery with her she keeps saying "tommorow maybe" sucks
    no content at night with both sucks too
    just a cash grab from the dev i think nice chars but thats all atm
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Legal1709

After I finished it I guess I should rate it here:
    The best thing about the game is the really hot milf, she saves the game from being total shit.
    The animations are good but could be better and have better angles too.
    The game was totally rushed to finish and 3 girls doesn't have any sex scene besides bj and stuff sadly.
    The story makes no sense whatsoever and the lost memory thing sucked.
    Overall: 5/10 game with a really hot milf, nice characters and really bad (and rushed) plot.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

neithernor

Game that is heavily focused on the oral aspect.

pros:
    the strong point of this game its the graphics.
    it is well animated with hot models.
    UI is clear and easy to navigate, there is even a gallery!

cons:
    the main problem of this game is the content, its amount and how its distributed between the characters.
    it can be a unique thing but in this case the difference in distribution between the characters is just too big.
    there isn't real problem with the amount but again the distribution of it creates this feeling of "there is a lack of content".
    for example:
    -photo session mini-game - the concept is cool but lacking purpose, available to only 1 character and disappointing as its just vanilla photos with very hot outfits.
    -there are TECHNICALLY 3 penetraion scenes why technically? because 2 of them are basicly the same... oh right did I mention they are all with the same character?
    -only 1 character has interactive scenes outside the "story" and they based on a point based unlock system ( that is cool) BUT its only 2 scenes and again, only 1 character.

and finally the grinding - I wouldn't really call it a con as its really light and easy, but its is so pointless it makes you wonder why tis there in the first place.

basicly this game feels like a project that was made to test its creators skills.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Yaboiii699

Looks really nice overall but you finally get to be with her/sex and now she loses her memory and shit? That was so random and out of nowhere, feels like it was just put in there as a big "fuck you" to the players.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Arigon

The models look like they Could be amazing, but the dev needs to up their game.
    The dialogue is very poor. Even if written in another language and translated, the sentences are very poorly written.
    The story makes very little sense. MC is a perv, but then backs off his chances in the early game way too much. There are way too many games of this type for one to submit a poorly written one and expect actual success.
    I literally could not make it through AVN because it was grating on my nerves to read and to look at what should have been good renders. Sadly this is not the case. Based on the overall rating, I know I am not alone in this opinion.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

PhoenixRage23

Decent game but the backgrounds and characters look too flat. There doesn't really seem to be any depth during the different scenes (backgrounds) or when talking to other NPC's in the game. May try the game in another year if it's still being developed.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Chris_Prat

This game goes slow, I mean really slow so it seems there's any advance. At first view only, there's no context (feels like all of them live on a bubble) neither a gameplay; any situation than "I've looked where my aunt is or her daughter to interact (get laid yet is off limits)", that or doin' push-ups or read to collect points (has any sense collecting them for nothing yet?). Good renders on females (the blurred scenery doesn't count as good) wouldn't save this one.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Aelfan

just good maybe u must add more scene

the grapic review :
    - i think the quality is good more than i espect, but i just love the char of vicky, she is better than her mom, because i love more action for she,

the character review :
    -i think same like on my review top

the story review :
    - the story line just good, maybe u must added more for story, yeah i know this just the first, but maybe cn u added some more character :LOL:sorrry for much asking

But i think this game is just fine i can change the clothe of characther,,
    And if u add more update like char vicky is always wearing his clothe i will add more star
  12. 1.00 star(s)

facedown6

A waste of hard disk space in my opinion.
    Mindless clicking to gain some "karma", which you need to spend on interractions.

The game basically goes like this :
    click, click, click, click ....... spend karma ...... click, click, click, click

Little to zero story content.
    The few conversations are boring.

There are no choices to be made, no consequences to the way you play.

Not a game for me
  13. 4.00 star(s)

InfamousAone

The only reason i play this game is the milf model in it.It is in my top 3of all time what i have seen on this site.The updates are small,but every render that feautures the milf is a render worth downloading,the rest are not bad,but she is the 10/10.This developer needs uspport and i am giving it to him,i like the game for its simplicity to play and i hope it stays that way.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Keldar

[Based on Update 4]

Another pointless sandbox game with zero content.

All events cause -10 affection even if the Dialogue states that they enjoyed the situation they still "Hate" you because of the event forcing you to grind out meaningless one click interactions with the characters over multiple days.

The events themselves are boring voyeur events with very little in terms of story progression, NO SEX AT ALL, and few renders making the whole process pointless and beyond just a standard grind.

There is literally nothing to see here as there is no content and no game mechanics. You are literally stuck in a house for weeks doing one click interactions with no dialogue, with a single render, And that is if you are lucking the majority of rooms are empty so there is NOTHING to do.

The renders themselves are nothing special. They are not bad but in 2019 even great renders are nothing special. Today almost all games have good renders and decent visuals, so it really isn't a plus here.

A fap game with nothing to fap to is pretty much an automatic fail.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

macadam

another game from Slonique... Let's give it a try !

- similar photo-butchered blurry background as on others game from Slonique
    ( let's consider that a kind of style.. why not ? its not that ugly anyway.)

- still no backroll ... -_-

- you name still Alex.. but always "YOU" ... LMAO, come on. did Slonique know how to allow player to have a name and refer to it in dialogs ?

- Aunt live with others girls (daughters ?)

its basically an sandbox game as its extreme.
    you lurk around the house trying to figure where and when someone gonna spawn in all the room.
    add to that the grinding part of it with various stats.
    nothing different from all the others sandbox style game like this.

you pass 99% of time watching empty blurry rooms than characters.

of course, its timed with day/night and all.

at beginning, you supposed to have a dinner with aunt and all...well too bad i just looked around the house and night fall sooo, nope ! fail !
    nothing happened...

other day similar.. and the other one... and the other one.

- looking aunt doing yoga cost you 10 attitude ... the fuck !
    (no rollback remember ? soo its 10 points lost that i need to get back grinding again -_- )

how much points do you win ? no idea, its not mentionned in your room
    (sometime it is, like cleaning carpet give +2 attitude)...

you litteraly have 2 actions per day. ya better count them LOL