RPGM - Bones' Tales: Survivor Guilt [v0.03.1] [Dr Bones]

1. 1.00 star(s)

ding000

Don't hold your breath, his other game is already abandoned and this will follow suit. He was developing this in parallel with the other game and both got abysmal updates. Play this and think to yourself is this worth 4 years of development?

The only reason we get these"updates" , is to string along the remaining paying supporters. A real shame to be honest because underneath all the scummy business practices is a decent developer. To bad he doesn't have the ethics nor ambition to make any use of that.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

nitu23

v0.03.1
    Was gonna come review this favorably for an "early build" and then I realized that this thread has been up since 2019. Sooooo.... early build still but also really slow build?

Overall, the art is good and the presentation is nice. The story is exactly what you would expect from this sort of game. The bar mini-game is fun the first couple of times but get tedious really quickly.

As far as fetishes go, it's pretty run of the mill groping and harassment stuff and I don't think there's any actual penetrative sex (at least that the main character is conscious for) in the game yet. If you're expecting anything more than that, prepare for disappointment. There will be more some day, but who knows how far away that is.

The biggest thing I noticed was how glitchy the game is currently. This is concerning for such an early build because unless the dev takes some time to refactor, you can only expect this to get worse as more and more is added to the codebase. The map regularly flickers while walking around, and the game visibly hangs during the bar game whenever you interact with the items that change character's paper doll.

All in all, this game has my interest, but I'm not expecting it to pan out. I'll check back in a few builds, but given how long it has taken to get this far, that probably won't be for a few years.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

maxx mad

So, let's sump up the pros and cons:
    - First release in 2019 -- 2024 = V0.03.1
    - Another game developed in parallel
    - Of course, the other one is abandonned
    - What do you think will happen to this one?

The pros are obvious but obviously irrelevant due to the working speed and the extremely low chances of completion.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

PervectKakarot

First of all I want to make it clear that I have nothing against DR.Bones, after all I am a fan of his work..., however today I will be critical.
    I will give 4 stars
    Positive point
    As always, DR.Bones' art is very good and enjoyable to see, this last update was very good, adding a very interesting mini game not to mention the new interaction mechanics in the animation, compared to the other game this was very innovative and looks very promising.
    Negative point
    It's not even a surprise, the time,... it takes for an update to arrive is long and meaningless! The last update of this game was in 2021, and now we receive one in 2024, I think that Supporters need to seriously talk to the Developer about dates, 2 months to draw and another month to make the codes, it would be okay for him to release an update every 3 months.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Dudenator

Another Dr Bones production where he strings people along for years with nothing to show for it but abandoned grindfest games and empty promises.

This game is 4 years old for example and it's still got barely any content just an empty husk of what could have beens.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

lemaro

Abandoned so quickly with so little content lol, not sure why this has high rating average when the content available is quite poor too. Shame, as the art was great, but everything else, from the random errors/bugs, to the lack of h-scenes available, just doesn't do enough.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

AreYouSerious?

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of gameplay. How the fuck do I hit "skip prologue" and I'm instantly given 10 minutes of forced automatic prologue. What would be watch the prologue, 30 minutes? And then I was so bored, tried to save, surprise! Can't save right away. Bro... If this is your design decision right from the start, I'll pass.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Chorizoow

It will be an awesome game.
    at the time i rate it, the game is empty and there's so much work to do, but like "BT The manor" this one will fullfil all deep fantasies of a lot of people.
    i'am pretty excited about this one.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Misaki

Other then sexual stuff I love the art work and animations also the voice acting when the game begin. As this is 0.02 there are few issues like asset not found and flickering. so waiting for future update
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BlackFoxEv

The idea is good, even if it is abandoned. At this point I can say little about the game, except how uncomfortable it is that many conversations cannot be advanced or delayed, but hey ... It's an RPG.

Dr Osteo Bones is a great artist and has a lot of potential, as I have known him recently I don't know if he works with more people but he has my full support (And in a while, my money too) hehehe

The only request that I would make of any of your new games is that you dedicate part of the eroticism to infidelity or the female conflict about whether or not you should do something. I love that women want to do something but cannot for whatever reasons. Forbidden tastes doubly good ... Like a dog who is forbidden to eat a bone and still finds a way to ... you know.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

PhoenyxBird

Perversion must have a new face named Survivor Guilt... if this is just the demo, I am already addicted... ;) ... Way to go, Doctor Bones! I can't wait to know what is 'cumming' up with our heroine,,, Certainly your audience would appreciate any news about... you have been awfully silent, though the old saying says "Good news is when there are no news... bad news are known almost immediately!"
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

First off, I love the art work. It still feels like a standard RPG where you walk around as a sprite, but this game really goes the extra mile when making the set pieces and the characters look more detailed. Speaking of art, the drawer did a great job having so many beautiful scenes throughout the story. Like their is just one scene where the main protagonist is carried to the village yet this gets multiple images.

The scene with the Goblin got repetitive after the second talk so their is not much reason to talk to him after he hugs Nadya's bust.

For a suggestion, can you have repetitive sex scenes that the player has already seen be a different color to represent they are repeats? For example, with Oogly the goblin after you unlock both scenes with him?
  13. 5.00 star(s)

todoroki1

Oseo bones has mastered the art of boners and after The Manor, this looks incredibly promising and fun adventure. Loved it and can't wait for the updates. To start with, he took the best parts that we loved from the Manor (Lucille the waifu) and made a similar character in looks, albeit more busty but personality wise, she has the same naivety but is not stupid enough as the previous character to let anyone grope her etc. So I love that innovation, progress and character development both in a game and in Oseo Bones as a developer. He heard the community and learnt from his strengths and weaknesses and I adore the developer for that. Next the male characters already have so much personality and depth in them. There's the evil rich man/lord who'll definitely have coercion scenes and the good looking guard who the MC already kind of has a crush on and is more Vanilla. Point being, there's a great setup, lovely range of characters and a developer who listens and responds. Usually I'm more of a constructive critic kind of person but this game already has solid foundations and all I can really say is, keep going, really good game IF it's completed.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Jet_IDGAF

I am Honored to be witnessing the growth of this astounding RPGM game, with the quality of a UNITY game, both in Graphics and Story. People want to draw the comparison between this game and The Manor's story, but The Manor has been in development for a long time, and Survivor's Guilt is only in its infancy. Dr.Bones, I look forward the Bright Future of this game, and what it has to offer this great community.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Vordt

Versoin 0.01
    Off to an exciting start.

Artwork is GREAT for what it is supposed to do (stylized, flat-colored, somewhat comic book-esque).

The Animations so far are nice and tight(just like the MC... ba dum tsh?)

Setting
    seems well planned(too early to say 100%, doc might just be winging everything lol). It is a peaceful (not so)little village.

Usual fanfare of Characters so far (RPGM/Female protag fans will know what I am talking about)

No game breaking bugs or hidden mechanics(there are "hidden" events planned for the future from what I understand).

The in game explanations are on point for first time players.
    The exposition will NOT make you want to go on a rampage, YAY!!!

TL;DR : would recommend for fappy good times.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Naitogādian

It's a Bones game so you know its going to be decent. The Art work gets A+ of course. and I think the story is going to be interesting. Maybe it's just my perception but I think the art is better than manor. However, the story of manor is better overall in my opinion.