4.10 star(s) 165 Votes

fenix2d

Jan 28, 2018
how to unlock second option at night with martha? and third whatever that is with lucile when she goes investigate noise in basement?

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I just used one Key remapper I already had here and it worked just fine. Feeling stupid af.
Good stuff til now. The art is really nice.
Does it have a mobile port (official or not)? If not, such a shame that a nice game stays shackled to a limited engine like RPGM
Badly want to download it to android. Asap
Check this post. It's not an official (or unofficial port, for that matter) but an alternative way to play it on Android using an app. Everything you need is in the PDF. Please READ CAREFULLY.

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
I need some help again. Still can't get the game to launch correctly. I've downloaded & extracted the game 3 times each. I've downloaded, installed, & reinstalled the RGM VX ACE RTP thing 3 or 4 times. Game still won't launch. It opens as a black box then closes a few seconds later. What am I doing wrong?

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I need some help again. Still can't get the game to launch correctly. I've downloaded & extracted the game 3 times each. I've downloaded, installed, & reinstalled the RGM VX ACE RTP thing 3 or 4 times. Game still won't launch. It opens as a black box then closes a few seconds later. What am I doing wrong?
Are you extracting it into a folder that requires Admin. rights (as in C:/, D:/ or any other protected folder)? Sometimes even extracting to Desktop messes things up.

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
Are you extracting it into a folder that requires Admin. rights (as in C:/, D:/ or any other protected folder)? Sometimes even extracting to Desktop messes things up.
It's all at C:\Users\(My User)\Downloads\Patreon\[The Manor\BT The Manor 0.152

I installed RGM VX ACE RTP at the default location it gives when installing it. I was able to play a previous version 1.11 a long time ago but even that doesn't launch now, assumably since i reinstalled the RGM VX ACE RTP thing.

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
I think I cleared everything it has to offer for now. Really great stuff, looking forward for the next update.
...whenever it's coming...

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
It's all at C:\Users\(My User)\Downloads\Patreon\[The Manor\BT The Manor 0.152

I installed RGM VX ACE RTP at the default location it gives when installing it. I was able to play a previous version 1.11 a long time ago but even that doesn't launch now, assumably since i reinstalled the RGM VX ACE RTP thing.
That's super weird, honestly. Might have to do with a conflict of files or something due to the RTP installation. You mentioned you've installed, removed and reinstalled but so far no luck... Honestly I'm at a loss here, haven't encountered an issue that bad, especially since no previous versions have been broken either.

I still bet somewhere along the lines, the installation became faulty cause really that's the only thing I can think of right now... Do you by any chance have an antivirus running?

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
Shit man, I'm really out of ideas besides completely uninstalling the RTP, restart the PC and install it again.
I fully uninstalled RTP, restarted my computer, & when I reinstalled I tried changing the install location. Still nothing. This is getting ridiculous. I enjoyed it immensely when I played the older version & I really wanna play the new stuff but its getting to the same point of difficulty of trying to play an old DOS game on a win 10 computer

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I fully uninstalled RTP, restarted my computer, & when I reinstalled I tried changing the install location. Still nothing. This is getting ridiculous. I enjoyed it immensely when I played the older version & I really wanna play the new stuff but its getting to the same point of difficulty of trying to play an old DOS game on a win 10 computer
Yeah, it's practically retarded at this point. I was trying to remove possibilities but something on your machine's end is the issue. Do you have any other background processes running? I deactivated Defender since I made a fresh reinstall of Windows like 1 year and a half ago and really have had no issues whatsoever of any kind. I'm truly baffled at what could be the issue.

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, it's practically retarded at this point. I was trying to remove possibilities but something on your machine's end is the issue. Do you have any other background processes running? I deactivated Defender since I made a fresh reinstall of Windows like 1 year and a half ago and really have had no issues whatsoever of any kind. I'm truly baffled at what could be the issue.
Maybe I should try to whitelist the programs or something? Maybe that'd work?

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
looks like the game hasn't really gone anywhere in the last year since i last checked on it. i see some "re-works" but doesn't seem like much was changed. oh well, i'm supporting too many patreons as is.

D

Deleted member 2738

looks like the game hasn't really gone anywhere in the last year since i last checked on it. i see some "re-works" but doesn't seem like much was changed. oh well, i'm supporting too many patreons as is.
He worked on another project because if I recall correctly, Patreon fucked him over on this game and he can't profit from it.
He's only recently came back to working on this.

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
At this point, anything deserves a try haha
I've tried literally everything I can think of & nothing is working. I whitelisted it in Defender, didn't work. Turned off Defender, didn't work. I ran it in compatibility mode, nada. I tried just putting everything on the desktop, nothing.
From what I can tell, the only things running in the background are discord & steam & that wouldn't effect anything. So I am utterly lost on what to do. Bout to just give up & delete it all. No point in it taking up space if I can't play the damn thing.

4.10 star(s) 165 Votes