4.10 star(s) 167 Votes

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
So do you guys reckon we will have to start a new game "when" the new update comes out
Considering the amount of reworks that are being made, absolutely. Which is kinda why I asked earlier last week if people would be ok replaying the same scenes over and over again with different graphics

JJadams

May 25, 2017
Considering the amount of reworks that are being made, absolutely. Which is kinda why I asked earlier last week if people would be ok replaying the same scenes over and over again with different graphics
New graphics does not mean new coding. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to restart a new game, but I don't think we will have to

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
doc just said this on his discord :

Ok, can't make it for today... I'm actually seeing double right now. I need to rest. Good news is that I got like 4, 5 hours of work left to finish. tops... So I'm 95% sure tomorrow is the day.
Imma gonna go get some shut eye and come back to it tomorrow morning.
I need to know how he quantifies work though. I myself am terrible at coding and always seem to code in flashes of brilliance mirrored by a way longer staring contest between my screen(that can be days) and for some unknown I manage to follow my deadlines- though I'll say my work-time management is absolutely garbage since I usually end up skipping lunch/ eating it in front of my computer and most of the time these dates are either set by the supervisor or the client themselves.

If anyone has an idea how he does it, please lemme know. Also chances are 16.1 isn't coming today, no need to lose sleep over that

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
Well here I am again after a missed deadline writing a message about the missed deadline. I mean I know absolutely nothing about about computers or coding, but could someone who does fill me in with a realistic estimate on how long something like this SHOULD take?

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Well here I am again after a missed deadline writing a message about the missed deadline. I mean I know absolutely nothing about about computers or coding, but could someone who does fill me in with a realistic estimate on how long something like this SHOULD take?
Should read dead-lies, if you are religious god knows if you are not religious f**k nose

Suprizer

Mar 23, 2020
no one can tell how long it should take until we see whats new, what has changed. even in final preparations a little mistakes can take hours long to fix

Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
From experience, it depends on how much content I'm making for the month and what my workflow is. For art, I can animate about 3 scenes a month with a week left for coding (adding the scenes in and setting up events). Adding in new mechanics usually takes more time (a week or two). Writing scenes usually take a bit over a week. The testing phase ranges from a couple days to a week, depending on how many bugs there are to fix.

Judging from how much time this update is taking, I say Bones has a lot ready for everyone to play with. But then again, I'm only judging this based on my workflow.

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
From experience, it depends on how much content I'm making for the month and what my workflow is. For art, I can animate about 3 scenes a month with a week left for coding (adding the scenes in and setting up events). Adding in new mechanics usually takes more time (a week or two). Writing scenes usually take a bit over a week. The testing phase ranges from a couple days to a week, depending on how many bugs there are to fix.

Judging from how much time this update is taking, I say Bones has a lot ready for everyone to play with. But then again, I'm only judging this based on my workflow.
Does he draw the art as well as code? I mean with the months it has been, not sure if it is his full-time gig, but just comparing it to some other games it seems like people who are working on a game full time can really pump out something decent at least monthly. But again I have absolutely no idea how any of these things work so

4.10 star(s) 167 Votes