Breast Physics script for Daz Request

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Ok I'll stop then, you win.
Your comments were quite helpful, I was just never aware we were having a fight. You posted some quite useful comments and scripts. None of them were the one being requested in the OP (OP standing for opening post), but they were all on the correct general theme and topic in terms of what they sought out to do.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
All good man, I really loved the history, I knew it, so I thought we should be friends on the get go, but you were upset with me for some reason. and yeah. I played your game.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
All good man, I really loved the history, I knew it, so I thought we should be friends on the get go, but you were upset with me for some reason. and yeah. I played your game.
I think you might be confusing me with someone else? I've never released a game. Also... I did specifically thank you already. I wrote "Thanks I'll give it a try" in this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/breast-physics-script-for-daz-request.29356/#post-6072538

I then discussed something else, in case the original author of the thread ever came back, or anyone with his specific question. I wanted to cross post the link that has daz 4.10. The odds of anyone caring were low, but it seemed like the appropriate place to mention it.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I don't see how you are helping developers by targetting me. So lets just stop :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019
I have both the Breastjig script and the Dynamics one and I can't get either to work properly. The scripts run, but nothing really happens during the animation. The Breastjig script just makes the tits sag and stay in place. Annoying that physics are so damn primitive in Daz3d when MeshedVR made realtime physics for Virt-a-Mate :-S

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I have both the Breastjig script and the Dynamics one and I can't get either to work properly. The scripts run, but nothing really happens during the animation. The Breastjig script just makes the tits sag and stay in place. Annoying that physics are so damn primitive in Daz3d when MeshedVR made realtime physics for Virt-a-Mate :-S
I got both to work, although both were a bit underwhelming to me. One thing I did though to try and get the effect I wanted was to do like an animation of 30 seconds, first ten seconds has to points, start and translation left 200units next 20 seconds is right 400 units. camera moves in the EXACT same way (don't drag and drop write the translation in numbers). This results in the figure having a large amount of motion, motion you can control, while the image and animation appear to remain 100% perfectly still.

Although if you meant, "literally" nothing then try following the instruction tutorial more closely? (I assume you meant almost nothing, as in a subtle ripple).

VaM is still on genesis2 assets, so I'm waiting for VaM2 which should upgrade to genesis8, although a lot of artists are making VaM artwork that looks as good or better than genesis8 they are start with gen2 assets (I think).

Feb 23, 2019
I got both to work, although both were a bit underwhelming to me. One thing I did though to try and get the effect I wanted was to do like an animation of 30 seconds, first ten seconds has to points, start and translation left 200units next 20 seconds is right 400 units. camera moves in the EXACT same way (don't drag and drop write the translation in numbers). This results in the figure having a large amount of motion, motion you can control, while the image and animation appear to remain 100% perfectly still.

Although if you meant, "literally" nothing then try following the instruction tutorial more closely? (I assume you meant almost nothing, as in a subtle ripple).

VaM is still on genesis2 assets, so I'm waiting for VaM2 which should upgrade to genesis8, although a lot of artists are making VaM artwork that looks as good or better than genesis8 they are start with gen2 assets (I think).
Nothing happens for me, other than I see the script running on the pectoral bones with the dynamic one and only some breastsag with breastjig :-/ I'll try fiddling with it.

I am waiting for VaM 2.0 too, but the first release will be barebones :-/ and almost nothing from previous VaMs will work... we have discussed this at length on discord. If you look closely in VaM you can easily see the differences on the skin, but yeah they look hella good anyway :-D this is from VaM :p just look at those puppies jiggle and that's what I hoped those scripts would deliver... but oh well :p

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Nothing happens for me, other than I see the script running on the pectoral bones with the dynamic one and only some breastsag with breastjig :-/ I'll try fiddling with it.

I am waiting for VaM 2.0 too, but the first release will be barebones :-/ and almost nothing from previous VaMs will work... we have discussed this at length on discord. If you look closely in VaM you can easily see the differences on the skin, but yeah they look hella good anyway :-D this is from VaM :p just look at those puppies jiggle and that's what I hoped those scripts would deliver... but oh well :p
I think you probably need something like breastacular's added breast bones (or a custom created springbone perhaps) and hand keyframing to get results like that in daz3d.

Although, both breastjig from renderosity and dforce soft breast from daz3d do "work". So, if you're getting no result then you set it up wrong. You do for dforce soft breast need to I believe, apply, simulate, set softness, simulate, animate, simulate. Then for the breastjig one you need potentially to adjust the looseness and size settings to see it function. What you describe where the breasts will sag on frame one is something that will happen yes. If you don't finish all the steps. That happens at some midpoint I can't recall off the top of my head.

Which discord are you referring to? Also, if you wanted I'd offer to explain how to set them up more, but well really, they both create an effect that pales when compared to VaM's.

Feb 23, 2019
I think you probably need something like breastacular's added breast bones (or a custom created springbone perhaps) and hand keyframing to get results like that in daz3d.

Although, both breastjig from renderosity and dforce soft breast from daz3d do "work". So, if you're getting no result then you set it up wrong. You do for dforce soft breast need to I believe, apply, simulate, set softness, simulate, animate, simulate. Then for the breastjig one you need potentially to adjust the looseness and size settings to see it function. What you describe where the breasts will sag on frame one is something that will happen yes. If you don't finish all the steps. That happens at some midpoint I can't recall off the top of my head.

Which discord are you referring to? Also, if you wanted I'd offer to explain how to set them up more, but well really, they both create an effect that pales when compared to VaM's.
We have a closed discord for VaM where we share like we do here. The thing about the scripts are... it's supposed to be easy - if you need to tweak for ages to get it to work, what's the point in buying them? Doing things by hand in DAZ3d is a chore and if the scripts do not alleviate that; what's the point? It literally says "Potential Uses for Spring Dynamics
• Create soft-body effects by applying it to a figure’s body parts (eg. Pectorals)." and I perceive that as we shouldn't really have to sit there for hours on end to make something precise ^_^ anyway I just wanted to post my feedback before everyone and his uncle starts buying these things thinking its meant to be easy.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
We have a closed discord for VaM where we share like we do here. The thing about the scripts are... it's supposed to be easy - if you need to tweak for ages to get it to work, what's the point in buying them? Doing things by hand in DAZ3d is a chore and if the scripts do not alleviate that; what's the point? It literally says "Potential Uses for Spring Dynamics
• Create soft-body effects by applying it to a figure’s body parts (eg. Pectorals)." and I perceive that as we shouldn't really have to sit there for hours on end to make something precise ^_^ anyway I just wanted to post my feedback before everyone and his uncle starts buying these things thinking its meant to be easy.

Oh, I haven't tried the spring dynamics product, I thought you meant the dforce soft breast product! So, yeah, I have no idea how the spring dynamics one works (I saw a negative review about spring dynamics online a while back, wonder if it was you on another forum?)

You might actually like the dforce soft breast product, although given the example clip you showed me, you probably won't, as the dforce soft breast product is a lot more subtle.

This example is just dforce soft breast automatically generating breast motion, after I took the base figure and moved it literally side to side in a straight line (as I described above, like shaking a barbie doll side to side). IMO this sucks, and is way worse than what I see from VaM, but I will stress that I did nothing at all to try and fix the problem, or adjust it. I literally just spent like 5minutes following this tutorial to demonstrate to myself in the most basic way what it did.

ezgif-5-08e83f47936f.gif
View attachment quick.avi

I'll note that when I tried a small amount of motion in the figure the breast motion was too subtle, that's why I used the method I described above to crank the physical force way up to see what would happen. My conclusion mostly is that it wasn't really designed for gigantic breasts, although it's quite likely as a total novice I just suck at this. You can see though why I was confused by your claim of it doing "nothing". This effect is clearly not nothing, it is automatically generating breast motion from figure animations that include no breast motion. I just don't personally think it's that good at it (it could be my own fault though of course).

I don't really know much about making things specifically for VaM. My only VaM experience is playing it. I've been reluctant to learn how to make things for VaM because I'd have to re-learn things when VaM2 hit. It'd be really nice though if there was a way to export all these awesome VaM scripts to daz3d :( It seems a shame that there isn't.

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Oh, btw, in general, thinking about this again, I realized something, you said that a daz script did "nothing" other than sag the first frame... and I realized... if your result is nothing but a sagging first frame you might need to change this setting:

This:
any animation script in daz3d is gonna need this setting changed from this.png
needs to be this:
any animation script in daz3d is gonna need this setting changed to this.png

Otherwise you're telling daz only run my script on the current frame because I'm making a still image and this current frame is all that matters.

Sorry if everyone already knows this, but I figured it couldn't hurt to point it out.

Feb 23, 2019
Oh, btw, in general, thinking about this again, I realized something, you said that a daz script did "nothing" other than sag the first frame... and I realized... if your result is nothing but a sagging first frame you might need to change this setting:

This:
View attachment 1288341
needs to be this:
View attachment 1288342

Otherwise you're telling daz only run my script on the current frame because I'm making a still image and this current frame is all that matters.

Sorry if everyone already knows this, but I figured it couldn't hurt to point it out.
I did not no! :-D Will try it later. No I did not leave a negative review anywhere. Just tried it yesterday... I have made a forum post about it though. Will report back if anything pops up! Funny that it doesn't say anything about the simulation setting in the pdf-file though ; if it matters in regards to the script O_O

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Here's a more "sane" example. Take base figure, add dforce soft breast to it. Load stock walking animation. Simulate. (which adds the dforce script animations automatically). Render. Get this:

View attachment walkplusscript.avi

Oh and then for comparison below is the stock walking animation in question, without the dforce effect automatically adding breast motion. Thing is... this feels WAY too subtle to me (yes there is a small difference). Hence my prior example that's just an invisible giant shaking a barbie doll violently.

View attachment walkwithoutbreastscript.avi

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Then here is the renderosity breastjig script applied to the same stock walk as above (but I threw away my figure and made a new one hastily just dialing up some random giant breasts).

ezgif-2-c1da323732c2.gif
View attachment walkingbreastjigfromrenderosity.avi

(Yes I'm aware this is a longer clip, I obviously chose a different stock walk this time, but since I'm just showcasing some extremely amateur usage of some popular and well known breast scripts, who really cares :p )

note: I don't really mean to imply that this renderosity script is in anyway "better". Both scripts have settings, and I just picked what seemed like a random default number in each. In reality though I may have had this one cranked to 200% and the other one set to 50%. I'm a novice and the instructions slash settings in both are quite confusing. I will state though, again, I didn't do any of these breast motions, they were in both examples using these two different scripts automatically generated. dforce one by running a simulate button press, and breastjig using it's own custom pane that has a start button on it which does something similar but different.

note2: I'm not sure if the setting I mentioned effects spring dynamics, but it is required for animating anything using any of the other dforce materials/scripts/assets. Spring Dynmics has it's own interface so whatever was not working about it could be unrelated to the simulate settings.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019
Then here is the renderosity breastjig script applied to the same stock walk as above (but I threw away my figure and made a new one hastily just dialing up some random giant breasts).

View attachment 1288390
View attachment 1288389

(Yes I'm aware this is a longer clip, I obviously chose a different stock walk this time, but since I'm just showcasing some extremely amateur usage of some popular and well known breast scripts, who really cares :p )

note: I don't really mean to imply that this renderosity script is in anyway "better". Both scripts have settings, and I just picked what seemed like a random default number in each. In reality though I may have had this one cranked to 200% and the other one set to 50%. I'm a novice and the instructions slash settings in both are quite confusing. I will state though, again, I didn't do any of these breast motions, they were in both examples using these two different scripts automatically generated. dforce one by running a simulate button press, and breastjig using it's own custom pane that has a start button on it which does something similar but different.

note2: I'm not sure if the setting I mentioned effects spring dynamics, but it is required for animating anything using any of the other dforce materials/scripts/assets. Spring Dynmics has it's own interface so whatever was not working about it could be unrelated to the simulate settings.
Okay I found out how to atleast get the Dynamics script to work and it was, as always, a simple task - but one that I was not aware of. The script cannot read an aniblock and I therefore have to convert it to keyframes... this video was JUST released and I was made aware of it through the DAZ forum where I posted a discussion: :-D now I've got jumping tiddies... doesn't look that realistic, like you said, but atleast its there :-D Posted a testvideo here - https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/page-502#post-6147762 looks off but I havent tampered with it at all just ran the script.

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Yeah, well at least it "works". The perfect synchronization makes it look extremely fake, BUT that's probably because the tool is meant for someone with some expertise to precisely calibration/augment/adjust/time themselves? Which I personally don't have the skills for.