HTML - Bride of a Dead God [v0.4.2] [Summoning Circle]

1. 5.00 star(s)

TrueSandbox

It's a story with some choices, fantastic writing and art, and a very simple system. It feels like a game/CYOA that knows what it wants to be and does it very well.

Definitely looking forward to future updates and seeing existing characters fleshed out more or brought back again.

Pros:
    • Excellent writing.
      • The characters are unique and compelling, with dialogue that oozes personality.
      • Few to no typos.
      • Definitely not your average cliche fantasy.
    • Creatively sexy scenarios and plot twists.
      • Fairly vanilla kinks and scenarios, yet dressed well enough to still be sexy and engaging. I've read my fair share of smut, but I was still continually surprised by the quality of writing here.
    • No grind. Very straightforward gameplay, just choose from 4 stats to improve, and make other choices sometimes.
    • Beautiful (AI) art
      • Pretty consistent characters, or at least I didn't notice anything off
      • Didn't notice any bad anatomy
      • Fair amount of pictures for important/sex scenes
    Cons
    • D20-based RNG system
      • Not a fan of random-chance skillchecks, but D&D fans likely won't mind. It's not hard to cheat anyway *cough*...
    • Not much content at time of posting (v0.4.2)
      • Probably a few to several hours of playtime for one playthrough (and idk how much replayability there is)
      • Around 4 or 5 sex scenes til end of content? Though to be fair, each one was well-written and distinct.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Yldrax

Interesting premise, really, really great writing - honestly the best I have ever seen so far in this kind of game.
    I was definitely sceptical about the ai art but so far the art has been consistent and of good enough quality to enhance the experience
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6717757

Bride of a Dead God v0.4.1 – I came for the smut, I stayed for the plot.

Let's start with the narrative, which is fantastic. The characters are engaging, the storyline and lore are captivating, the "smut" has just the right amount of kinkiness, and the pacing is perfect. So far, there have been no typos or grammatical errors.

Let's get into the visuals now. When compared to previous updates, the visual quality of the images has improved significantly - keep in mind that the image quality was already excellent from the start. When it comes to image count, this update is spot on.

About the smut: The scenes are extremely well written and descriptive. All of them are "Vanilla" with varying power dynamics, such as in Bianca's scene. The most recent updates introduced "Monster Girls" such as Mariko (Catgirl) and Melusine (Demon/Nymph). Expect a lot of creampies.

In conclusion, excellent narrative, visuals, and smut – 5/5. A promising new addition.

Très bien.

Bianca is the best girl.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

badass

Writing is good, exciting plot and story. I have no problem with AI generated images as long as it is consistent and polished (the girls looks great btw). I feel like a little more images here and there can help to enhance the experience and understanding of the enviroment ,although I know this is a text based game :p
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Shuchetan

CYOA is a great genre in itself.

Making one is like making an Epic tale of wonder and bewilderment in and of itself.

Any RPG lover would love this type of immersion.

And among all I've played, THIS IS ONE OF THE MASTERPIECES IN CONSTRUCTION. CUDOS. KEEP IT UP SC.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

scrooloose123

Once again, written word is proven to be an amazing aphrodisiac . I genuinely forgot I was playing a game!

The writing is mind-blowing, the characters are truly alive and I was so in sync with the protagonist ("MC" sounds like a cheap insult for this specific piece of media), that I didn't even realize he had no name until the prompt came up after the prologue!

Please take your time, keep going and keep delivering this once in a lifetime story, while building up the lore and the world it takes place in! Congratulations!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BadToBone

Great writing, Great use of Ai. Didn't expect it to be this good. Definitely worth a read. Couldn't find any typos or major grammatical errors. The writing is fun and easy to read. The story seems like vanilla fantasy for now but I'm fine with that. Looking forward to future updates.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

slykoru

Good writing, fine use of AI art though having to click each image takes one out of the moment, will bump up to 5 with the release of more content

As of right now, the choices you make don't really matter, but the story itself is enjoyable, so I don't especially care

All the teasing with the cute knight girl is cruel though
  9. 4.00 star(s)

shioxu

Writing is pretty good, and I have no problem with AI art so long as it's consistent.

Minor cons: pictures often hidded behind a separate click, why not just embed them in the text. On the other hand, at one point whole page was just one picture, and it took me a bit to figure out that I was supposed to click it, and it wasn't just the end of demo right there.

All in all, when it was over I was aching for more.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

AlBetGam

(0.2.0)

Off to an excellent start. This is how AI art should be deployed- to make the art side of game creation more accessible for creators who already have excellent writing ready to go. And the writing here really is excellent; well-paced and descriptive without slipping into excessive purple prose or textwallery. I'd enjoy it even without images, but the images that are here are both well-done (a couple anatomical oddities, but not enough to be repulsive or majorly distracting) and well-selected to be the icing on the cake of the scenes they're in. Looking forward to more!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

coledrmd

An enjoyable story line of good quality. Now it just needs a lot more content. If the rest of the game stays as enjoyable it'll probably be worth 5 stars. For now though it just doesn't have enough to justify anything over 4.