AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Don't really know if you called my idea of approaching the so-called love path stupid, or not but oh well :D
No. Your approach is actually more realistic because both paths have Bright's influence as starting point.

What I consider stupid is what many other "taboo" games do, by having all "house tenants" suddenly wanting to fuck each other for no apparent reason.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
i recommend you download joiplay from the store so you could play renpy games without an android port it works.

i guess you're right but its working for other devs with 'cest games.

the say our game has no incest on patreon and they put a tag here so idk how it actually works .
well typically the threads are not usually controlled by said devs directly. (usually an uploader), so there is no direct connection to the dev. And well I wouldn't put it past patreon to check here.... they be nazi-like. or modern brutish gov when it comes to butterknives XD

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Can someone with the random errors post some crash logs?
I'm curious what's going on here.
The script is pretty straight forward with nothing fancy going on. There really shouldn't be any problems.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Can someone with the random errors post some crash logs?
I'm curious what's going on here.
The script is pretty straight forward with nothing fancy going on. There really shouldn't be any problems.
I think it could be because my files got corrupted and had to redownload the game and make a new renpy game and the save files are different a bit. Deleting save files from appdata/roaming/renpybrightlord should fix the problem

sadsad.png

Last edited:

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
I think it could be because my files got corrupted and had to redownload the game and make a new renpy game and the save files are different a bit. Deleting save files from appdata/roaming/renpybrightlord should fix the problem

View attachment 1100685
When does this happen? Right at save load or just randomly in game?

If it's the latter, then these don't look like errors in your script, but the compiled down versions of it (*.rpyc)
Did you perhaps write the original game in RenPy version < 7.4 and then just copy over the .rpyc files into the new one?
RenPy version 7.4 updated some core libraries and if the rpyc file have been compiled against the old libraries you could run into errors like these.
If you delete all the .rpyc files and let the game recompile them from the .rpy files, does this error still happen?

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
Bright Lord Gallery/Bonus unlocker+other features[v0.4b]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey man, would you mind fix the mod as when I open the gallery - replay scenes, likes lots of error pop-up. It is not happening when I played from the new save!

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
When does this happen? Right at save load or just randomly in game?

If it's the latter, then these don't look like errors in your script, but the compiled down versions of it (*.rpyc)
Did you perhaps write the original game in RenPy version < 7.4 and then just copy over the .rpyc files into the new one?
RenPy version 7.4 updated some core libraries and if the rpyc file have been compiled against the old libraries you could run into errors like these.
If you delete all the .rpyc files and let the game recompile them from the .rpy files, does this error still happen?
I ran to some of these errors too but the coder told me to delete all the rpyc files so I did.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Hi i have a question the game clearly is an incest game so why not put incest in the tags so the huge fanbase of the genre can know about the game ?

thanks guys :)
Gotta play within the rules or get booted off the platforms. This way you.us as the player chooses how we play the game after its released and the decision lies with the player not the creator and so the revenue stream from our awesome backers aren't harmed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

Deleted member 1929328

Donor
Jan 9, 2020
More like an XBox controller I have for my PC. I normally use that so I could just lean back in my chair and relax while playing these games.
Same here first game ever cant use controller, using steam controller companion or xpadder just get errors then crash
works fine if using mouse tho. game visually looks good so would be a good idea to make controller friendly
for the big screen gamer grugs.

Last edited:

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Same here first game ever cant use controller, using steam controller companion or xpadder just get errors then crash
works fine if using mouse tho. game visually looks good so would good idea to make controller friendly
for the big screen gamer grugs.
I have to talk with my coder about it cuz i don't have any idea wtf is wrong with it :D

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
it is but i think the dev is too shy to admit it Lol

its the kind of game that lets you choose what to call "land lady" and the "room mates" not the kind that needs a patch. even though i'd prefer a patch
Having the player decide what the relationship is gives the player control over the game within story limitations though.

I find writing the story better without having to worry about it getting patched when you can just change the relationship as a player in-game.
Same with some games where you can choose the individual characters, however I think it gets a bit too much when you are asked to name each character whenever they appear throughout the game.
However, in Bright Lord the dev has limited name change with just the MC.
I personally prefer being able to name all main characters right from the start,

Also, this not having the cest tag stays within patreon rules and that helps keep us working on the game.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Planned: Threesome, Foursome, Lesbian

I have nothing against lesbians, i even like it when its a female MC, but when you see it in every game it gets old, every dev think they need to add it to keep it interesting while you can keep it interesting without it in multiple ways.

Usually, not saying it'll happen here, you play the game since 0.1 and then on 0.5 or wathever devs add a lesbian character that takes over and run everything, MC just become a puppy between pussies.
Let's see where the story goes. There are enough games on here to cater to everyone's likes or dislikes.
We are telling our own story the way we think works within the realm of the characters character with trying to making the behaviour and interactions as realistic as possible as you will see with how the MC behaved in 0.4.

I just wish games wouldn't be so ridiculous/obvious with the whole "land lady" thing. Like, when the "default" state of the game has your land lady come into your room and demand that you get a job or else your land lord will send you to military school. What the fuck sort of lease do I have with these people!?
This is due to patreon rules where our financial backers help us keep working on the game. Which has been answered by others but, I thought we shoulf make it clear so there is no more confusion.

do these mean that if I download this version, it'll have those changed names, or has it become incompatible?
I had to rename on Mac, not sure if its the same on others.

good game I like the story and of course the animation is always appreciated and the beautiful girls keep going I want to know more about how the story continues
That's pretty much what credit card companies are doing. Although I wonder who put the pressure on the credit card companies?:unsure:
MILF :)
Harem :giggle:
One dick game/No NTR :love::love:
Now game like these needs a couple of V's hope you'll add them.
What are "V's"?

So from what I am getting the game will have to paths, one where the girls genuinely fall in love with the mc and other path where he basically controls them.

I try to compensate for the corruption path being longer by making exclusive scenes for players that gathered love points. And still, the corruption part will be 2 episodes longer than the love path. Don't want to overstay here with the same project for over 2 years. I want to make a better game in the future, but it scares me when a simple slide show game can have bugs... I don't know what to expect for more complex games i will try to make
The longer a dev tries to keep a story going the longer it takes as you have to come up with more ideas, that somethings can take up a very long time with make it all work to keep players interested, and this can mean there are long breaks without releases.
As a writer, sometimes it takes over a month fore me to just come up with the right outline for a story, so, thinking about a monthly release puts a lot of pressure on not only the creative process but, releasing on time.
What I find unusual is game updates that go on for months without release by the players are espected to carry on supporting the dev on an unfinished game.
As a co-writer, I want to make sure that Bright Lord is completed within a reasonable allotted time and not left unfinished while we go and work on some other project, which are already have plans for, but will make sure this one is completed first.

No. Your approach is actually more realistic because both paths have Bright's influence as starting point.

What I consider stupid is what many other "taboo" games do, by having all "house tenants" suddenly wanting to fuck each other for no apparent reason.
Thank you.
Both of us are trying for a more realistic interaction between all characters, while still allowing for the players to make decisions within the story, so the player is still in control and has a better experience as the story unfolds.

There are other games available that are more fast paced with sexual content popping up every couple couples, I play them as well, so the players who think that every game should for like every other game don't understand the creative process of trying to tell a story, or are so use to formulaic dross that when they see something different it upsets them.

We are telling something we want as creatives and as much as we want to put in titillation in each release, there is going to be emotional realistic content to a point as well to keep players interested in our MC and his unit.

amazing game! wow. love the story and design. will be contributing to patreon!
THANK YOU!

PS, sorry I forgot to multi quote responses with early post response.

Just want to let you guys know that KissKiss Studios has a discord where we discuss everything that has been discussed here and we keep everyone that is on our patreon has access to it.
I want to give a huge shout out to everyone who is or has come to support us from here on patreon. Its very much appreciated. It does take a lot of time to put out a release within a reasonable time frame and we both work hard on each release. Last unfinished leak was a bit tough and I thought the response would be damaging but, we had good support from our backers and they stick with us.

Now its back to the grind now that I have been sent the 0.5 release script outline. Talk about no rest for the wicked. Don't forget to toss a coin our way.

Reactions: DA22

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
So far the game seems pretty good. Renders are really well done and models are hot. I just am not a fan of the whole "choose your relationship" thing as the descriptors never work out right. No one calls each other landlord or tenant and even putting in step-whatever doesn't sound right either. I was a step kid and I never called my step-dad "Step Dad"; it was either just Dad or his name. But... whatever... small nit.

Looking forward to seeing where this game goes.

3.90 star(s) 87 Votes