Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Is there a list of planned fetishes or anything like that? I don't want to sound like a dick, but I really don't want to get invested in a game, only to later find out that it's something I'm not interested in.
Is going to have anal, vaginal (Fondle and intercourse) and oral interactions, in an interactive way by clicking on her body. Also other interactions for the girls like tribadism and double dildo.

Idk about specific fetishes, but lets say that you can do or choose not to do interactions and that would have an impact, like choosing not having sex with Evangeline, performing oral or anal only, and dependending on those interactions and the intensity of those the dialogues are going to change, for good or bad, but without force the player to do something specific.

I can't say more about it because I want to talk about this with our Patreons more (Even if we ha just 3) and show them more details, but that can give you an idea about it~

B1P0L4RB34R

Sep 7, 2018
I can't seem to get the language setting in the options menu to actually do anything, both options result in Spanish text. Is this a known problem or possibly just something that went wrong with my download?

Edit: It now seems inconsistent. Dialogue seems to be in English but the rest of the text is still in Spanish.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMalandrao

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
I can't seem to get the language setting in the options menu to actually do anything, both options result in Spanish text. Is this a known problem or possibly just something that went wrong with my download?

Edit: It now seems inconsistent. Dialogue seems to be in English but the rest of the text is still in Spanish.
Ok, I found what is the problem, I'm going to work on that right now.

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020

Here is a hotfix for the untranslated part. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Place these files on the path: \B&L-0.1.3.1-pc\game\tl\English, overwritting the existing files.

Edit: Another error was found again... the hotfix has been update.

Last edited:

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Maybe not but romance based date sims tend to be quite tame on the sex.

Given the characters and the way they act I highly doubt any freaky shit is on the cards.
I mean, is truth, like some people had told me to add pregnancy, in this game, on this scenario would screw the life of the MC and Evangeline (But I don't discard that for a fast-forwad ending or something like that.) is more like find a middle ground where the the content can please the people without interfiering with the setting, or at least I try to do that...

But nevertheless, I kinda understand why people worry so much about it, sometimes the devs put a NTR, creepy or over-the-top ending in order to had a twist ending.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Here is a hotfix for the untranslated part. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Place these files on the path: \B&L-0.1.3.1-pc\game\tl\English, overwritting the existing files.
Started new game since the old save crashed with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then got a color error

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Started new game since the old save crashed with

Then got a color error
Fixed, the coment with the fix before was updated for the new fix.
The problem, again, was the translation... apparently, our Patrons play on spanish, our programer, artist and betatester also play enterally on spanish, so, is really hard to find error with the translation... In some days, we are going to release the translation files to leave the comunity translate the game and update the translation. For now, we don't have enough money to pay a translator, neither the game is finished to have a translation without changing previous dialogues.

Ps: I'm sorry about the previous save game, so many variables has been add to the game, so, is not compatible.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fixed, the coment with the fix before was updated for the new fix.
The problem, again, was the translation... apparently, our Patrons play on spanish, our programer, artist and betatester also play enterally on spanish, so, is really hard to find error with the translation... In some days, we are going to release the translation files to leave the comunity translate the game and update the translation. For now, we don't have enough money to pay a translator, neither the game is finished to have a translation without changing previous dialogues.

Ps: I'm sorry about the previous save game, so many variables has been add to the game, so, is not compatible.
No need to apologize though I'm probably going to whine some more :p

name_of_the_day Translation

This will display the Day in both English and Spanish

Edit: Kinda curious since Spanish is default why doesn't the Preferences change to Spanish?
Note: Don't speak Spanish myself but I seen other projects toggle the language and used it as a reference.

Character Names

Extra Fan Signature
2020-B&L-Fan.gif

Last edited:

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
No need to apologize though I'm probably going to whine some more :p

name_of_the_day Translation

This will display the Day in both English and Spanish

Edit: Kinda curious since Spanish is default why doesn't the Preferences change to Spanish?
Note: Don't speak Spanish myself but I seen other projects toggle the language and used it as a reference.

Character Names

Extra Fan Signature
View attachment 923721

1- Thanks for the tips about the translation, I'm going to work with that.

2- I leave the menus on english because on latam we have a lot of game with the menus untranslated, but translating the menus sounds like a good idea~

3- Thanks for the fan signature~, Idk if I'm asking much about it, because you already make one, but another with the headpat scene would be really cute~ (Probably my favorite sprite in the entire game.) I don't think about make signatures before, maybe one of these days I make more~

4- I know about Evangeline legs on that scene, I don't change anything because Sack, our artist, is working on improve the sprites, so, the second december update probably is going to be fixed.

Thanks for everything, we really appreciate your sugestions~

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
1- Thanks for the tips about the translation, I'm going to work with that.
Yey

2- I leave the menus on english because on latam we have a lot of game with the menus untranslated, but translating the menus sounds like a good idea~
Ok, but attached in the previous post is the English Spanish translation for the menus. Saves you some work if you change your mind.

3- Thanks for the fan signature~, Idk if I'm asking much about it, because you already make one, but another with the headpat scene would be really cute~ (Probably my favorite sprite in the entire game.) I don't think about make signatures before, maybe one of these days I make more~
More Fan Signatures

2020-B&L-Headpats-Fan.gif

2020-B&L-Hugs-Fan.gif

4- I know about Evangeline legs on that scene, I don't change anything because Sack, our artist, is working on improve the sprites, so, the second december update probably is going to be fixed.

Thanks for everything, we really appreciate your sugestions~
No problem :D

jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
The game keeps changing pronouns when refering to Evangeline.

Did I miss something? What gender is she supposed to be?

Not that I mind one way or the other, just dislike the switching.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018

I'm guessing some of it was machine translated and for google translate their motto is "when in doubt, whip your dick out" with handling Spanish as if the gender pronoun is ambiguous then it defaults to male.
Winds of the Destiny suffers from the same problem.

From context and appearance I would say Evangeline is a woman.

translate.yandex.com sometimes handles Spanish to English better. Though I've seen both fail horribly on some things...

An example would be

Original Spanish
Así es, [evan] me gusta, y hay muchas razones para ello, pero eso no tiene nada que ver con lo que le hiciste.

This looks like Google Translate
That's right, [evan] I like him, and there are many reasons for it, but that has nothing to do with what you did to him.

Probably a more Accurate Translation (Note: I don't speak Spanish so this is just polished up)
That's right, I like [evan], and there are many reasons for it, but that has nothing to do with what you did to her.

Last edited:

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020

Not that I mind one way or the other, just dislike the switching.
As masterdragonson mention, in spanish the pronouns are more specific and sometimes more vague to refer somone gender, yes, Evangeline is a girl, the game in spanish make that clear but the MTL mess up that.

I'm guessing some of it was machine translated and for google translate their motto is "when in doubt, whip your dick out" with handling Spanish as if the gender pronoun is ambiguous then it defaults to male.
Winds of the Destiny suffers from the same problem.

From context and appearance I would say Evangeline is a woman.

translate.yandex.com sometimes handles Spanish to English better. Though I've seen both fail horribly on some things...

An example would be

Original Spanish
Así es, [evan] me gusta, y hay muchas razones para ello, pero eso no tiene nada que ver con lo que le hiciste.

This looks like Google Translate
That's right, [evan] I like him, and there are many reasons for it, but that has nothing to do with what you did to him.

Probably a more Accurate Translation (Note: I don't speak Spanish so this is just polished up)
That's right, I like [evan], and there are many reasons for it, but that has nothing to do with what you did to her.
Oh, maybe I can try use Yandex next, but I'm going to release the translation files anyway~

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Oh, maybe I can try use Yandex next, but I'm going to release the translation files anyway~
As I was going through the translation script.rpy I noticed you translated all the reference lines... Why? It's additional work to translate commented out lines and it makes it harder to compare the English translation against the original Spanish.

Since I'm lazy and don't like looking up phases in the original script.rpy I took the time to restore those references.

Example
Code:
# game/script.rpy:818
translate English movement_institute_to_central_park_17c07846:

# "Desde el campus, caminas una calle hasta llegar al parque."
    "From campus, you walk down a street to the park."
Edit: Restored evan_events.rpy reference lines.
Edit 2: Restored evan_interactions.rpy reference lines.
Edit 3: Restored evan_interactions_sandbox.rpy reference lines.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 17 Votes