balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Out of curiosity I went back to a save from before meeting up with Hana. You can do the minotaur quest first and when you're finished you can tour the academy with her. If you visit after recruiting Hana she doesn't go for this idea.

So I guess it's not either/or with class characters, they're all meant to be temporary, but with Azar at least there's more opportunity for affection points if you do the minotaur quest first.

though with Hana I got the impression that she wasn't much to look at before Mother remade her and the hostility towards most other women (and her vanity) stem from the 'late bloomer' mentality. Since she's supposed to be 15 or so I kinda doubt she was so hankering to be a mother that she takes it out on others through cattiness.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Out of curiosity I went back to a save from before meeting up with Hana. You can do the minotaur quest first and when you're finished you can tour the academy with her. If you visit after recruiting Hana she doesn't go for this idea.

So I guess it's not either/or with class characters, they're all meant to be temporary, but with Azar at least there's more opportunity for affection points if you do the minotaur quest first.

though with Hana I got the impression that she wasn't much to look at before Mother remade her and the hostility towards most other women (and her vanity) stem from the 'late bloomer' mentality. Since she's supposed to be 15 or so I kinda doubt she was so hankering to be a mother that she takes it out on others through cattiness.
Actually this is a first for me. I remember killing N'Gombe in an earlier version and still having the tour with Azar afterwards, i don't remember if i had Hana on the team or not. I figured that you would still have the tour since you don't have Hana tailing you while you are inside the academy and you didn't lose any points for having Hana on the team to fight N'Gombe (they don't really interact with each other upon meeting, kinda creppy). And i managed to get most if not all relationship points with Azar during the minotaur dungeon too.
Now this got me curious Rutsah, is this about right? There's no tour if Hana is in the team before fighting N'Gombe?

And about Hana, i'm trying to find points for her behaviour because she can act pretty sweet and caring with other people (there's Kaliska for example and some other dialogues with minor NPCs that shows this). But of course, everything could just boil down to Hana being bitchy, and she IS a major bitch sometimes.

Last edited:

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Rutsah I found what i believe is a bug in Melissa's interactions in the cave:
After you uncover Melissa's true nature and choose to not fight her, there's a dialogue saying that she drained some paint inside her and turned to look at you and after that there's nothing. She don't say anything, you can't interact with her, she just keeps looking at you. Maybe that's how it should be, but i'm not sure.

Also, if you do choose to fight her, after you leave the cave her father will immediatelly know that you 'killed' her even if there should be no way for him to know. Maybe a minor dialogue of him asking and you saying that you killed her should be added, just so it feels more natural.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
If you go to the academy with Hana she's teasing and flirting right next to where Azar's standing. If you ask her to show Chia-Jung around or join him she basically rolls her eyes at Hana and says that she doesn't think they would get along. Though maybe the tour's tied to affection? I did find a couple more events during my second run at the dungeon. In that case you have to be careful to raise it enough during the quest.

Hana probably gets along with Kaliska but not Azar because Kaliska defers to her so much. During their interactions she was kinda treating her like a pet, praising or scolding her as she saw fit and bossing her around - not in a mean way, but it gave off the impression that she doesn't consider them to be equals. With women she feels threatened by (or who challenge her) she's much more hostile or snarky.

Plus she talks a lot of talk but there have been a number of scenes that suggest she's not very experienced with men. Her big move in what I guess is her first sex scene in Dragontooth is to masturbate next to Chia-Jung and hope he does something about it lol. Very pushy guys tend to fluster her bluster, too. That along with her acting so insecure when she doesn't get constant praise suggest to me that she went unseen as an ugly duckling for most of her life. She's practical and is learning to turn it to her advantage and pleasure but you can see the cracks when she gets unreasonably upset over her looks failing to do the work of seduction for her - or when some other woman uses charms she hasn't learned to pull attention away from her.

Like if you take Chia-Jung to the prostitute in the sewer bar. She's not a prude so it's not like she'd come down on him for having needs; it's a "what does -she- have that I don't?!" sort of reaction.

Last edited:

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Plus she talks a lot of talk but there have been a number of scenes that suggest she's not very experienced with men. Her big move in what I guess is her first sex scene in Dragontooth is to masturbate next to Chia-Jung and hope he does something about it lol. Very pushy guys tend to fluster her bluster, too. That along with her acting so insecure when she doesn't get constant praise suggest to me that she went unseen as an ugly duckling for most of her life. She's practical and is learning to turn it to her advantage and pleasure but you can see the cracks when she gets unreasonably upset over her looks failing to do the work of seduction for her - or when some other woman uses charms she hasn't learned to pull attention away from her.
You got a few of these wrong about why she acts in certain ways towards certain people, but for the most part, spot on. Glad to see people finally talking about their personalities, been working a lot on them.

Actually this is a first for me. I remember killing N'Gombe in an earlier version and still having the tour with Azar afterwards, i don't remember if i had Hana on the team or not. I figured that you would still have the tour since you don't have Hana tailing you while you are inside the academy and you didn't lose any points for having Hana on the team to fight N'Gombe (they don't really interact with each other upon meeting, kinda creppy). And i managed to get most if not all relationship points with Azar during the minotaur dungeon too.
Now this got me curious Rutsah, is this about right? There's no tour if Hana is in the team before fighting N'Gombe?

And about Hana, i'm trying to find points for her behaviour because she can act pretty sweet and caring with other people (there's Kaliska for example and some other dialogues with minor NPCs that shows this). But of course, everything could just boil down to Hana being bitchy, and she IS a major bitch sometimes.
Regarding the tour, the answer is actually more embarassing than I'd like. Once Hana is recruited, I basically turn off the follower animations while the player is in the academy. When the player asks Azar for a tour, I turn them back on. Once Hana is recruited, that would make both Azar and Hana follow the player around the academy, and working around this would be a bit too complicated (though I can probably pull it off, just not something I will focus on atm). So I've set it up so once Hana is recruited, the tours end. Whether you had Hana with you in the caves is unrelated.

Kaliska is the only girl Hana doesn't have a problem with. Things will become clearer later on (or alternatively you can take Khevira's perk in this version and see some extra thoughts by the sorceress regarding the girls). One of the DLC's missions (Girls' Night Out) will be featuring them exclusively, and shed some more light to her character. Even without these though, I think there are plenty of hints already in the game (though most are pretty subtle).

She will also not be antagonizing Xia (though she will still judge the player for trying to romance her).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DoisacChopper

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Regarding the tour, the answer is actually more embarassing than I'd like. Once Hana is recruited, I basically turn off the follower animations while the player is in the academy. When the player asks Azar for a tour, I turn them back on. Once Hana is recruited, that would make both Azar and Hana follow the player around the academy, and working around this would be a bit too complicated (though I can probably pull it off, just not something I will focus on atm). So I've set it up so once Hana is recruited, the tours end. Whether you had Hana with you in the caves is unrelated.

Kaliska is the only girl Hana doesn't have a problem with. Things will become clearer later on (or alternatively you can take Khevira's perk in this version and see some extra thoughts by the sorceress regarding the girls). One of the DLC's missions (Girls' Night Out) will be featuring them exclusively, and shed some more light to her character. Even without these though, I think there are plenty of hints already in the game (though most are pretty subtle).

She will also not be antagonizing Xia (though she will still judge the player for trying to romance her).
So that means i still got to have the tour later on? Then i guess it's fine, i was worried that i lost some relationship points but if it's not related than it's all good. I can wait for the tour. Also, it would be good if you could turn off the follower animations while you are in your house at ToB. I still have Hana tailing me inside.

Which perk is this btw? I was pretty sure i didn't miss anything like this, but i don't remember interacting with someone that could give hints like that. And i always thought that Hana simply had a strong dislike for Azar because Azar is particularly annoying and entitled when she wants to, she isn't normally showing distaste for other girls everywhere she goes (she don't do that to Melissa when the player is showering Melissa with compliments for example, although she does get jealous and try to show off her eyes and assets).
So Hana gets jealous when other girls are receiving attention (including Kaliska, just after meeting her in the church basement), and she keeps showing herself off (mostly her body and her eyes) and tries to dismiss compliments like she's used to them. Which just makes me think she was already jealous of other girls getting attention before (maybe she even had some trauma with a cute girl humiliating her), but she simply couldn't fight back because she wasn't anything special. And now that she's Mother's chosen and have the assets, sometimes she don't know why people aren't gawking at her all the time and she's trying to weaponize her feminines charms more too (i bet that we will see a lot of Hana acting like that with Bloodfang when we get him on the team and i also bet she will be 10 times more bitchy about some of the other girls down the road).

Last edited:

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
How do you actually enter the Ironsword mansion? Some kind of staus is needed or something? I tried to enter even since i get to ToB and i can't (maybe i'm even at the wrong place).

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Just a few questions, will be grateful if anyone answer:
-Where is nun(roleplay?) event for Hana happens?
-Is there any aoe magia and way to get new ones except memory lane and lvlups(not counting mending for finding boy)?
-Is there a list with available events, places and\or quests?
-Is finding Hana is the end of 3.9?
-There is a lot party member names in inventory(costumes entries in equipment) but i only met Hana, Kali and Azar, other locked by class or i missed some locations?

Last edited:

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
-Is there any aoe magia and way to get new ones except memory lane and lvlups(not counting mending for finding boy)?
-There is a lot party member names in inventory(costumes entries in equipment) but i only met Hana, Kali and Azar, other locked by class or i missed some locations?
I will answer the ones i know:
-Hana gets a reaaaaally good aoe magia at maybe lvl 8? (i don't remember the exact level) It does a huge ammount of dmg for 40 mp, reduces def and agi, can easily crit and IT STUNS. You can actually learn new magias, skills and get buffs from the 'temple' option in the menu, you get 1 point per level.

-You can scout the changelog and the itch.io page for this game to find the events available, but there isn't an official list from what i know. You need to explore to find bosses, events etc.

-For the main quest? Yes, when you find Hana you end the main questline for this version. After that you are supposed to go back to the port and talk with the captain to travel to Kronos and continue the main quest, but that's for version 4.0. But of course there's TONS of content to find that aren't linked (directly) to the main quest and those are really important, since a lot of your choices are going to pay back later (positively or negatively, depending on the choice).

-Those are for future characters and costumes, you are still going to get another permanent party member in Kronos (Bloodfang) and there are a lot of side characters that have different costumes. You've met Hana, Azar, Kaliska and Sangsue (she's the thief girl, not really romanceable btw), i think you can count Ryi too (she has voice acting and a proper bust so i think she is going to come back a lot later, plus i really like her). But there's more characters to find later, Bloodfang, Hatchy, Xia. And most if not all characters are going to have different costumes for them (including the MC i think, but he still don't have a proper bust.)

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
-It's the bought house event if you have high romance with her (not that high).
-Apart from Hana's it depends on your class, and you can also just buy or make grenades.
-Nope. If anyone wants to make one they're more than welcome to, but I specifically don't want to do it myself (and it's not out of laziness).
-For the Main story, yes. There's still a buttload of side-stuff. 3.9's main update was recruiting Xia.
-I'll have the categories for which you have no items removed eventually, just not a priority atm.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
In going back so far to check that Azar thing I realized that the event in the hotel in Beginnings doesn't actually give you anything. There is a piece of equipment that's totally blank, maybe that's it? Still haven't figured out if the 'bull milk' potion the farmers mention is supposed to be craftable or not, though.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Appreciate answers. So blood mage doesn't have an aoe. But there is one more question, where is that kobolds brother? I searched everywhere(i think) in Illfang forest. And i actually can recruit that rogue from server bar? DId game were remade or patch notes from year ago on itch have me me confused?

Last edited:

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Appreciate answers. So blood mage doesn't have an aoe. But there is one more question, where is that kobolds brother? I searched everywhere(i think) in Illfang forest. And i actually can recruit that rogue from server bar? DId game were remade or patch notes from year ago on itch have me me confused?
You have to save the kobold in the cave from the bear before you do the Illfang raid. That kobold's cousin is the guard at the front of the tower and if he hears that you helped out his cuz he'll let you in without a fuss.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, so i asked where is he? (Bear cave didn't had any kobold bodies live or dead) :) MC can guess his name to get access without fight(so i did so), but i want to replay from scratch because doubling mana turned out waste of waves for me late game(with current content). So this time i kinda want to find kobold gatekeeper sibling.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
In going back so far to check that Azar thing I realized that the event in the hotel in Beginnings doesn't actually give you anything. There is a piece of equipment that's totally blank, maybe that's it? Still haven't figured out if the 'bull milk' potion the farmers mention is supposed to be craftable or not, though.
Which event you are talking about? It's the rich man's or the fight against the hunters? I can only remeber these two in the ToB's inn (i think you are talking about the inn)

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Blank piece of equipment is from the beginning(just got my blood mage basic gear from ToB and it is already in my inventory).

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Which event you are talking about? It's the rich man's or the fight against the hunters? I can only remeber these two in the ToB's inn (i think you are talking about the inn)
The rich man off to the side on the first floor. He's supposed to give Chia-Jung an item for spending time with him but doing that event a second time made me wonder what it was.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, so i asked where is he? (Bear cave didn't had any kobold bodies live or dead) :) MC can guess his name to get access without fight(so i did so), but i want to replay from scratch because doubling mana turned out waste of waves for me late game(with current content). So this time i kinda want to find kobold gatekeeper sibling.
There are a few caves with bears in them. I want to say the right one is off to the east, somewhere around where the wolf shrine spits you out?

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
The rich man off to the side on the first floor. He's supposed to give Chia-Jung an item for spending time with him but doing that event a second time made me wonder what it was.
It was a gold item, that's literally how the item is called. It's made to sold basically.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes