Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Very strange. When i played previously(blood mage) in a cave where is located goblin brother i beat bear and he didn't appear(got quest but he still didn't appeared though i didn't even knew that he should be there). This playthrough as a rogue he jumped out right after i beat bear. Didn't had quest this time.

On unrelated note. If black goat symbolize "Mother" than who is woman breastfeeding child which we meet everywhere(even underground pub). I honestly thought it was her, keeping eye on things.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Very strange. When i played previously(blood mage) in a cave where is located goblin brother i beat bear and he didn't appear(got quest but he still didn't appeared though i didn't even knew that he should be there). This playthrough as a rogue he jumped out right after i beat bear. Didn't had quest this time.

On unrelated note. If black goat symbolize "Mother" than who is woman breastfeeding child which we meet everywhere(even underground pub). I honestly thought it was her, keeping eye on things.
can't be hundred present sure about the cave encounter whit what i think you meant Kobold, considering the bear can be encountered in different part of the cave from what i remember whit it wandering around, you probably somehow got the encounter a bit outside the trigger range or something.

i also have noticed that you sometimes are able to somehow bypass "Trigger" locations fore story encounters like the bear fight whit Hanna and Kaliska, or that they somehow get delayed or something.

as fore the unrelated note, they meit just both represent "Mother" considering the goats only show up if you are insane, wile i think the nursing one show up regardless of insanity, to be honest i personally didn't really think much on the fact that an nursing mother ware around the please other then whishing to have had some dialogue whit some of the once around, they ware alvei's short of strangely silent whit little interactions compared to other characters i guess, but if they represent "Mother" then that's explains a lot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -Nothing-

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
i also have noticed that you sometimes are able to somehow bypass "Trigger" locations fore story encounters like the bear fight whit Hanna and Kaliska, or that they somehow get delayed or something.
I was surprised when I was not able to just go to another screen (map), that was because of bypassing warp point. It can be done if you run diagonally (at least in some places in the forest), closer to the exit from location. I guess any other trigger can be missed like that

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Nah, it's just an NPC with a nice custom sprite, only the black goats are Mother.

Doc43Souls

Jun 26, 2019
I was surprised when I was not able to just go to another screen (map), that was because of bypassing warp point. It can be done if you run diagonally (at least in some places in the forest), closer to the exit from location. I guess any other trigger can be missed like that
Yeah. Kinda hated that. Imagine running from an enemy with low hp and miss a warp-point.

• Haha

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
I think trigger in a cave can fail if you move after bear spot player. (yeah i called kobold there a goblin for some reason)
A lot triggers(speeches when you move to new locations for example) activate after few seconds. My guess will be autosave function is a culprit, mainly because every time i load from it they work as indented and starts right away.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
I think trigger in a cave can fail if you move after bear spot player. (yeah i called kobold there a goblin for some reason)
A lot triggers(speeches when you move to new locations for example) activate after few seconds. My guess will be autosave function is a culprit, mainly because every time i load from it they work as indented and starts right away.
Nah, it's because of how the proximity trigger script works. By default it can only be used as a parallel process, and not as an autorun process. The difference is that parallel processes allow the user to do other things as long as they do not directly contradict said processes (for example starting a rain/snow effect is set as a parallel process effect). An autorun process locks the player from doing anything while it is running (events that trigger as soon as you enter a map are usually of this kind.

The issue is that since the proximity triggers work on parallel processes, if the player steps outside of the designated trigger radius, they simply stop.

That said, I just got an idea for how to make these not miss.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Ah, that explains a lot.
Again on unrelated note Sangsue beat Azar easily because heartwarming head pats event beat hentai events every time. Good example Grand Ende 2. Pretty sure there is a lot people like me who finished game without doing anything lewd to elf girl, just head pats and feed her a lot of tasty food. Honestly who wouldn't want a nice apprentice to dote on(care for)?

Reactions: ThePhoneme

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Ah, that explains a lot.
Again on unrelated note Sangsue beat Azar easily because heartwarming head pats event beat hentai events every time. Good example Grand Ende 2. Pretty sure there is a lot people like me who finished game without doing anything lewd to elf girl, just head pats and feed her a lot of tasty food. Honestly who wouldn't want a nice apprentice to dote on(care for)?
In the current pole Azar is first though (though to be fair, there haven't been many voters yet).

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Well it's hard to vote yet, because to be honest characters didn't have too much story time to be able to judge. By the appearance its would be Xia, but voting just by that will be too boring.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
And your luck was enough to evade enemy attacks and win, but seconds after, you get random encounter :ROFLMAO:
not really how "Random" encounters work, i have somewhat explained how the mechanic work in my guide how to manipulate them under the "tip and tix" section i believe, but in essence if you just exited an forced battle the new steps fore an random encounter is reset, and considering the example fore the situation, he can just go back and "Reset" the encounter steps by simply exiting and reentering the aria, not to mention normal random encounters can be "Fled" compared to the overworld encounters you need to "Stealth" past.
fleeing is by the way easier whit hi agility stats, do note at list 2-3 perks make "Fleeing" from battle harder by reducing your agility score and can be counter productive early game.

• Thinking Face

-Nothing-

Aug 16, 2021
not really how "Random" encounters work, i have somewhat explained how the mechanic work in my guide how to manipulate them under the "tip and tix" section i believe, but in essence if you just exited an forced battle the new steps fore an random encounter is reset, and considering the example fore the situation, he can just go back and "Reset" the encounter steps by simply exiting and reentering the aria, not to mention normal random encounters can be "Fled" compared to the overworld encounters you need to "Stealth" past.
fleeing is by the way easier whit hi agility stats, do note at list 2-3 perks make "Fleeing" from battle harder by reducing your agility score and can be counter productive early game.
Believe me, my personal luck doesn't care about probabilities (or at least sometimes she uses even the smallest probability to kill me), she just gives such surprises, making me laugh and cry at the same time :ROFLMAO::cry:
And I'm such a "genius" to make my character agile as turtle (because of observation perk), so I can't escape any battle, until buy white capes and level up :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
peterparker12372

Save before that point and put a copy of it somewhere so if you want to start new just move all of the old saves into a folder and name it berserker and then take the copy you made and place it where the old save files were and bring the game up and select the save file.

For me I made a folder named save file for when you pick your class so I know what the save file is and I have one other save folder named rouge save files.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes