DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Is there any walkthrough? I feel like I am either bad at RPGM or dumb :unsure:
well there is my old one back on page 14 of this tread (also in my signature), but some stuff have changed, so not all of it apply anymore, at list when it comes to new events and such, but it is still an starting guide that gives you at list gets you some ExP to get around level 5 and some money to buy some better Gare and such, but you should explore in arias on your one anyway, have been meaning to update the Starting Guide, but i have been distracted lately...

also you are not dumb, Rutsah have just made ALOT of costume settings and you need to forget allot of the stuff you are used to from "Standard" RPGM games, and simply learn the new systems, and yes you ARE a squisy Farmer dreaming of becoming an adventurer, so you NEED to gain some experience from doing quests rather then think you can kill wolfs on level one, this game takes SOME parts of starting out kind of realistic...

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
well there is my old one back on page 14 of this tread (also in my signature), but some stuff have changed, so not all of it apply anymore, at list when it comes to new events and such, but it is still an starting guide that gives you at list gets you some ExP to get around level 5 and some money to buy some better Gare and such, but you should explore in arias on your one anyway, have been meaning to update the Starting Guide, but i have been distracted lately...

also you are not dumb, Rutsah have just made ALOT of costume settings and you need to forget allot of the stuff you are used to from "Standard" RPGM games, and simply learn the new systems, and yes you ARE a squisy Farmer dreaming of becoming an adventurer, so you NEED to gain some experience from doing quests rather then think you can kill wolfs on level one, this game takes SOME parts of starting out kind of realistic...
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
This game seems promising, but I can't play it.

I can only use an Android, and the style chosen for the text is practically illegible in my phone screen.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
This game seems promising, but I can't play it.

I can only use an Android, and the style chosen for the text is practically illegible in my phone screen.
"RPG Maker VX Ace" game engine ware never made fore phones in mind, so phones are not supported by default...
support fore cellphones got introduced in "RPG Maker MV" if i remember correctly, so you would be better of playing it on an PC anyway...

through you can kind of change the text font's, by going into the "Fonts" folder and replace/delete the tree files named:
"VL-Gothic-Regular.ttf"
"VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf"
"Windbuchen Regular.ttf"
and the game should default back to the default engine Text Style, hope that is of any help.
through i can't guarantee it will not mess whit some stuff...

Last edited:

coldblade1

Feb 16, 2018
Confused.. started the game and got off the ship(when you have access to esc) and.. i cant manually save? pressing enter/Z on a empty slot does nothing, only autosave/quicksave? is working

Edit: erm.. ok? slot 2 doesnt let me but slot 9 does.. pretty weird

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Is there any walkthrough? I feel like I am either bad at RPGM or dumb :unsure:
Some general tips:

-Once you reach the docks immediately head to the settlement to the west and pay 35 Col to take a rest at the distinguished guy's house. You'll get the well-rested status.
-Head back to the docks and talk to the woman named Compass. She can give you a blessing which will boost your HP and give you a small regen.
-Do the quest at the docks for the magus and he can give you yet another blessing for a few Col. With these three active you'll have a much easier time with the wildlife and they'll last until you rest again. If you're anything other than a blood mage you can probably go quite a while without needing to use an inn.
-The fortuneteller can give you access to perks but be cautious about taking too many too early as they can cripple you early on even if they're worth it in the long run.
-Head to Beginnings and the surrounding areas to find a few starter quests and head north till you get the kobold quest once you're level 3 or so.

Perks to consider:

-Baptised in Color can offset the agility and HP hits that some of the better ones have and the downsides only majorly apply (so far) if you get to be a little too insane. Good choice for all classes.
-Evil Twin is great for blood mages but not so good for any other class.
-Forbidden Knowledge is a good one for all characters. You should think of your sanity as a limited resource to spend on the events that are worth it and this one raises two stats that are hard to get otherwise.
-Destiny of Greatness is good for everyone and can offset costs of other perks.
-Keen eyes is good for everyone as perception is one of the toughest stats to raise.
-Mountain Life is great for blood mages and berserkers but I'd advise rogues and leaders to avoid it.
-Hoarder is the reason why. This is a great perk for rogues/leaders (the two classes that are best at avoiding or mitigating damage) and you'd be missing out on the extra item effectiveness by taking mountain life.
-Zen, its counterpart, is a good one for blood mages but not for anyone else.
-Androgynous is a good pick for any character. You can offset the downside with Pickup Artist if you like but starting at one less romance point with everyone is honestly not that big a deal; you can easily regain that lost ground.
-Self-made Martyr is something to consider for any character. It's a nice health boost and in general you will be tougher than your party members so covering for them isn't necessarily a bad thing.
-Sore Loser is another one. A 5% regen, which can stack with others, can offset the defense hit. If you took mountain life the HP hit will be negligible and this is especially good for berserkers with their high HP.
-Thunderous is a really good one but maybe not immediately; the HP hit is significant but the chance to paralyze will save your hide. Not as good for blood mages and rogues need to consider anything that affects their limited HP but this one is worth it in the long run.
-Psychotic Psychic is an especially helpful one for rogues. They have agility to spare and brain scrambling is a good way to keep tough enemies from overwhelming you. It'll augment their natural deception, too.

Perks to avoid/be cautious with:

-The carnivore/vegetarian perks are something to consider before taking. In my view vegetarian simply has too many drawbacks compared to what it gives you and could stand to have another benefit or one of its drawbacks removed and even carnivore simply isn't as good as androgynous when it comes to getting early testosterone. There are better ways within the game itself to get points in those areas.
-Genuine Fool will make you almost incapable of deception and that can be quite useful in a number of situations.
-Lenny Small sounds perfect for berserkers but having no capacity for rhetorics is a huge drawback. There are a number of quests that can only be started if you have at least one point in it.
-Brightest Burn is very tempting but only consider it if you can manage to offset most of the damage with regen. It'll be like you're permanently poisoned.
-Living Decay is one where I simply can't think of a character who'd be able to make the -80% defense work.
-Painful Gravity is doable as a blood mage but wait until you're familiar with the game and decently strong to try this out. Don't combine it with self-made martyr.
-Only rogues should consider Ponytail of Glory. The selection of equipment that rogues can actually use is severely limited, it's their major weakness as a class, so many of the powerful helmets will be off-limits to them anyway. The skill boost can be replicated by some accessories but, again, rogues won't be able to equip those - so it's actually to their benefit to get this.
-Paranoia is like super hard mode. Only take it if you're looking for a big challenge.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Confused.. started the game and got off the ship(when you have access to esc) and.. i cant manually save? pressing enter/Z on a empty slot does nothing, only autosave/quicksave? is working

Edit: erm.. ok? slot 2 doesnt let me but slot 9 does.. pretty weird
Slot 1 is reserved for autosaves and slot 2 is for quicksaves.

Everad

Sep 10, 2017
Encountered two errors "unable to find file"
1- Union outpost, lower level "graphics battlebacks1/ innertomb" not found. Quick fix was to copy and rename another battlebacks to innertomb.
2-ToB sewers after melting snowball enter the area and "Audio/BGS/underworld-thaumaturge's Tomb-mp3 256 lvl chk". I have the file, tried to change/delete 256 lvl chk but didn't work.

Loving the game, third play through. Is the quest Mothers Will "travel to Kronos" able to be done or is it future content?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
1- Union outpost, lower level "graphics battlebacks1/ innertomb" not found. Quick fix was to copy and rename another battlebacks to innertomb.
2-ToB sewers after melting snowball enter the area and "Audio/BGS/underworld-thaumaturge's Tomb-mp3 256 lvl chk". I have the file, tried to change/delete 256 lvl chk but didn't work.

Loving the game, third play through. Is the quest Mothers Will "travel to Kronos" able to be done or is it future content?
It will be included in Version 4.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
Been playing the game for the last few days and also reading a bit of the code, and i gotta ask, who's the lorekeeper monster and why did he turn the people in woodsedge into pigs:unsure:. I don't even remember meeting the guy and yet his variable is set to 255. Edit: Nevermind, he's just the boss of that area, idk why it's variable was set to 255 by default for me at least tho, maybe it's a bug somewhere?

Last edited:

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
Also, is Melissa's true secret not supposed to be seen? or is it just a bug that the option for it doesn't appear?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Been playing the game for the last few days and also reading a bit of the code, and i gotta ask, who's the lorekeeper monster and why did he turn the people in woodsedge into pigs:unsure:. I don't even remember meeting the guy and yet his variable is set to 255. Edit: Nevermind, he's just the boss of that area, idk why it's variable was set to 255 by default for me at least tho, maybe it's a bug somewhere?
Found the bug, it's related to the new visibility script. It's an easy fix.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I assumed that Woodsedge is highly unfinished since there's no one around, you can examine the big tree and it'll have text as though you're in the middle of a quest, and then a boss that can be fought before encountering anyone or anything else that's related to it.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
Found the bug, it's related to the new visibility script. It's an easy fix.
Yeah, I figured it couldn't be related to an event in specific because that variable is set to 255 at least as soon as the tutorial finishes, but didn't know what was really responsible for that. Did you find why the "Wait, something doesn't add up..." option doesn't show tho? I couldn't find why it doesn't work, so maybe it's intended and i couldn't get it to show in my game? (Just in case it isn't intentional, i kinda made it work by adding a 4th option that is just the same as that one, but again, I don't know if that option is locked behind a variable or smt). Also, making Melissasecret turn into 5 in the middle of the conversation makes it so it stops, you can fix that simply by moving that to the end of the conversation.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
I assumed that Woodsedge is highly unfinished since there's no one around, you can examine the big tree and it'll have text as though you're in the middle of a quest, and then a boss that can be fought before encountering anyone or anything else that's related to it.
It's just bugged right now, you can fix it by going into save editor and changing the variable "Lorekeeper Monster"(#50) from 255 to 1

cirle

Apr 15, 2018

For #2 "Audio/BGS/underworld-thaumaturge's Tomb-mp3 256 lvl chk" has an _ in place of the ' replace it and it works.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Yeah, I figured it couldn't be related to an event in specific because that variable is set to 255 at least as soon as the tutorial finishes, but didn't know what was really responsible for that. Did you find why the "Wait, something doesn't add up..." option doesn't show tho? I couldn't find why it doesn't work, so maybe it's intended and i couldn't get it to show in my game? (Just in case it isn't intentional, i kinda made it work by adding a 4th option that is just the same as that one, but again, I don't know if that option is locked behind a variable or smt). Also, making Melissasecret turn into 5 in the middle of the conversation makes it so it stops, you can fix that simply by moving that to the end of the conversation.
It's not a bug, you just have low perception, it needs 2 or higher. Hana even notes that it's "Very observant, \N[1]".

Leecher97

Jul 10, 2018
Sorry if you are aware of this and just have no time to fix it.
Bug report: When talking about religion with Azar in the minotaur caves, some diologue choices leave her image on the screen. Those being Pretending tobelieve to impress her and Talking about how they don't matter due to the lack of impact on mortal lives.
Another thing, is Martyr meant to trigger everytime you have more HP than your teamate? It doesn'tseem to be with Azar. Azar cave bug.png

Koliastraz

Sep 28, 2017
Capture.PNG
This massage pops up when i try to enter a room in sewers after i melt the giant snowball.
Can someone also tell where can I find silver ingots, i want to craft expert pickaxe so i can mine jade ore in ilfangs mine.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes