Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Experiment: Guys can you check if the battle crashes happen consistently when a directional key is being held when the battle starts? (always from the 2nd battle onwards). I think that is the common thread of the crashes.

Or not, god damn it... I'm lost.

ShadoUrufu

Mar 6, 2020
The problem with those is that they don't include my updates. Just download the entire folder, it is as it is.
Right, can you give me a step-by-step on how to do that? Cause I honestly don't know how to download the entire thing. i found a 'download' button, it zipped 'something' and then i never heard from it again so i don't think it even worked.

Grahim

Jan 8, 2018
Hey just here to say, that you have done a great work, I would drop a review but I am bad at writing a sensible structural criticism. The story and the writing is great if you ask me, I loved how you implented the so called "others" not in your face style, and how the game rewards exploration. In the beginning I complained about a lack of direction, which can be good, but just a smidgen of a hint would be nice if you ask me, at least some npc mentioning something like they do in Dragontooth. Combat is fun once you get the right quirks and bonuses, many enemies have weaknesses that can be exploited which I like, but please put some way to regenerate mana or some mana potions, or the wizard is too crippled. I like the power in exchange of other stuff mechanic, I honest to god think your game might be the only one I have encountered in an RPG maker game no bad comments here. I think (therefore I am) I have litteraly finished all of the written content, not that I am complaining it was a lot, like a lot more than what we usually get in F95. Honestly good game some of the few memorable RPGmaker games I have played so far, other than some technical issues which I will not undersale, is a detriment to the overall enjoyment of the game, but other than that great job.
TL;DR very good game well done developer, needs to carve out some edges. I recommend.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Both to Grahim who just commented and to other folks: I am not planning to add any way to fill MP other than resting. Magias in the game are borderline busted (Azar can basically kill N'Gombe in 2-3 frostbolts) and I am satisfied with that. I think of magias more as grenades in an FPS game rather than common bullets, like you'd see in other RPGs where you can throw arcane bolt after arcane bolt.

For a bit of trivia:
The skills being used only once per encounter was an idea I got while playing "E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy" for the first time. That game had a fixed amount of inventory spaces for both guns and ammo, but gave away all guns for free at the start of each mission and only there. The way I had built my character, I was holding 1 of each type of weapon with exactly 1 magazine inside, meaning in firefights I basically used a weapon and immediately discarded it for the next one. While it was not the most practical thing in the world I fell in love with the gamestyle, and that's how Broken Reality's skills came to be: A whole arsenal of guns with 1 bullet each.

The magia system (basically going nuclear but with a very limited resource that only get replenished from checkpoints) was actually inspired by "Hunted: The Demon's Forge", which, as mentioned above, treated spells more like grenades than bullets, with no cooldowns as long as you had the mana to cast them (up to the end of the game you could only cast about 2-3 spells per fight, but they did a sh!tload of damage).

triplea1991

May 23, 2020
how can i fix this .. i installed the graphic and date folders but it didnt work
Unable to find file:
Graphics/Characters/$Trinity Demon

Projekt_FIJI

Oct 10, 2020
Anybody else getting a "Unable to find file: Graphics/Characters/$Trinity Demon" after you get pass the questioning part?

reedgrin

Aug 5, 2018
Experiment: Guys can you check if the battle crashes happen consistently when a directional key is being held when the battle starts? (always from the 2nd battle onwards). I think that is the common thread of the crashes.

Or not, god damn it... I'm lost.
Looks like the crashes almost don't happen if no keys are pressed when the battle starts

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Anybody else getting a "Unable to find file: Graphics/Characters/$Trinity Demon" after you get pass the questioning part?
My bad, just download the latest graphics version (more specifically the "characters" subfolder)

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
In Blackcry village, there is a an angry man who is blocked by a boy who stands in the way. how do i solve this?

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Are there any walkthroughs for this game? I've beaten Illfang (bloodbolt op) and haven't found any companions yet.
when you are in the Plains take the the Way to the west. You will end up in a city. If you continue further to the woods you should sooner or later encounter a Woman. From there you should after you followed her have a companion

GregoryMaximus

Dec 25, 2018
so i've done the vixen quest where you get the permit for the tomb but when i open her "gift" the game shuts down stating there's a missing file name "Evil villain 3 laugh 1" i looked in the audio files folder and it seems there's only evil villain 1 audio files

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Two thoughts I have, first seems every mini update a graphic or audio error occurs cause something missing, is it likely whatever your using to zip the folders likely isn't zipping them properly, since I know that can cause files to go missing.

Also second more a suggestion but any thought of converting the audio to .ogg format, not only does it make it easier for rpgmaker to run it but can also reduce the entire folder from 1.3 GB to 590ish MB and have the audio work fine I believe.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
When i interacted with one of these bubles that seems like fishing spots
1.jpg
this error popped up and the game crashed
2.jpg

bobbydobby2020

Apr 17, 2020
when you are in the Plains take the the Way to the west. You will end up in a city. If you continue further to the woods you should sooner or later encounter a Woman. From there you should after you followed her have a companion
Fantastic, thank you.

hardguy

Jun 9, 2017
hi, great game rutsah good narrative so far im liking it, so apart from the crash bug when battle start i found another lets say inconsistency,it is the recipe copper gear 2, its says in the description that you learn shuriken, claymore and bastard sword, but i only learned shriken and another recipe for claws

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes