Penitensary

May 10, 2020
So I've played the game for a little bit and I still feel like combat needs some adjustment. Enemy damage can be extremely swingy and for some reasons, I'm more likely to run into 2 boars than anything else, which is pretty much GG if I fail to escape. I've even had them drop on me 3 times in a row reloading the same save. On the bright side, I picked up a rusty dagger and a Bloody Tooth accessory from somewhere, which significantly raises my agility as a Blood Magus. But before that, I basically failed to escape 2/3 times.
As a fellow Blood Magus, allow me to share the foibles i picked:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At level 1, and with the starter gear (Butter Knife, Casual Clothes, Leather Boots and Sophie's Charm) equipped that translates to 40 Atk, 25 Def, 3 Skill, 2 Affinity, 65 Agi and 12 Luck, 307 Max HP and 309 Max MP. You also get a couple of fire spells, and the butter knife can now cause paralyze as well as bleed. Also, i kid you not, some NPCs are now commenting on how fabulous you look.

With the Butter Knife equipped, that translates to killing a wolf or boar in two hits (110-160 damage). And you gain HP back while walking, the regen is enough to fully counteract poison too. Hornets, rats, wolves, boars, took out a kobold or two, no problem. Just gotta watch out for those random crits, i noticed they do x4 damage.

Edit: Also, don't keep your main save in Slot 1, apparently that's the Autosave slot. RIP my level 5 character.

Last edited:

DoctorThanks77

Feb 10, 2020
I progressed through the game and met a courier in a frosty town that gave me a message from the sexy glowing eyes lady about some sphere and it sounded like I gave her that sphere in the first place.

did I completely missed a sidequest or did I speedread?

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
also im confused, what the hell is a fobile?
they are Specials Traits (like in Fallout 1/2) or quarks (like Westland 2), that gives you some Positive stat's/abilities/effects, but they also give some Drawbacks as well, sometimes out right CRIPELING!

don't let Mountain-Life Tick you, it is a TRAP!

but yea some of the Foibles synergies whit some classes better then others, like you DON't want "Lenies Small" fore a Blood Magus because then you lose your ability to cast spell's, but Paranoia (prevents you from using normal Attack's.) is just as bad because your Basic attack have an 20% chance to case Bleed as an Blood Magus and whit an Cobra Staff as well fore Attacking will let you have a chase to inflict 2 different Debuff's that both give an independent Health Degeneration of 8% of enemies Max HP, so alvei's Chose your Foibles Carefully with positives and Negatives in mind.

you can choose your Foibles on the Dock's right after the prologue by paying the Fortuneteller 30 Cole.

sorry fore ranting.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

At level 1, and with the starter gear (Butter Knife, Casual Clothes, Leather Boots and Sophie's Charm) equipped that translates to 40 Atk, 25 Def, 3 Skill, 2 Affinity, 65 Agi and 12 Luck, 307 Max HP and 309 Max MP. You also get a couple of fire spells, and the butter knife can now cause paralyze as well as bleed. Also, i kid you not, some NPCs are now commenting on how fabulous you look.

With the Butter Knife equipped, that translates to killing a wolf or boar in two hits (110-160 damage). And you gain HP back while walking, the regen is enough to fully counteract poison too. Hornets, rats, wolves, boars, took out a kobold or two, no problem. Just gotta watch out for those random crits, i noticed they do x4 damage.

Edit: Also, don't keep your main save in Slot 1, apparently that's the Autosave slot. RIP my level 5 character.
Eh, I've already made it past early game. But like I had discussed in a previous post, my issue is that the early game struggle is disproportionate between different classes. And foibles aren't something new players should be taking so early into the game because you don't even know how the game will unfold at that point. You might accidentally pick something that's super helpful in the short run but turn out to be useless or even detrimental in the long run. Like I still don't know if/how taking points in insanity or karma will lock me out of certain content. I have no clue how big a hit -1 to all party member Romance is. Estrogen definitely locks you out of some events, even if you have the minimum masculinity required. Basically, you might spend hours running around and dying, or conversely, bypass all that for a few hours before regretting your foibles choices and having to start all over.

As for the autosave, I was just suggesting that slots 1 and 2 shouldn't appear on the save menu, since they're not meant for you to save over.
also im confused, what the hell is a fobile?
I don't recommend grabbing it early on, but they're basically flaws you can get by paying the fortune teller 30 coins. Generally speaking, a flaw will permanently raise and lower some stats, but some flaws can also outright remove certain gameplay features, like locking out weapons or recovery item usage (which is what DreamyMilk is talking about). The stats themselves have very limited opportunities to be raised in game, so you don't really want to carelessly mess with those either. Leveling up can increase your max HP and some other stats, but it'll never raise or lower attributes like Intelligence, Sanity, or hormones. Those require unique events to change. But even experience points are a finite resource in the game, so you can't just assume that enough levels will eventually compensate for however much defense, Max HP, or whatever you lost.

P.S. The above issues are why I keep talking about why early game should be adjusted. It's not really fair how some classes might feel pressured to immediately take foibles.

Last edited:

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Zen is the must have foible that everyone should pick regardless of class. 150% xp gain rate is a very big deal in the game with very limited xp sourse.
Like, you can get hardlocked out of late game content just because you didn't get high enough lvl and now everything oneshots you.

DoctorThanks77

Feb 10, 2020
With the amount of attention put into this game compared to other RPGmaker games or... /weg/'s you should keep in mind that the dev will probably develop content that will HARD counter whatever foible you picked, aka I picked the foible where you mindblast anything with a functioning brain and then realized the harder content usually involved the undead or golems.

also if you picked the foible that makes you take 5 times the color damage and then get a little too crazy early on, or once you meet a boss that spams color AoE, you, lose.

Edit: i found a bug in the starting port where the old guy asks you to take a axe and give it to that villager, you can steal that axe over and over again to get infinite hand axes and stain your karma blacker than a black hole, lmao.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ferghus

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018

First save slot is Auto, Second save lot is quick save, and you have manual from 3 to 9(only 7 manual save slots).
Tried to do as with any other RPGM games and make more save slot, at least to 24 as casually in games, sadly can not find it anywhere, i think save system done through mods(scripts) and search it pain in the butt..

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Zen is the must have foible that everyone should pick regardless of class. 150% xp gain rate is a very big deal in the game with very limited xp sourse.
Like, you can get hardlocked out of late game content just because you didn't get high enough lvl and now everything oneshots you.
I dunno dude, -50% crit and magic reflect chance seems kinda dicey and I'm not thrilled to lose a point in an attribute. But if you can actually get hardlocked out of late game because there's not enough ways to earn XP, that's an issue with game balance. Your ability to reach late game shouldn't be affected by an optional, easily missable early game decision. That's like starting with a compounding debt that eventually gives you a bad end because you didn't know it existed.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
actually it was the bench(crafting) and not a chest ,it says script recipes value line 1068 ,zerodivisionerror occured
i think that bug is fixed in v4.1.3 but it persist throe Saves from 4.1.2 so you MEY need to Start an new game or something unfortunaly from what i understand...

Reactions: playa2

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
I'm at the docks, how do I find Mother's avatar and recruit her?

also, for some reason, after using the recipe for wood, the game crashes when i try to get into the Tinkering tab in the Recipe Viewer menu.

Silvericefox

Jun 14, 2017
anyone knows the code for the chests in
I'm at the docks, how do I find Mother's avatar and recruit her?
you gotta head to Horunka Village, which is west of the town of beginnings

then head to the "mist forest", west of Horunka village
you should arrive at Woodsheaven - abandoned
follow the path and you should meet Mother's Avatar

Felix Steele

Jul 16, 2022
Hi

I want report some bugs:
- no eternal rest in yudah-quest: I spoke with gravekeeper, but in quest log it shown as spoken to denizen of yudah' underworld. Talk to denizen gives no progress. Furthermore, I spoke with all three but after reopen the game my progress are missing. Finally i cannot complete the quest. Talk with the widow doesn't complete the quest
- after recruiting Hana and leaving Nuala's camp a dream sequence is starting --> I cannot go further in the area with the arrows and in the dream I have no access to the menu

Furthermore, I want to access to the Ironwood manson: I know, that I have to talk with the blue haire guy in the inn, but no hints. Can somebody help me with the hints?

Reactions: F4S1

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Quest log and actual uqe
Hi

I want report some bugs:
- no eternal rest in yudah-quest: I spoke with gravekeeper, but in quest log it shown as spoken to denizen of yudah' underworld. Talk to denizen gives no progress. Furthermore, I spoke with all three but after reopen the game my progress are missing. Finally i cannot complete the quest. Talk with the widow doesn't complete the quest
- after recruiting Hana and leaving Nuala's camp a dream sequence is starting --> I cannot go further in the area with the arrows and in the dream I have no access to the menu

Furthermore, I want to access to the Ironwood manson: I know, that I have to talk with the blue haire guy in the inn, but no hints. Can somebody help me with the hints?
Quest log and actual quest progress are completely unrelated. That thing is buggy as hell, but the quests can be completed normally, no matter what that thing says. (Also said quest is completed far away from Dragontooth.

Also you might want to get the latest data version from the google drive folder, solves the arrows bug and a few others.

Silvericefox

Jun 14, 2017
i have recruited Bloodfang and i went back to the initial docks to talk about the fortuneteller and Compass

but they are not there
any idea where the Fortuneteller and Compass went?
is Compass a party member too? While talking to the Yuuki-onnas i got some dialogue as if Compass was with us

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I dunno dude, -50% crit and magic reflect chance seems kinda dicey and I'm not thrilled to lose a point in an attribute. But if you can actually get hardlocked out of late game because there's not enough ways to earn XP, that's an issue with game balance. Your ability to reach late game shouldn't be affected by an optional, easily missable early game decision. That's like starting with a compounding debt that eventually gives you a bad end because you didn't know it existed.
Agreed, i looked at Zen and was like "The XP is nice, but i like my crits." so i didn't take it. Crits deal massive damage.

Also, i just ran a test and Brightest Burn (+100% crit, take 10% Max HP damage per turn) actually becomes quite feasible with "Living Decay" (immune to statuses, including Max HP debuffs) -80% DEF and -50% max mana on that one though. Additionally, Mountain Life becomes fairly attractive in that setup since the extra 1k HP means you'll regen more, since that's based off of a percentage, and since it's regen it is specifically allowed.

And yeah, the vulnerability to Chrome in Baptized by Color pretty much had "bosses will destroy you" written all over it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ferghus
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes