• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
I really have no idea how it's RNG based, other than criticals which is a stat you can raise with items/foibles.
The fact that enemies appear at random times and sometimes you can do for instance 123 dmg and the next attack you do 40. Damage is inconsistent even without criticals, Magic is more consistent but unless you are playing a mage and you start a new game the difficulty isn't from the fights being hard, it's whether or not you actually do the damage or hit your attacks that determines your win. Essentially on bosses you have to pray your character will hit the "high rolls" attacks else you are screwed unless you spam potions. It's like Pokemon where there are high rolls and low rolls attack-wise, but in this game there is no consistent dmg you can reliably depend on and it often leads to an early death due to bad luck. I'm not saying having a dmg boost from criticals is bad, but normal attacks shouldn't play out like a D&D roll from 1-20, because no video game ever is fun when you have to basically grind mindlessly to reliably hit a boss/enemies with enough damage even with the ridiculous amount of low rolls you get.

Edit: Please just start a new game and try out a melee class and see what I mean, unless you grind mindlessly you're gonna struggle with bosses without some NPC help. The game looks and plays great don't get me wrong, but that inconsistent dmg means I cannot ever get past that demon without hours of grinding and I don't think it's worth my time to try and grind out a game with as little scenes as this one has. (Assuming there aren't many past that, but you get my point hopefully)

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
The fact that enemies appear at random times and sometimes you can do for instance 123 dmg and the next attack you do 40. Damage is inconsistent even without criticals, Magic is more consistent but unless you are playing a mage and you start a new game the difficulty isn't from the fights being hard, it's whether or not you actually do the damage or hit your attacks that determines your win. Essentially on bosses you have to pray your character will hit the "high rolls" attacks else you are screwed unless you spam potions. It's like Pokemon where there are high rolls and low rolls attack-wise, but in this game there is no consistent dmg you can reliably depend on and it often leads to an early death due to bad luck. I'm not saying having a dmg boost from criticals is bad, but normal attacks shouldn't play out like a D&D roll from 1-20, because no video game ever is fun when you have to basically grind mindlessly to reliably hit a boss/enemies with enough damage even with the ridiculous amount of low rolls you get.

Edit: Please just start a new game and try out a melee class and see what I mean, unless you grind mindlessly you're gonna struggle with bosses without some NPC help. The game looks and plays great don't get me wrong, but that inconsistent dmg means I cannot ever get past that demon without hours of grinding and I don't think it's worth my time to try and grind out a game with as little scenes as this one has. (Assuming there aren't many past that, but you get my point hopefully)
I start new games all the time for the purposes of playtesting, and it really doesn't play out like that for me. I've included two demons in the game, one is an insanity-triggered boss in Urbus caves that you are not meant to battle early on, the other is in the forests of Shilai. Both of them are considered big bosses. Which one do you mean?

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
I start new games all the time for the purposes of playtesting, and it really doesn't play out like that for me. I've included two demons in the game, one is an insanity-triggered boss in Urbus caves that you are not meant to battle early on, the other is in the forests of Shilai. Both of them are considered big bosses. Which one do you mean?
This is what happens in my games, I get in maybe pick one of the things from the fortune teller, and then die to a rat from an early mission because I didn't do enough damage to one when I was one shotting them previously. Damage is just too inconsistent and it makes even low level enemies feel like a chore because I can't get into any fights and come out without having to eat or pop a potion because my character couldn't kill a rat. Maybe it's just me but when damage spikes to 250 and then down to 140 or 100 it just seems really off and makes me no longer want to play.
(The demon I was talking about is the one after the little alien creatures (I cannot remember their names) and I only ever made it that far because I spent 2 hours grinding low level quests/early game monsters. But it's not just that boss all bosses the inconsistent damage makes it a hassle to kill, I know we can reload a save, but it's no fun when I die to a boss when if I just consistently hit my "high roll" attacks I could defeat him.

There's also the issue with how many enemies spawn, I get in the wild you can run, that's totally ok. But in quests like the Rat cellar one, I can go up to a rat and face 2 and deal with them, however, say I die. I reload a save and I can go back to that exact same rat, same place, and now there's 3 that spawn instead of two. I could handle the two that were their previously, but I can't anymore because the game spawns different numbers every time. Adn that's on top of the already inconsistent damage my character dishes out.

Don't get me wrong I love your writing man, you have a really cool fleshed out world with a lot of erotic scenes being niche yet really fleshed out (if missing some art here and there) maybe it is just a me problem but it's hard as hell to want to trudge through this game when the combat is both unforgiving and inconsistent. It gets better the further I go in, but damn man it's just so hard because I want to like this game but dying to rats because the game's rng decides to spawn 3 instead of 2 is not something I can put up with for long without a big break.

(Also this is off topic but does that guy in the bar who talks about feminizing the MC ever come back later in the game? The scene was short but really good if you were setting up a possible later arc the MC could get into, maybe like a defeat end serving him or a rich man slowly being feminized and trained?)

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
(Also this is off topic but does that guy in the bar who talks about feminizing the MC ever come back later in the game? The scene was short but really good if you were setting up a possible later arc the MC could get into, maybe like a defeat end serving him or a rich man slowly being feminized and trained?)
For now no, in fact I want to show a bit more how Yudah hunts gay/lesbian people. I have only had NPCs talking about it for now.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
For now no, in fact I want to show a bit more how Yudah hunts gay/lesbian people. I have only had NPCs talking about it for now.
Ok no problem, I get that, maybe it just is me with a skill issue. But thanks for actually talking with me about it anyways man, a lot of people may have just ignored it. I appreciate it. That being said I may need to take a break till more of the game is fleshed out (and some of that content is added) but you have a great world and worldbuilding, it's hard to really flesh out a world and make it believable and more importantly feel lived in (especially in this genre) I'm trying to write the beginning for my own world for a book I've been writing and it's hard as hell but fun. I do want to see what your game looks like when it's complete, you have the spark of greatness in there, even if the combat isn't my favorite.

Reactions: sonhot

Umora

Apr 23, 2020
Questions to the developer, how much is the game currently completed? Does the game have an ending now? If translated into percentages, then the available locations are how many percent of those that will be added?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Questions to the developer, how much is the game currently completed? Does the game have an ending now? If translated into percentages, then the available locations are how many percent of those that will be added?
At least 2 other major areas will be added before the story is finished, but they are not a priority for now. There is still a lot of other work to be done.

BubbaJubbs

May 29, 2021
Are there any currently available money exploits? I'm really enjoying the game but I don't wanna spend hours farming shit to sell just so I can have some decent gear.

Nerkios

May 8, 2020
At least 2 other major areas will be added before the story is finished, but they are not a priority for now. There is still a lot of other work to be done.
When will the exclusive berserk girl be implemented? is the only class without one at the moment

BubbaJubbs

May 29, 2021
Does anyone perhaps have a list of the correct options for Azar? I was following the guide (which was fairly informative) but it ends before meeting her at the minotaur cave.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Does anyone perhaps have a list of the correct options for Azar? I was following the guide (which was fairly informative) but it ends before meeting her at the minotaur cave.
You can remeet her in Academia, and also in the Forests of Shilai once. Version 4.4 will be her first mission, with art by a "very" special guest artist.

BubbaJubbs

May 29, 2021
You can remeet her in Academia, and also in the Forests of Shilai once. Version 4.4 will be her first mission, with art by a "very" special guest artist.
Arvad helped me figure that out on the Discord channel. Thanks for the reply though Rutsah!

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Broken Reality RPG [4.1.3] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (900 MB/ 325 MB) : ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
Reactions: Asenaris

Nah_Man

Jun 6, 2017
Is there an option menu in the game? I can't seem to find it. Would love the ability to adjust audio levels and adjust screen size options.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
Are there any cheats in the game? I'd love the option to be able to just increase my exp without grinding on wild boar, pigs, and wolves. If not I think you should definitely add some cheats to a patreon tier, I want to get into this game but damn getting past that demon in the forest is so damn frustrating when I don't want to spend an hour or two grinding.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Are there any cheats in the game? I'd love the option to be able to just increase my exp without grinding on wild boar, pigs, and wolves. If not I think you should definitely add some cheats to a patreon tier, I want to get into this game but damn getting past that demon in the forest is so damn frustrating when I don't want to spend an hour or two grinding.
Play on android with joiplay perhaps? It has built in cheat for rpgm.

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes