Nazakashi

Dec 16, 2017
Am I a casual gamer if I can't beat this game and leave a one star review for this game for being too hard?

JeffSquared

Oct 25, 2020
Got done playing what I could of the Barbarian class and I have to say that this game looks quite promising. I've always been a sucker for RPGmaker games, but this one seems right up my alley with the content matter and gameplay. Lots of hidden stuff and the way choices can develop your character is quite interesting. The characters look cool and distinct from each other and the gameplay is pretty challenging, especially at a high insanity level where I get blitzed by tough as hell enemies nearly every screen. The foible and wave system is a very neat way to set up strengths and weaknesses with the MC and will clearly add tons of replay value on top of the inherent class choices. It's a very ambitious game and I'm all for it. I've never been a guy to donate to patreons, but I may very well do so for something that's as good as this.

However, it is certainly a work in progress. I've usually only ever played finished RPGmaker games so maybe it's just like this for a game in development, but this game is quite buggy and crashes real often. I saw that many of the bugs posted here have already been fixed, but in the end it seems that doing so much with the engine creates holes in places. Crafting stations will just sometimes crash the game, which itself isn't too big of a problem since the game autosaves, but some bugs can be pretty inconveniencing to say the least. I ran into the minotaur cave bug where the game crashes after killing him and deletes your autosave which lead to me losing tons of progress. Definitely taught me to make manual saves much more often. There's also minor grips I have like how you interact with enemies on the screen and being unable to initiate combat unless they are aggro'd onto you. I had a case like that where after meeting up with Hana and her passing out to meet with Mother, a wolf blocked me in that area and wouldn't turn around or move and I couldn't fight him since he has to see me to start a fight. Another funny thing I noticed was during the bit when facing the golem guarding the eye monster(the Recorder), is that if you're not facing him directly and select "step back" you will get locked since you're unable to walk back. And one last one I noticed was how if you go back into the cave where you save the yuki ona, you can't exit so you have to load a quick save since the auto save puts you back in the cave. Bugs are expected so It's not like I mind it very much, but the game is very cool despite it. I can tell a finished version will be spectacular.

I do have a few questions though. I dove into the game pretty much blind and after finishing what I could, went into the thread to find that there was tons of content that I flat out missed. I didn't even know there was a character named Xia along with not knowing that the skinny thief girl had a name and had more content than a few brief appearances in the sewer bar, Kobold Tower, and Blackcry where she's cornered by a few dues and you can't do anything. It really seems like what class you are and how you progress really effects the rest of the game, which is awesome. Although I do wish there was a way to know for certain with these things. I really like Azar from what I've seen of her, but I haven't found a way to recruit her as a Barbarian since it seems that she will only talk to a Magus. So does that mean to do her content you need to have selected to be a Blood Magus at the beginning? If so, then that's fine, but I do wish I could be a barbarian and get her at the same time.

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
I do have a few questions though. I dove into the game pretty much blind and after finishing what I could, went into the thread to find that there was tons of content that I flat out missed. I didn't even know there was a character named Xia along with not knowing that the skinny thief girl had a name and had more content than a few brief appearances in the sewer bar, Kobold Tower, and Blackcry where she's cornered by a few dues and you can't do anything. It really seems like what class you are and how you progress really effects the rest of the game, which is awesome. Although I do wish there was a way to know for certain with these things. I really like Azar from what I've seen of her, but I haven't found a way to recruit her as a Barbarian since it seems that she will only talk to a Magus. So does that mean to do her content you need to have selected to be a Blood Magus at the beginning? If so, then that's fine, but I do wish I could be a barbarian and get her at the same time.
Thanks for the kind words. Golem bug fixed for the next version.
There will be 5 class-exclusive relationships total. Rogue is the lucky one and he gets 2 (the sick girl and Xia), leader gets Kaliska, Blood Magus get Azar, and unfortunately I have yet to make the berserker's exclusive romance, because there is more stuff that takes priority for now (currently preparing a really big patch with a mystery plot for Kaliska).The class-girls exclusivity is unlikely to change, though there are more romances to pursue that are generic for all classes.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Am I a casual gamer if I can't beat this game and leave a one star review for this game for being too hard?
1 star just because you are bad at the game is not casual, it's stupid. Git Gud. The game was never advertised as easy to play for casuals to begin with.

Jufito

Sep 2, 2022
am i missing something or theodoxa's location is still not revealed yet? need to know which so this curiosity won't kill me

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks for the kind words. Golem bug fixed for the next version.
There will be 5 class-exclusive relationships total. Rogue is the lucky one and he gets 2 (the sick girl and Xia), leader gets Kaliska, Blood Magus get Azar, and unfortunately I have yet to make the berserker's exclusive romance, because there is more stuff that takes priority for now (currently preparing a really big patch with a mystery plot for Kaliska).The class-girls exclusivity is unlikely to change, though there are more romances to pursue that are generic for all classes.
Don't even remember who Xia is. And the Rogue girl is romanceable?? I think I've seen her like twice in my whole playthrough. Back to exploring I go.

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
Just for the record, I won't list down everything available in-game or small side-quests, like clearing out rats in a shop cellar or finding a child's lost necklace. It is just a list of things I think players could like to experience for themselves. I haven't experienced everything like Azar's 'evil' romance path (it's not my kind of thing, so I'll pass on that) nor did I try out 'Second Chance' foible. There's still loads of things to come across and discover, though. I can only recall a lot of things from memory during playing the game several times.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them.
Thank you for all of this. I'm going straight to wherever Dragon Tooth is supposed to be, I need to find an NPC that will tolerate my Rogue (other than Bloodfang).

Norkael

May 5, 2021
Call me blind but I really really really can't read the shape of the letters
I tried to and I failed completely call me blind if you want

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Call me blind but I really really really can't read the shape of the letters
I tried to and I failed completely call me blind if you want
if i remember correctly you can go to the folder you have installed the game, and then go to the folder named "Fonts" then you can ether Replace the Font's there whit another one, OR you can simply Delete them and the Engine will Default to a simpler one with a more Rounded lettered Font.

unfortunately i don't remember the exact files that affect what, so Backup before deleting/relapsing.

hope that is of help.

Reactions: Norkael

Norkael

May 5, 2021
if i remember correctly you can go to the folder you have installed the game, and then go to the folder named "Fonts" then you can ether Replace the Font's there whit another one, OR you can simply Delete them and the Engine will Default to a simpler one with a more Rounded lettered Font.

unfortunately i don't remember the exact files that affect what, so Backup before deleting/relapsing.

hope that is of help.
Thank you

Silent boy

Nov 16, 2023
...Why rating is so low? People are getting troubles at making a playable build? Too horny expectations? Poor things...

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Don't even remember who Xia is. And the Rogue girl is romanceable?? I think I've seen her like twice in my whole playthrough. Back to exploring I go.
Not Rogue GIRL, they're talking about the different MC Classes that ye pick from the choices at the start & some that can only be romanced with certain classes.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
The dev should add a warning either in the dialog or the quest log that Theodoxa is not yet added. Because i wasted nearly two hours goin through everywhere trying to find it. Also they should put similar warnings about end of content in the game when ye have reached as far as the game has progressed.

Reactions: bobbab
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes