• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

NotASkeleton

Jul 15, 2023
How to increase the perception stat?
Perception's a really beneficial stat to raise, you'll eventually see plenty of secrets and hidden items in several places. It's not easy to raise though. Some of the hidden items can be grabbed early on without needing Perception as well, you only need to memorize where they are for next time you play through the game.

Berserkers can start with 1 Perception.
The foible "Keen Eyes" gives you 1 Perception.
There is a potion called "Elixir of Perception", you can acquire two in-game. One as a quest reward from the mayor in Blackcry. One is past the slimes in Yudah Healer Union Outpost's basement.
Maybe there are a few more options in Hioni but I haven't investigated Hioni fully, if I have to admit it. It's a big game as it is.

EDIT: I've overlooked one more Elixir in-game, it's inside a sealed building south of Old Tolbana Ruins - you need to recruit Bloodfang first to open it. You will need to get past a huge chess puzzle inside to get to the chests at the end, one with Elixir.

Last edited:

Mazik0

Feb 17, 2019
Perception's a really beneficial stat to raise, you'll eventually see plenty of secrets and hidden items in several places. It's not easy to raise though. Some of the hidden items can be grabbed early on without needing Perception as well, you only need to memorize where they are for next time you play through the game.

Berserkers can start with 1 Perception.
The foible "Keen Eyes" gives you 1 Perception.
There is a potion called "Elixir of Perception", you can acquire two in-game. One as a quest reward from the mayor in Blackcry. One is past the slimes in Yudah Healer Union Outpost's basement.
Maybe there are a few more options in Hioni but I haven't investigated Hioni fully, if I have to admit it. It's a big game as it is.
Thanks mate.

Mocasenov

Jun 17, 2018
Hey, every time a open this chest in hikari's tomb this error pop up
chest.jpg error.jpg

Also, it's there any way to get magics other than foibles?

NotASkeleton

Jul 15, 2023
Does anyone know where the Yudah underground is? I'm so confused by it
If 'Yudah Underground' means Yudah Union Outpost, you can find it in the forests of Blackcry near Nuala's Camp. It has a few basement levels but you'll need to investigate the outpost and figure out the password to get inside the hidden basement. It's a easy one as you could look up it online or read the notes that it says "...you are expected to know every single bone in an adult male body." (If you have a few points in Academics, it'll tells you the answer rightaway). There are a few skeletons on the table which serves as a hint too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can try other answers for fun though - try checking out 13, 69, 256 and 666 entries.

Also, it's there any way to get magics other than foibles?
In the main menu, there's a option called "Temple" - every character have access to their exclusive Temple. MC can learn magic and skills from it no matter what class he is. Every class can unlock more magic/skills from reading book piles in Wisdom Towers (one near Dragontooth, and another in Hioni's west/northwest areas). One of the houses in Blackcry have a bookpile to read for free as well. Some of the bookpiles in the towers needs a few point in Lore to read them though.

In Bloodmagus' case, he'll usually learn magic spells from reading the bookpiles. Leaders have a few too but he'll learn more skills than magic. Rogues and Berserkers don't learn any, but Rogues does have a few skills that uses MP.

Reactions: PofB

NotASkeleton

Jul 15, 2023
Can someone tells me where I can hire the companions. I have been playing for hours and I can't hire anyone. Thank you in advance.
You'll be playing solo for quite a while, but you can get two permanent companions later on. The first one you'll recruit on your way to Blackcry - Hana.
(Be aware that going to Blackcry early will lock you out of Illfang's Mine and a party in Town of Beginning after dealing with Illfang, if you haven't done them yet. You'll get a warning message about Illfang in-game if you try to go to Blackcry early.)

After recruiting Hana, you'll unlock access to Hioni via ship travel in Urbus Docks. The second companion is in a snowy dungeon in northern Hioni region - Bloodfang.

The other companions are temporary for the duration of their quests/dungeons.

Jan 4, 2019
Well after playing for days I realise that two things, this game is broken as his name and that the dev does not play his own game, at least since the last update.

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
Was there another big update or am I mistaken? I have the ability to instantly kill enemies in the overworld instead of being forced to fight them. Or at least, I can instantly kill skeletons. I think I'm in a Yudah building with a hidden passage behind a bookcase.

NotASkeleton

Jul 15, 2023
Was there another big update or am I mistaken? I have the ability to instantly kill enemies in the overworld instead of being forced to fight them. Or at least, I can instantly kill skeletons. I think I'm in a Yudah building with a hidden passage behind a bookcase.
Judging from a quick dig in the files, the way they're set is that they trigger a encounter same as an random encounter - except that most (if not all) maps are free of random encounters, meaning they just chase you and disappear from touching you. Likely a oversight, as a result of removing encounters last year. To be fair, there are a lot of maps and events to go through and remove random encounters. They do have another condition of being defeated in one go but it needs 5 Intellect and the alarm off. It's a dialogue/study option but judging from your post, it doesn't sound like the case.

Other maps with skeletons (like Weissberg) works as intended, they draw from a bunch of scripted encounters instead of empty random encounters. The only map with random encounters left is Kawae-sa's private estate (date mission with Kaliska at the party in Town of Beginning). At least I think it's the only map with random encounters left, it would be a oversight. Plus I think she's supposed to join you temporary for the duration of the date but you're fighting solo and she's not following you.

Well after playing for days I realise that two things, this game is broken as his name and that the dev does not play his own game, at least since the last update.
Harsh but alright. I would ask you for specifics or what things bothered you the most but I can understand from digging through the game is that it's janky all over the place. I did think that it's a solid game, just filled with bugs and oversights. There really should be very few bugs that crashes the game - like that one minotaur cave but it is a optional place, and can be visited later after a fix... sometime in 2024.

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
Judging from a quick dig in the files, the way they're set is that they trigger a encounter same as an random encounter - except that most (if not all) maps are free of random encounters, meaning they just chase you and disappear from touching you. Likely a oversight, as a result of removing encounters last year. To be fair, there are a lot of maps and events to go through and remove random encounters. They do have another condition of being defeated in one go but it needs 5 Intellect and the alarm off. It's a dialogue/study option but judging from your post, it doesn't sound like the case.

Other maps with skeletons (like Weissberg) works as intended, they draw from a bunch of scripted encounters instead of empty random encounters. The only map with random encounters left is Kawae-sa's private estate (date mission with Kaliska at the party in Town of Beginning). At least I think it's the only map with random encounters left, it would be a oversight. Plus I think she's supposed to join you temporary for the duration of the date but you're fighting solo and she's not following you.

Harsh but alright. I would ask you for specifics or what things bothered you the most but I can understand from digging through the game is that it's janky all over the place. I did think that it's a solid game, just filled with bugs and oversights. There really should be very few bugs that crashes the game - like that one minotaur cave but it is a optional place, and can be visited later after a fix... sometime in 2024.
This is disappointing to read, I thought there would be some sort of invisible value that calculated your party's power and allow you to instakill weak mobs. Back to being assaulted by wildlife I guess.

BubbaJubbs

May 29, 2021

Try 2025 lol. I enjoy the game but I'm very skeptical that it'll ever be completed.

Umora

Apr 23, 2020
Don't be, I am working on it daily. I am just adding a LOT of stuff. If you keep up with the discord you'll see how many new updates, especially in the art department, the game is getting.
I respect that you are working on the game
But the last post in the “news” was half a year ago

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021
I respect that you are working on the game
But the last post in the “news” was half a year ago
News is only for the official announcements. Take a look at the adventurer pub (general chat) and Taxpayers' Court (if you have access to it, it's the Patreon chat). Those 2 are where I share most of my new stuff. (also obviously on Patreon).

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
I have a goal in mind. I don't know when I'll be able to get Hana skill points, the moment I do I'm giving her the "spot traps" ability. Screw making a build for her, and screw the Yudah building. My feet wet with blood from those spike traps.
Edit: I have finally found "Xia", one of the romance options ( I think?) in the Yudah building. Astoundingly, she has made the dungeon delve even worse.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes