Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i wish i was mistaken ,, when i saw they had 2 traits i was like W.T.F .... so i worte their names down ... and looked in the girls folder for their names to see if they had that .ini file to put on here and they didn't have any

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think I solved this. The trait generation algorithm doesn't account for 'opposite' traits, and outputs a list of trait names to be added. But actually adding traits to a girl does, and won't add e.g. 'Modest' to a girl who's already got 'Rowdy'.

I'll go and make a report.

how do i screenshot this game .. i tried the "s" but it sent me to the shop
In-game shortcuts said:
Native Ren'Py shortcuts still work, but have been replaced by shift+[key] where necessary.
So Shift+S.

Reactions: ImperialD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
well thanks for telling me how to screening them ,, here they are i hope you can see the traits in the lower left corner :)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, this confirms it. 'Rowdy' is one of the four traits affected by what I wrote above.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
That's weird, those girls have their original names, so they should also have a gold trait. Probably Jman found the bug, but if you can attach your save here it would be helpful.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That's weird, those girls have their original names, so they should also have a gold trait. Probably Jman found the bug, but if you can attach your save here it would be helpful.
I assume ImperialD is using both of the 'Keep first/last name' options, so these are just confusingly-named clones.:)

so are they good to use or no ?
You can use them, but they're sub-par, since vanilla girls don't get new traits as the game progresses. If you were playing Bonanza... Well, they'd still be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, but wouldn't be quite as crippled by this bug.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I assume ImperialID is using both of the 'Keep first/last name' options, so these are just confusingly-named clones.
actually no they are in the slave market , i stopped playing when they came up and telled to you guys

You can use them, but they're sub-par, since vanilla girls don't get new traits as the game progresses. If you were playing Bonanza... Well, they'd still be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, but wouldn't be quite as crippled by this bug
naww i think i'll pass on them

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
actually no they are in the slave market
I meant the (auto-)naming options under 'Game content', which apply to all girls, whether slavemarket, free or owned. It's just that most of us prefer to reserve the full name for 'original' girls, not their clones.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I meant the naming options under 'Game content', which apply to all girls, whether slavemarket, free or owned. It's just that most of us prefer to reserve the full name for only 'original' girls, not clones.
i'm almost 60 yrs old man i have no idea how to do that shit . lmao

souleye

Jun 8, 2020
need help this start apering after i try to replace the mods with new one T.T

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 51, in script call
    call init_game() from _call_init_game
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 197, in script
    python:
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 339, in <module>
    1 : Brothel(1, bedrooms = [1, 4], upgrades = [1, 3], cost = 0, max_rep = 120, max_help = 8), #, adv_value = 1, maint_value = 1),
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'bedrooms'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 51, in script call
    call init_game() from _call_init_game
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 197, in script
    python:
  File "C:\system72\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\system72\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKstart.rpy", line 339, in <module>
    1 : Brothel(1, bedrooms = [1, 4], upgrades = [1, 3], cost = 0, max_rep = 120, max_help = 8), #, adv_value = 1, maint_value = 1),
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'bedrooms'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.14
Sun Jun 28 23:51:25 2020

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
need help this start apering after i try to replace the mods with new one T.T
What mods? No mods are compatible with 0.2, and I think none are with the latest 0.15b, either. Bonanza does incorporate 0.15b, but it's pretty much a separate installation.

All in all, it looks like you're using outdated scripts, since the 'bedrooms' part of the Brothel class constructor has been deprecated for a while now.

Reactions: souleye

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
What mods? No mods are compatible with 0.2, and I think none are with the latest 0.15b, either. Bonanza does incorporate 0.15b, but it's pretty much a separate installation.

All in all, it looks like you're using outdated scripts, since the 'bedrooms' part of the Brothel class constructor has been deprecated for a while now.
Don't know his mods, but he's using ver 0.14 by the end of the traceback.

Reactions: souleye

souleye

Jun 8, 2020
ahhh i get it can you help please with the latest version for this game? i still have no clue for this version i just randomly download the game from the start of posting

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes