Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What am I missing here?
The fact that a lot of these values are templates used to populate default values when building game data. I.e. no effect until you start a new game.

Instructions for how to change certain values - specifically brothel capacity - for an ongoing game have been posted multiple times, both here and on HHS.

I also don't know what you're about re starting gold. Changing that very much works for me.

Edit: BTW, you very much can upgrade your brothel as far as it can go, story or no story. The only block you might encounter are some of the more obscure chapter 2 -> chapter 3 story requirements.

Last edited:

Ravenhide

Aug 28, 2018
The fact that a lot of these values are templates used to populate default values when building game data. I.e. no effect until you start a new game.

Instructions for how to change certain values - specifically brothel capacity - for an ongoing game have been posted multiple times, both here and on HHS.

I also don't know what you're about re starting gold. Changing that very much works for me.

Edit: BTW, you very much can upgrade your brothel as far as it can go, story or no story. The only block you might encounter are some of the more obscure chapter 2 -> chapter 3 story requirements.
Too bad the search engine for this site is balls and you have to input very specific keywords in order for anything to show up even remotely related to what you're looking for. I did manage to find the console command for it, since again, modifying the settings .rpy does nothing.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Too bad the search engine for this site is balls and you have to input very specific keywords in order for anything to show up even remotely related to what you're looking for. I did manage to find the console command for it, since again, modifying the settings .rpy does nothing.
...does nothing except in a new game.

So you probably found the discussion starting with Leortha's post, and here is my contribution in .

"Esc" or enter "exit" to leave console.

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Modifying BKsettings.rpy does what it's intended to do: change these values for all new games. If you have information to the contrary, that'd be a bug potentially in need of resolving and we'd like to see your changed .rpy file and your game version number.

There is, in fact, a whole thread on the BK home forum dedicated to this question. It's on page 6 right now, though, but skimming the titles would have given you that eventually.

Searching for the dictionary's name here in this thread gives you DougTheC's links, too.

Maybe it's not quite Google-level convenience, but it's workable enough.

xer332

Aug 9, 2021
Is there a specific way to find a slave after she runs away? Or do I just go to all the areas to find her?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not 100% sure for the latest and greatest, but AFAIR, yes. I think she stays in one place for a week, and there's a set period of time after running away when she's in hiding and can't be found.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Is there a specific way to find a slave after she runs away? Or do I just go to all the areas to find her?
Not 100% sure for the latest and greatest, but AFAIR, yes. I think she stays in one place for a week, and there's a set period of time after running away when she's in hiding and can't be found.
Yes, random (1 to 6) days before she can be found in one randomly selected from the locations in current districts (one location can be hidden).

Make sure you have room in the brothel for her when searching. An unsuccessful try to return her will have her probably move to another location (avoids continued blocking of the location's events by this high-priority one). Nothing I can see about any weekly movement.

Looks like she never disappears until you get her to return, or decide to forget about her upon finding her.

Last edited:

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Is it possible to get a girl to enjoy nudity so much that you can just have her be naked all the time? So far I've only been able to get them to go naked for a single day at a time.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes. Search around a little, this is practically FAQ material.

In short, what you need to do to get her perma-naked is basically more of the same.

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
The simple answer is, get her Fascinated with nudity, a Libido of 75+, and then train her once more in Nudity. It's technically a bit more complicated than that, but that's how I generally find it easiest to do.

Reactions: DougTheC

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
For those seeing delays with "blue circles" on the Girls screen, here is a tested likely fix for v220228, from HHS BK forum:

Save and quit the game, download then extract from this file into game/ folder with overwrite, (Edit: delete the file "game/BKmain.rpyc" to force recompile,) run game which recompiles, then load save & continue.

If you are not yet running update patch v220228, with "non-test" v0.2 game code, you need to install those from the HHS BK forum before copying in this replacement "BKmain.rpy" file.

The file has one change, the addition of "nopredict" option in the girls loop, resulting in:
Code:
call screen debug_pics(girl) nopredict
View attachment BKmain.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: zapiter and Inbdt

dualblades730

Nov 9, 2019
does the rollback button work in this game or is mine just bugged? I can't press te\he back button at all in any point of the story...

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Here is a FAQ for the current version of this game, Brothel King ver 0.2 Release.
It is partly based on the earlier FAQ written by Kite80.
Btw I'm not the game dev (in case someone thought that), just a player who decided to support it in this forum.

Note: The F95zone OP downloads should be up-to-date with some possible lag in submitting recent update patches. The latest version is always available from (v 0.2 Release), which must be followed by .

Q: Am I using the latest release/version?
A: On Feb 12, 2022, the pre-patch base code changed from a "ver 0.2 Test" to "ver 0.2 Release" set of code. Those using older versions, with "faq.txt" file dated before February 7, 2022, need to download and extract the full game again, before extracting the required latest update patch.

It is highly recommended not to overwrite your old game folder but to install it in a new location.
If using the same install folder, you'll probably need to delete "game/*.rpyc" old compiled files, which are automatically recompiled on running game.

For those with current base game code, the version number shows in the start menu, top-right corner, as well as in game/options.rpy like
config.version = "0.2 v220222",
with the part after the "0.2 v" being the yymmdd date of patch creation.

The latest patch is always available from
which has a upload date that you can compare to the yymmdd of your current patch.

(The F95zone OP patch download will lag latest patch sometimes, as a patch upload is usually requested only after the latest patch has been stable for a few days.)

Q: How do I install the game?
A:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Q: How do I update/patch the game?
A:

Q:
  • Why didn't my applying the patch fix what it was designed to?
  • Is there a problem if I ran a newly installed game before applying the update patch?
  • Could I have compiled-code date confusion?

A:

Q: Where do I put girl packs?

A:

Q: Some girls have special mods, what are they and how do I install them?

A:

Q: I get the message
Code:
if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
KeyError: u'default'
How do I fix this?

A:

Q: I have the goal in chapter 2 (second brothel) of "have x amount in the bank", which I have, and cannot advance. What do I do?

A:

Q: I have the goal in chapter 3 (third brothel) of "Rank up 6 girls to rank B and have x amount in the bank", which I have, and cannot advance. What do I do?

A:

Q: Is there a way to increase the maximum number of girls (brothel capacity) over 32 ?
(max bedrooms, max girls, max rooms, brothel size)

A:

Q: Is there a walkthrough?

A:

Q: How do I report an error?

A:

You can find a lot of mods and girl packs here: , and in the , which has spreadsheet pages for drawn and real girls, with download links on the right.

- Boa Hancock personal mod bugfix (_BK.ini & _events.zip)(extract in game/girls/boa_hancock folder)

Last edited:

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
If a girl has an unknown trait do you just have to wait for a random event to happen to try and learn what it is or can you get her to talk about it with an interact action?

Leortha

Jun 25, 2019
I assume you mean an unknown fixation/phobia, because traits are not hidden/unknown.

The most surefire way to figure out her fixations/phobias is advanced training. During this you can select up to three fixations/phobias to inflict on her in a given session, and if you hit one that she likes or fears it is unhidden.

The farm is also useful for figuring them out.

I know that for free girls you can get them to reveal their fixations and phobias during conversation, but I'm not sure if you can do the same with slaves.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
If a girl has an unknown trait do you just have to wait for a random event to happen to try and learn what it is or can you get her to talk about it with an interact action?
For those you need to wait for an event to happen. It can be 1 or 3 event. (Easiest way to get to know if you bribe the guild)

Reactions: __neronero

__neronero

Jan 23, 2021
For those you need to wait for an event to happen. It can be 1 or 3 event. (Easiest way to get to know if you bribe the guild)
Right, it's a random event which starts at extremely low odds, but becomes more and more likely to happen day by day.

While bribing a slaver is indeed the fastest way to discover the trait, it's also slightly more likely to lead to a negative outcome compared to the other options. Making this a bit more clear to players is certainly on my to-do list.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes