Ren'Py Brother In Charge [Sjoher] - Development thread

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Sjoher Do you plan to continue this? I believe it has a lot of potential.
I do have a plan to continue this yes.... The thing is I was introduced to Honey Select and how it works so I've been testing around in there to see if I can use that to put in images as an alternative to DAZ

This is going to be slow progress at least for now.... I guess you could put this as "On Hold" but not "Abandoned"

Reactions: firelord112

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
I do have a plan to continue this yes.... The thing is I was introduced to Honey Select and how it works so I've been testing around in there to see if I can use that to put in images as an alternative to DAZ

This is going to be slow progress at least for now.... I guess you could put this as "On Hold" but not "Abandoned"
Does that mean that you plan to implement honey select in this story? that could be interesting :unsure:

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020

Whaaaaaaaaa a honey select Brother in Charge?? Intriguing! Tho i suppose there will be set character an ages now mostly, but wasy to deal with a visual rep, this dark path should be nice hehe

Reactions: Baka!

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
moudy are you still working on this?
I really like it and would love to see it continued.
I thought about it a few times but haven't actually done much in a long time.

If someone wants to pick this up and continue with it, go ahead, if not I might pick this up and do something with it later this year (mid or late July)

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
I'm actually doing the same as the dev here (building my own game in renpy and keeping it text based) i think alot of people don't get that if you scrap the images from most renpy games what you have IS a text based game. My project is a dungeon crawler but will probably never see the light of day because i just wanted to see if it can be done.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
I'm actually doing the same as the dev here (building my own game in renpy and keeping it text based) i think alot of people don't get that if you scrap the images from most renpy games what you have IS a text based game. My project is a dungeon crawler but will probably never see the light of day because i just wanted to see if it can be done.
That's how I started this journey.... just to get a feel for RenPy programming and seeing if I could program something like this.

And I found out, that I can program and make it work and all of that.... so go for it, do it on YOUR terms and just throw it out there in the ether. If someone likes it, that's fantastic, if not, you at least made something.

Reactions: Malachite1789

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
you know that you are not making a game right? it's more like a E-Book.

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
you know that you are not making a game right? it's more like a E-Book.
I think it's more like a choose your own adventure book but with random encounters. which is how i see most vn's made with renpy.
i guess i just took the Visual Novel engine part of renpy's name more literally than most people lol

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
I think it's more like a choose your own adventure book but with random encounters. which is how i see most vn's made with renpy.
i guess i just took the Visual Novel engine part of renpy's name more literally than most people lol
the tags are good but...the only down side for me and most others here want's images and animation coming with the tags, it's also better for business in my point of view. but for everyone there own ofcourse.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
the tags are good but...the only down side for me and most others here want's images and animation coming with the tags, it's also better for business in my point of view. but for everyone there own ofcourse.
Not everyone is making a game to profit out of it

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote