Tutorial Abandoned Bypassing Mega's Limits with Mega Link Downloader and Psiphon3

Wrecker

Mar 28, 2017
- Discontinued -

Hey, since most of the games here are uploaded on Mega, I'm making this tutorial to teach you guys how to bypass Mega's download limit. Because I know that most games are uploaded on various servers, I also know that Mega's clearly the best, and I also know Mega's clearly the worst, we all know that, it offers good servers and great download speed, but the politics about it's download limit are pretty shitty.

OK, let's get started.

Requirements:
Steps:
  1. First, you've to download Mega Link Downloader, enter the link on Requirements, scroll down to Installer, and enter that goo.gl link that's there, it's a direct download:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. Then, you've to download Psiphon3, also from the link on requirements, scroll down to where it says Psiphon for Windows, on the Direct Downloads section:
  3. Install Mega Link Downloader, choosing any folder you like, and put psiphon3.exe on that folder too, just to have all in the same place.
  4. Open Mega Link Downloader, and click on Settings, then, set your Download Directory, I'll also put the Downloads on the same Mega Link Downloader Folder, so mine is E:/Mega Link Downloader/Downloads. Also, set the number of simultaneous download you want, and the Max. Connections Numbers, I think the second one optimizes download speed, idk really, but mine's set to 32, and 2 on my simultaneous downloads:
  5. Get your Mega link, for me, I'll download Summertime Saga [v0.18.6] [Kompas Productions] from . So, if you've Mega Link Downloader open, a tab will pop up, if it doesn't, or you closed the tab, go to Add Links, on the soft's main tab, then click Add.
  6. After that, select it on the upper list and click Start, if the download doesn't start, right-click it on the lower list and select Download, as you will see, mine says Over quota. Here's when Psiphon3 comes to the rescue.
  7. Open Psiphon3, I think it'll connect automatically, but if not, click on Connect, after that, the soft'll open a tab on your browser who'll say your IP, location and more, just close it. If connected, your Psiphon will look like this:
  8. Leave the soft open and head to Mega Link Downloader, click Start (or right-click download on what you want to download if the Start button doesn't work), and wait after you see Downloading on the Status column (with this only, you're already downloading the files, but as we're using a proxy, download speed will be almost worse than the one on Uploaded.net).
  9. Head back to Psiphon and click Disconnect, you can close it after disconnecting, if you want.
  10. Profit, you'll be downloading from Mega at your common speed.

Well, I'm not sure that this will work for everyone, but it does for me, as you can see in the last pic (actually the four games you see on Step 8 are already downloaded, hehe.
Let me knows if it worked for you guys, cheers!

Last edited:

Onatauo

Mar 9, 2019
Hey, since most of the games here are uploaded on Mega, I'm making this tutorial to teach you guys how to bypass Mega's download limit. Because I know that most games are uploaded on various servers, I also know that Mega's clearly the best, and I also know Mega's clearly the worst, we all know that, it offers good servers and great download speed, but the politics about it's download limit are pretty shitty.

OK, let's get started.

Requirements:
Steps:
  1. First, you've to download Mega Link Downloader, enter the link on Requirements, scroll down to Installer, and enter that goo.gl link that's there, it's a direct download:
  2. Then, you've to download Psiphon3, also from the link on requirements, scroll down to where it says Psiphon for Windows, on the Direct Downloads section:
  3. Install Mega Link Downloader, choosing any folder you like, and put psiphon3.exe on that folder too, just to have all in the same place.
  4. Open Mega Link Downloader, and click on Settings, then, set your Download Directory, I'll also put the Downloads on the same Mega Link Downloader Folder, so mine is E:/Mega Link Downloader/Downloads. Also, set the number of simultaneous download you want, and the Max. Connections Numbers, I think the second one optimizes download speed, idk really, but mine's set to 32, and 2 on my simultaneous downloads:
  5. Get your Mega link, for me, I'll download Summertime Saga [v0.18.6] [Kompas Productions] from . So, if you've Mega Link Downloader open, a tab will pop up, if it doesn't, or you closed the tab, go to Add Links, on the soft's main tab, then click Add.
  6. After that, select it on the upper list and click Start, if the download doesn't start, right-click it on the lower list and select Download, as you will see, mine says Over quota. Here's when Psiphon3 comes to the rescue.
  7. Open Psiphon3, I think it'll connect automatically, but if not, click on Connect, after that, the soft'll open a tab on your browser who'll say your IP, location and more, just close it. If connected, your Psiphon will look like this:
  8. Leave the soft open and head to Mega Link Downloader, click Start (or right-click download on what you want to download if the Start button doesn't work), and wait after you see Downloading on the Status column (with this only, you're already downloading the files, but as we're using a proxy, download speed will be almost worse than the one on Uploaded.net).
  9. Head back to Psiphon and click Disconnect, you can close it after disconnecting, if you want.
  10. Profit, you'll be downloading from Mega at your common speed.

Well, I'm not sure that this will work for everyone, but it does for me, as you can see in the last pic (actually the four games you see on Step 8 are already downloaded, hehe.
Let me knows if it worked for you guys, cheers!
Doesn't work, it still says over quota if you stop the software.

Wrecker

Mar 28, 2017
Doesn't work, it still says over quota if you stop the software.
Yeah, I've kinda forgotten about this thread, got patched some months ago, I'm still trying to bypass it and the best option I've got was the same method but replacing Psiphon3 with Ultra Surf. It's still patched, but when you get the Over Quota you can just activate Psiphon/US again and turn it off again when it starts downloading, over, and over, and over again, it's not efficient, but it's still better than downloading the file from a proxy or wait 6 hours to continue the download.

Anyways, got patched, so maybe the best is just using another server.

Cheers!

Reactions: Onatauo

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
any other option? help plz T-T
I get around the Quota limit by using a VPN...the 1 i use is ProtonVPN you can download it for free from here

Reactions: maurok7