RPGM - Completed - CabinVania [Final] [urkelfan420]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Mr. Cofman

I feel terrible just as my rating, because the game is charming, has a unique graphic style and okay story, but when you can easily stuck and be forced to reload the game, and when you don't understand if the game is bugged out or you are missing something that you can't find without a guide, this leaves you with a shitty feeling in your mouth.
    Though the game is good, I was unable to finish it and was forced to drop it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Dragons fucker

This hidden gem is a short nice "escape room" like game.

Being the first (and for now only) game made by this author, CabinVania captures the heart of those who play it with interesting puzzle, wholesome interaction between the couple you are playing as and, last but not least, well drawn sex scenes presented in a "hero comic" like way.

During the gameplay you can listen to catchy background songs and, if you are stuck, you can visit a hint giving bat in the living room for help, reachable by transforming yourself too into a bat and flying to the ceiling.

With the only real con present in the form of the strange way used to move your characters, this being a not so long game makes it bearable; in addition, the cute interactions present between the couple are such a pro that the movement isn't an issue anymore.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Time Killer1981

A very good game for the very first from the author. The artwork is pleasing to the eye, it's original and unique. I personally liked the characters and the story is just as good. The music blends seamlessly into the story. Hints are provided, so passing does not meet the problems. All items are used and there are no unnecessary, this is very good. The game is short enough, but I feel that the author, if he wants to, is capable of more.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

dw123

That's the cutest game here I've seen in a while. Not in a "big anime eyes nekochan" cute, but you'll get it once you try it. There are places where you could get stuck and there is no way other than closing and restarting the game, so save often. But still - excellent game, excellent story, excellent character design. Bravo.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ClickerQueen

As others have pointed out, there are a handful of bugs so you should make sure to save often. However i think I only encountered one actual game breaking bug (and a few other non-breaking ones). This game is well worth it, and you should play it. It's a puzzle game about a vampire and a vampire hunter. There's at least one puzzle with more than one solution, which is how I know the puzzles were designed well. You're meant to be able to work some solutions out through deduction rather than by simple procedure. That's a mark of good puzzle design. The story is delivered to you through a combination of in-game events and journal collections, which also develops the game's atmosphere and gets you attached to the characters. And I dunno, it's just really cute. I love this game. I supported it, and you should too so we can get a sequel or something.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ReMindED

I was conflicted between giving it 4 or 5 star but since it would be closer to a 4.5 than an actual 4 then it's better to go with 5.
    This is a nice "point-and-click" adventure game which takes around 1h-1h30 to complete.
    I only have a few minor issues with the game:
    - it's a bit buggy so it's better to save everytime you do something new so in case you get soft-lock you can get back to where you were.
    - Another downside is that I hoped this would be an actual point-and-click game you can play with 1 hand just with your mouse but instead you have to use your keyboard to move and access the inventory and your mouse for other stuff so that's too bad although I guess it would've been way harder to program it that way so I get it.
    - The hunter for all the salamander is a bit annoying since the effective mind control range isn't known so you have to spam it multiple times to cover the whole area.

Overall if you like those kind of old school games you will most likely enjoy this game, if you are here just for the sex scenes then look elsewhere.
    Last thing, while I feel like I managed to 100% complete the game it seems like some of the content with scenes attached to it is "optional" so make sure to do everything before you perform the ritual if you want to see... everything.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Greg_

What a charming little Point and Click adventure. Loved every second of it.
    Clearly, a lot of love was put into this, and it shows. Character interactions are absolutely endearing, art is most likely not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally love it.

Gameplay wise, you solve puzzles by interacting with the environment, collecting and combining the necessary items in order to achieve your goal.

It's not hard, if you pay attention, though I had my share of frustration too.

As others already stated, the game is buggy in that regard, that you can easily get stuck. If you don't want to lose progress, I too recommend to save often.

Minor inconvenience really, and I also have to mention the safe combination. I remember that the characters comment about the first time they have met as a clue , and that they must have written it down somewhere. Naturally, the journals full of different dates comes to mind, but actually that wasn't it, so don't waste your time like I did. ( To avoid misunderstandings, reading them is not a waste of time, since nice backstory, but trying to open the safe with those numbers is)

Game is a unique gem, worth the hour (or less depending on how good you are at these kind of games) you put into it.

Highly recommended.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Eevee4Vendetta

Charming gem of a game, would recommend for anyone.

I found myself enjoying the non-erotic content as much if not more than the erotic content. Save often, as the game does have some bugs that get characters stuck in places they shouldn't be. I hope this is just the first step of the author's path.