mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
That's exactly what I did, just like in any other rpgm games I can't help clicking almost every tiles and trying every options given when available. I checked the piercing in the mirror before actually getting a piercing.

Not a programming expert but I guess using the mirror to change piercing when you have none and that you're not "pierced" and selecting "no piercing" overide the "nipple/belly/nose pierced = true/false" variables and directly set "piercing item for said body part = none" or something along these line with the names you use for your variable/trigger.

Another thing I noticed is that in the brothel when meeting a "worker", beside the first encounter, the following ones stay with black screen and text only, but the cg are correctly unlocked in gallery.

Solution would be to add another "not pierced" state to "equiped piercing" variable or a new "if pierced = false" check directly to the mirror script, whatever fit better for the way you set your game.
The bugs related to this are mostly a result of trying to keep old saves compatible while adding new features to old content. Originally I just used a variable to track each piercing, but to make them removable/re-equippable at will, I needed a way to track ownership of each individual piercing you buy (that's why we now have them as key items in the inventory) as well as a way to differentiate between not wearing a piercing (but having the holes already made) vs just not having the piercings at all. This was further complicated by still needing the variable to track this stuff, because I used the variable in events to sometimes write different dialogues based on whether you have a piercing or not.

Anyway, the mirror has two sets of interactions based on whether you discovered the pocket dimension or not, and I hadn't updated the post-discovery interactions, that's the specific problem and why the fix wasn't complete. I should eventually rework the mirror entirely, to avoid this issue, but it's hard to find the time to work on making my life easier, when the game still needs more content. -_-

The issue was with Liu at the brothel, right? It will be fixed for version 0.94.

Reactions: Stompai

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
does anyone have a list of the keyboard shortcuts or this game?
Let's see. The more "unusual" keybindings are "CTRL" to hide/show the dialogue box, "W" to skip through dialogue fast (and outside of dialogues, to quickly bring up the spell menu). Q is for bringing up the quest log. Note that these are for the default keys on the keyboard, but you can rebind them in the F1 menu (also, if you use a controller Q and W are L and R, respectively).

I think everything else is standard RPG Maker fare. If you are casting spells on the map, escape first de-selects the current spell and gets you out of spellcasting mode, before bringing up the menu like usual, but that's the only other unique situation, I believe.

Reactions: Fyo

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is reaching Lenara the end of the content in 0.94? Was anything else added in the new release or is that it?
If you have seen the scene with Alec before chapter 5, then that's it. The quest there changes based on whether you asked for help to Alpharius too many times or not, and has a few secrets (like the possibility to skip the first of the two fights), but there shouldn't be anything extra you missed, in a single playthrough.

Making all the maps took a lot of time (since I didn't do some preliminary work during the previous months, like I did for the temples, and I underestimated how much this would take me), and some puzzles are more complicated in the execution than they might appear. There is also some work that got cut out, because I was going to need too much time to get it to a point where I could leave it available for the public (chapter 5 is going to have some big political events for the empire).

SubbySophie

Jan 1, 2018
Sorry if that came off rude, I just wanted to know if there was any side content left as the changelog is a bit vague, I feel that this quest is really well done and will replay to see the other variation. Can't wait to see what's happening next!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Sorry if that came off rude, I just wanted to know if there was any side content left as the changelog is a bit vague, I feel that this quest is really well done and will replay to see the other variation. Can't wait to see what's happening next!
Oh, don't worry, it didn't sound rude at all, but I feel a bit disappointed myself, since I didn't manage to get more work done (or at least sneak in some sexy scenes XD), so I wanted to explain how things went.

Reactions: crapfest and Fyo

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
Hi, just wanted to comment on your patreon post about Detective Alexandra Bates. I really like the premise but please bear in mind in "Manila Shaw" you can play a 100% justice route and not fall to temptation. Anyway, what could work in your story is to provide the protagonist with gray choices or no good choice at all which could increase or not her corruption or remove her inhibitions. More of this below so that you don't have to read a wall of text :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope you might find some of those ideas interesting to incorporate in one way or another.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions. In theory, this won't ever get too complicated (it's a minor story meant as a bonus for patrons willing to pay just a little extra), but I can see some of the ideas being useful (some I already had in mind when I started it). This isn't meant to be a recreation of Manila Shaw (in fact, I kind of wanted to write this story because I felt the game didn't do justice to the premise), so I am not going to look at it for further inspiration.

Ashanyra

Oct 29, 2018
Good morning, i've installed the game currently new and now have the problem with the following failure.
1. Can't find "Vl Gothic Font" (okay, i create a file with "Font") and now it works.
2. Unable to find Audio/Decision3
It's possible, that there are missing some folders or files in the newest installation?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Good morning, i've installed the game currently new and now have the problem with the following failure.
1. Can't find "Vl Gothic Font" (okay, i create a file with "Font") and now it works.
2. Unable to find Audio/Decision3
It's possible, that there are missing some folders or files in the newest installation?
The game needs you to have the RTP installed:

Let me know if this fixes the problem. :)

Reactions: Ashanyra

MrNoice

Feb 19, 2019
So question, I'm not sure if this was asked already or not but, do you plan on making a scene replayer rather then the current gallery system?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So question, I'm not sure if this was asked already or not but, do you plan on making a scene replayer rather then the current gallery system?
The current gallery will always be available. As for a full replay system, it seems unlikely at this point (that's something I would have needed to work on from the early stages, to track the scenes appropriately and to isolate them from the game's logic, to avoid issues), but I want to expand the masturbation choices (which is basically a replay function, but just for a few scenes, not all of them). I'd like to have the replays, but it's a lot of mindless work, it's hard to justify doing that over adding new content.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
As usual, the monthly update is here. The free version is always available at my . Here is the , as well.

I hope you'll have fun. :)

SubbySophie

Jan 1, 2018
As usual, the monthly update is here. The free version is always available at my . Here is the , as well.

I hope you'll have fun. :)
Hey mdqp, just started trying out the new update, one of the Jin scenes seems to have some clipping issues in the art.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hey mdqp, just started trying out the new update, one of the Jin scenes seems to have some clipping issues in the art.
Oh crap! Thanks for the report. I'll fix it right away. If there are no major bugs, I won't release another hotfix, however.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes