mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
As we are slowly running out of numbers approaching 1.0, is there a timeline when Caliross will be 'done'?

I don't want to get back into it now before it is complete, but it seems that in 2021 we went from 0.989993 to 0.9939878
We are getting there. The main elements still missing are:
  1. Chapter 6 (this has been slowly developed behind the scenes, so it's not something I have to do from scratch);
  2. A quest to wrap up the Outcasts/mana stone smuggling/kidnapping threads (those are all part of one story);
  3. The final quest for Golden Leaf;
  4. A quest or event to finish the Zanti LoM rivalry (I might cut this one, and just use the result of the various quests we got to determine which one "wins";
I am considering making a push for chapter 6, to finish it early, and hopefully in 3-4 months we handle all the stuff in this list. There are still a few minor things to do, and some which could be time-consuming, but maybe I can push them after a 1.0 release, we'll see.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
As we are slowly running out of numbers approaching 1.0, is there a timeline when Caliross will be 'done'?

I don't want to get back into it now before it is complete, but it seems that in 2021 we went from 0.989993 to 0.9939878
There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1.

Reactions: Massah and mdqp

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
You can't even be confident it'll be finished given infinite days, because infinite days is countably infinite while the numbers between 0 and 1 are uncountably infinite.
I'll just leave this here:

:whistle:

Reactions: ilmncsm

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
Taking a bath in your home seems to be bugged. Tried it after starting a new game on the first night. After jumping in it just keeps looping the "take a bath?" option over and over and selecting yes just repeats the bath scene and selecting no does nothing.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Taking a bath in your home seems to be bugged. Tried it after starting a new game on the first night. After jumping in it just keeps looping the "take a bath?" option over and over and selecting yes just repeats the bath scene and selecting no does nothing.
Ah, I see what's going on. This will be fixed in version 0.996. Thanks for letting me know! :)

The bug wasn't found before, because it only triggers if your inhibitions are higher than 95 (actually, the scene doesn't loop, it just "forgets" to erase the image at the end, so when you try to move past it, you are interacting with the map under the image, triggering the bath again).

Reactions: RMelton

blackbeard

Jun 2, 2017
After you saw the spider lady at the temple (and stayed for the whole thing), you get another scene if you visit the temple again. Once you do this, you must research her at the royal library (more libraries are planned, but for now that's the only one which allows this). To enter the library, you must get permission from the emperor, either by being part of his Harem, be on friendly terms with him or by completing the quest related to mana stones smuggling he mentions.

At this point, it should be easy to follow the quest to completion.
I'm trying to do this... but I can't seem to find the emperor or the royal library. Help!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'm trying to do this... but I can't seem to find the emperor or the royal library. Help!
To do that, you must become a noble first (and if you are a noble, you must talk to your valet about buying a carriage to go visit the castle). CTRL+F in the walkthrough for "The Prodigal Son", a quest available in chapter 2, which opens up the opportunity to become a noble (it also has a link to the next quest you'll need to follow to become a noble "Noble Goals").

blackbeard

Jun 2, 2017
To do that, you must become a noble first (and if you are a noble, you must talk to your valet about buying a carriage to go visit the castle). CTRL+F in the walkthrough for "The Prodigal Son", a quest available in chapter 2, which opens up the opportunity to become a noble (it also has a link to the next quest you'll need to follow to become a noble "Noble Goals").
facepalm... OK. I didn't realize "noble" would close after ch 3. I'm stuck. dammit.

• Sad
Reactions: mdqp

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Can someone pls tell me how i'm suppose to get the ponygirl path since i'm a Werewolf...? :/
Short answer: right now you can't, sadly. If I add the werewolf path to the list of paths you can reverse, then you could burn a wish on that, but currently that's not an option.

what happy endings are planned for Erica?
In general, the main story will have a happy ending for Erica, if you complete it. I am thinking about giving players the option to break out of some of the mind control before the final chapter
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other than these two, everything else will feature as either a "slide" or a scene as the ending rolls over. The idea is to give players a rundown of what happens after the events of the game, kinda like old Fallout games. I'll give a brief blurb about each city first, and then talk about the important characters in each one, with their epilogues being different IF there are enough interactions in the game to justify it.

For example, Janet will appear in the ending, but she will get different outcomes based on how much mana stones you gave her, and if you help the Archmagus in effectively disabling Gears or not. This quest also has its own endings, since they are major events and so on.

I think I'll stick with Erica's personal endings at the end. Stuff like if she has become the Empress, or if she is just the emperor's lover; if she still works under Sonya's control at the Queen of Hearts, from time to time, and so on.

The one thing I am not sure is about your love interests. As in, should I just roll with it like I did with the rest of the game and feature all of them without restrictions, or should I make it more "special" by making the players pick which one they settled down with, at the end. I think there are arguments for both, maybe I'll have a poll on Patreon about it.

Akaba333

Oct 23, 2018
I'm replaying this game for the first time since a long time.
I like the new content, the main issue i pointed out back then was the menu colors,i can barely see if a menu is highlighted, but i have some trouble with my eyes so i don't know if it is the case for everyone.
I would suggest allowing the player to change the background colors of the menus if you want to keep the ones you have.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'm replaying this game for the first time since a long time.
I like the new content, the main issue i pointed out back then was the menu colors,i can barely see if a menu is highlighted, but i have some trouble with my eyes so i don't know if it is the case for everyone.
I would suggest allowing the player to change the background colors of the menus if you want to keep the ones you have.
You can change the background color in the option menu (hold shift together with left or right when doing so, to change it faster). It uses RGB values (kind of) to tint the back of the menus.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
so the merchant slave path is either a "bad end" or a reset of the quest so it's like it never happened ?

not fan of this setup , why not having her choose to continue her aventure but still stay loyal to her master and have a repeatable scene when you come back see him , better than erasing the entire quest from the canon story

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
so the merchant slave path is either a "bad end" or a reset of the quest so it's like it never happened ?

not fan of this setup , why not having her choose to continue her aventure but still stay loyal to her master and have a repeatable scene when you come back see him , better than erasing the entire quest from the canon story
Yes, that's how it is. I think it doesn't make sense for him to let you go around, considering how I wrote him. Plus, I'd also need to change the way you are enslaved too (you are "legally" enslaved, and your properties are sold off, which of course would be a problem to keep playing). Finally, there is a limit to how many branches I can realistically write, and I decided this was enough for the path, so it's unlikely I'll ever pick it back up (outside of writing some content for losing the slave contest).

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Yes, that's how it is. I think it doesn't make sense for him to let you go around, considering how I wrote him. Plus, I'd also need to change the way you are enslaved too (you are "legally" enslaved, and your properties are sold off, which of course would be a problem to keep playing). Finally, there is a limit to how many branches I can realistically write, and I decided this was enough for the path, so it's unlikely I'll ever pick it back up (outside of writing some content for losing the slave contest).
oh ok thanks for answering , as long as every path don't end like that it's good

also on a other note: THIS GAME NEED MAPS ( or at least faster speed to explore faster )

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
oh ok thanks for answering , as long as every path don't end like that it's good

also on a other note: THIS GAME NEED MAPS ( or at least faster speed to explore faster )
There are a few paths that allow you to keep playing, don't worry.

As for maps, which are the areas that are wasting too much of your time while exploring? Tarkas (the starting city) has a few fast-travel spots around, and there are some forms of fast-travel between cities, but if you have something specific in mind, or some suggestions, do let me know.

I'd rather avoid making the protagonist faster if possible, since people might start having trouble with being precise if you go too fast (also, it might affect certain puzzles, so it would be annoying to change them as well). By the way, do you have your character set to always dashing, or are you using the SHIFT key to run?

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
There are a few paths that allow you to keep playing, don't worry.

As for maps, which are the areas that are wasting too much of your time while exploring? Tarkas (the starting city) has a few fast-travel spots around, and there are some forms of fast-travel between cities, but if you have something specific in mind, or some suggestions, do let me know.

I'd rather avoid making the protagonist faster if possible, since people might start having trouble with being precise if you go too fast (also, it might affect certain puzzles, so it would be annoying to change them as well). By the way, do you have your character set to always dashing, or are you using the SHIFT key to run?
All area need map with the name of each buildings on it
Pretty easy to use a plugin to take a screenshot of a entire map , and then you just add a number for each place on the big picture and a list of all numbers in the walkthough

It's not that I waste my time exploring, but this game is sooooo BIG that it's hard to remember where each place is even after being there many time , and some map are just big labyrinth, the forest for example, I've been lost 20min in here...

For the speed, I enabled "always dash" but still too slow, something like 20% faster would be better, and don't worry for having trouble with being precise, even at double the actual speed it would still be slow enough to keep being precise , and even if some people ( very few ) don't like the new running speed, you can always walk instead of running if you lack precision at some point and use run only when you don't need precision
also, we're all gamer here so I don't think anyone would have trouble being precise with a keyboard even at very high speed
( maybe create a pool and ask people what they think about it ? )

Maybe change the walking speed to the actual running speed and then add 50% or double the running speed, that way people who want to keep the old speed can just walk at the old running speed and people who want to go faster can run at the new speed

I've even see devs put a way to adjust the speed you want directly in game
but if you say that it could break some puzzle... better not do it
( or remove all puzzle , because let's be honest, nobody ever said "what I prefer in sex games are puzzle" :ROFLMAO: )

at some point I will probably try a speed hack with cheat engine and hope it doesn't break the game too much

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes