mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I see. I guess I could consider adding some maps to the walkthrough, it doesn't seem like a huge amount of work. No promises though, I hate working on the walkthrough already as it is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As for the speed, you'd be surprised at how uncomfortable it might be for some, although the game also has walking, so between that and dashing it could be fine. Still, I am not going to go back and mess with the puzzles. There aren't that many that involve movement and strict timing, but they are numerous enough that it would be a real nuisance to recalibrate, so I'll keep the speed as it is.

You can however change the speed in-game, if you are willing to use my debug tool (it's the item called "travel sphere" in the key items of the inventory). Make sure you save before using this, just in case you interact with something you shouldn't, but in the first room you are teleported to, you should find a copy of the protagonist to the north-west, and it allows you to set the movement speed to either "normal" or "fastest". You might have to re-do this every now and then, because sometimes I change the player's speed for cutscenes and other reasons, and afterward it's set back to normal.

Again, you'd be surprised, but a decent number of players actually like my games more for the story and the gameplay, as weird as it sounds! XD

Reactions: YetAnotherGamer

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
I see. I guess I could consider adding some maps to the walkthrough, it doesn't seem like a huge amount of work. No promises though, I hate working on the walkthrough already as it is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As for the speed, you'd be surprised at how uncomfortable it might be for some, although the game also has walking, so between that and dashing it could be fine. Still, I am not going to go back and mess with the puzzles. There aren't that many that involve movement and strict timing, but they are numerous enough that it would be a real nuisance to recalibrate, so I'll keep the speed as it is.

You can however change the speed in-game, if you are willing to use my debug tool (it's the item called "travel sphere" in the key items of the inventory). Make sure you save before using this, just in case you interact with something you shouldn't, but in the first room you are teleported to, you should find a copy of the protagonist to the north-west, and it allows you to set the movement speed to either "normal" or "fastest". You might have to re-do this every now and then, because sometimes I change the player's speed for cutscenes and other reasons, and afterward it's set back to normal.

Again, you'd be surprised, but a decent number of players actually like my games more for the story and the gameplay, as weird as it sounds! XD
oh thanks for the info, I will test that next time I play

the story is great, that's the most important part in a game like that ( well just after sex of course )
the gameplay.. it's rpg maker so you can't make miracle.. but except for the slow speed, for now I find it pretty fun and not too hard to play ( thanks walkthrough )

also I like the few reference you've out in it like the place that send you mad from the 12 task of Astérix

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
oh thanks for the info, I will test that next time I play

the story is great, that's the most important part in a game like that ( well just after sex of course )
the gameplay.. it's rpg maker so you can't make miracle.. but except for the slow speed, for now I find it pretty fun and not too hard to play ( thanks walkthrough )

also I like the few reference you've out in it like the place that send you mad from the 12 task of Astérix
If you like old Zelda games and puzzles in general, I think this isn't too shabby (it is an RPG Maker game, though, that definitely restricts some of the design a bit), but then again, I am the dev, so I am probably biased.

Glad you like the reference! That scene always cracked me up, so I snuck the reference in. I actually don't have as many references in Caliross as I did in my previous games. Those can be pretty fun for me, maybe I should add one or two more.

Reactions: Nayko93

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
If you like old Zelda games and puzzles in general, I think this isn't too shabby (it is an RPG Maker game, though, that definitely restricts some of the design a bit), but then again, I am the dev, so I am probably biased.

Glad you like the reference! That scene always cracked me up, so I snuck the reference in. I actually don't have as many references in Caliross as I did in my previous games. Those can be pretty fun for me, maybe I should add one or two more.
I've tried to set the speed to fastest in the debug room but I don't see any difference walking or running

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I've tried to set the speed to fastest in the debug room but I don't see any difference walking or running
Ah, crap, you are right. I think I changed it for a test of mine and forgot to set it back for the intended purpose. It's an easy fix, but it's going to be added to version 0.96, which means it's going to go public only a month or so from now.

Reactions: Nayko93

Harleking31

Jan 6, 2022
Quick question; I have completed The Prodigal Son quest up until talking with the stripper, but I can't follow it from that point on. The papers didn't appear on my dining table. Am I being an idiot? I've tried to go over to Solina too, but nobody told me anything about Bald guy

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Quick question; I have completed The Prodigal Son quest up until talking with the stripper, but I can't follow it from that point on. The papers didn't appear on my dining table. Am I being an idiot? I've tried to go over to Solina too, but nobody told me anything about Bald guy
Let's see: You should talk to the artist who makes statues (near the city gates), the stripper, and the inn's bartender. Did you speak to all of them? Until you interact with the papers, you can't go to Solina to continue the quest.

Harleking31

Jan 6, 2022
Let's see: You should talk to the artist who makes statues (near the city gates), the stripper, and the inn's bartender. Did you speak to all of them? Until you interact with the papers, you can't go to Solina to continue the quest.
I did

Artist, bartender and stripper, right?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I did

Artist, bartender and stripper, right?
Yeah, that should be the order, to get all the necessary questions about the events. Did you ask all the questions available to the artist and the bartender? That's the only part I could imagine being missed somehow. Maybe try talking to them again.

In the questlog, the "Try to find someone who knows more." objective isn't green, right? If it isn't green, you have missed one of the key conversations. If it's green, then you should get a cutscene when you take a few steps inside the house (and you get teleported straight to the dining table with the papers on it).

In theory, it's possible you don't get this cutscene right away, if it's "interrupted" by other events (like, if you are involved with the guards who try to drug you, or if you are a cowgirl but have missed too many "mandatory visits" to the barn), something I should probably change (also, if you cheat and teleport back to your house, you might skip the tile that triggers this cutscene, I guess).

Harleking31

Jan 6, 2022
Yeah, that should be the order, to get all the necessary questions about the events. Did you ask all the questions available to the artist and the bartender? That's the only part I could imagine being missed somehow. Maybe try talking to them again.

In the questlog, the "Try to find someone who knows more." objective isn't green, right? If it isn't green, you have missed one of the key conversations. If it's green, then you should get a cutscene when you take a few steps inside the house (and you get teleported straight to the dining table with the papers on it).

In theory, it's possible you don't get this cutscene right away, if it's "interrupted" by other events (like, if you are involved with the guards who try to drug you, or if you are a cowgirl but have missed too many "mandatory visits" to the barn), something I should probably change (also, if you cheat and teleport back to your house, you might skip the tile that triggers this cutscene, I guess).
So I was an idiot

Good to know

10/10 game, going to chapter 3 now

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So I was an idiot

Good to know

10/10 game, going to chapter 3 now
Well, anyone can miss a thing or two here and there. XD

Anyway, I am glad you like the game and that you managed to move forward with the quest. Out of curiosity, what was the issue?

Harleking31

Jan 6, 2022
Well, anyone can miss a thing or two here and there. XD

Anyway, I am glad you like the game and that you managed to move forward with the quest. Out of curiosity, what was the issue?
So I had completed the quest correctly up until the innkeeper in one save, loaded another and completed the stripper section there. That's why I had the clear memory of talking to the three, but the cutscene wouldn't trigger

• Haha
Reactions: mdqp

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
What's the Pregnancy Content in this game?
If I remember correctly: Getting pregnant eventually keeps you home-bound for a bit. When you give birth, you can see hypothetical scenarios for if you kept the baby, which vary depending on the father, but you can't actually keep the baby. I think the human ones get sent to an orphanage you can visit?
I might be wrong. I haven't played in a bit.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So I had completed the quest correctly up until the innkeeper in one save, loaded another and completed the stripper section there. That's why I had the clear memory of talking to the three, but the cutscene wouldn't trigger
Damn, I see. XD No wonder it was confusing.

What's the Pregnancy Content in this game?
If I remember correctly: Getting pregnant eventually keeps you home-bound for a bit. When you give birth, you can see hypothetical scenarios for if you kept the baby, which vary depending on the father, but you can't actually keep the baby. I think the human ones get sent to an orphanage you can visit?
I might be wrong. I haven't played in a bit.
You are more or less on the money. When you are home bound, you get different activities and places to visit, but you don't have free roaming until the pregnancy is over. If the baby is a monster, it goes free, if it's a human, they go to the "orphanage" and you can visit them there. Technically, you aren't giving the babies away, however.

TheGabbaGhoul

Nov 24, 2018
What the hell do you even do to get stronger or get more money in this game? There are no random encounters that I can see so how the hell do you grind?

Jul 28, 2018
What the hell do you even do to get stronger or get more money in this game? There are no random encounters that I can see so how the hell do you grind?
You...don't? I mean, there's a very few ways to improve a couple stats, and they improve a bit between Chapters, but otherwise there's no grinding to do. If you need to you can build up some money and buy some better equipment, but that's a one-time thing. Ignoring save editing, save-scumming the roulette wheel at the Queen of Hearts is my preferred way to get cash.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes