mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is there any way I can send you a log file or anything? It's not happening with any other program or game, and there is a weird other thing that happens when I click out of the game, then in again to focus it, suddenly the menu selection goes up a few notches.

Or maybe I can look at the log myself if I can find it.
Searching a little about this, it seems a problem caused by driver conflicts:

Read through these threads, then see if you have any peripherals you can try unplugging to see if it helps.

Reactions: Orphanus

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Any plans for a way to purchase the complete game on Steam or something?
Nah, I kept the game free so far, so once it's completed I'll just post that version to the patrons first, and then later to the public, as usual. To put the game on Steam, even if I did it for free I'd have to pay something (is it around 1000 bucks?), so I am not going to do that.

So, um, any changelog for 0.9993?
If you check my patreon page, there is a link to the changelog there.

Looks like someone other than the dev uploaded the patreon version.
I figured the current arrangement worked just fine (the month delay is hardly a delay, when it's regularly updated, and I release the game for free specifically for those who don't want to contribute or can't afford it), but I guess not everyone likes it.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
To put the game on Steam, even if I did it for free I'd have to pay something (is it around 1000 bucks?), so I am not going to do that.
$100 smackaroos. See: .
I think you could even set it up with a DLC or something for those that might want to donate funds that way if you wanted to go that route. Sierra Lee did with her magnum opus game, The Last Sovereign.
Also, any new TotDC-2 news? :D Btw, you've come a looooong way since the time before the game when you were still thinking about various game engines for this project, a time even before F95 was around in fact! Time sure flies, huh mdqp? It must've been an interesting journey. I hope you had a lot of fun along the way while developing this, my guy. Cheers, bro!

Edit (for clarity; original post not modified): Everything after the smiley above was in reference to Caliross. I should have put that down first before mentioning TotDC-2, an entirely different game being developed by mdqp. I apologize for the confusion. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Nah, I kept the game free so far, so once it's completed I'll just post that version to the patrons first, and then later to the public, as usual. To put the game on Steam, even if I did it for free I'd have to pay something (is it around 1000 bucks?), so I am not going to do that.

If you check my patreon page, there is a link to the changelog there.

I figured the current arrangement worked just fine (the month delay is hardly a delay, when it's regularly updated, and I release the game for free specifically for those who don't want to contribute or can't afford it), but I guess not everyone likes it.
Yee...it's not as if the Patreon version comes with anything the free version doesn't have (like access to QoL tools, extended scenes etc.) so it feels a bit petty to "leak" that, in this case. Hope you don't let that get to you, I can recall a few cases where the Devs clearly were pretty disappointed/down because of it and that just feels shitty, especially when they already give their game away for free here. :/

Reactions: Back

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I think you could even set it up with a DLC or something for those that might want to donate funds that way if you wanted to go that route. Sierra Lee did with her magnum opus game, The Last Sovereign.
Also, any new TotDC-2 news? :D Btw, you've come a looooong way since the time before the game when you were still thinking about various game engines for this project, a time even before F95 was around in fact! Time sure flies, huh mdqp? It must've been an interesting journey. I hope you had a lot of fun along the way while developing this, my guy. Cheers, bro!
Would you look at that? I thought it would be more expensive. Maybe I should put it there, although I can't imagine selling it, if Valve doesn't mind, I guess I could make it free.

I didn't know F95 was so recent (although it's more accurate to say "I didn't know F95 didn't exist a LOOONG time ago XD). Speaking of TOTDC in general, I should release an update for the first one soon, fixing a bunch of bugs for both the browser version and the RAGS version (as well as adding a few things, and making it possible to copy/paste the data at the end, to continue the same save in TOTDC 2). I am actually waiting to hear back from the person who helps me with the browser version (he has been busy lately), or the update would have been released already.

As for TOTDC 2, it's slow going, per usual (I have little time for it, and in recent months I have tried to not overwork myself), but in theory I should have the first closed testing soon. There are a lot of things I'll need feedback on (readability, UI/UX, music selection and so on), but I think I have something solid already.

Yee...it's not as if the Patreon version comes with anything the free version doesn't have (like access to QoL tools, extended scenes etc.) so it feels a bit petty to "leak" that, in this case. Hope you don't let that get to you, I can recall a few cases where the Devs clearly were pretty disappointed/down because of it and that just feels shitty, especially when they already give their game away for free here. :/
I mean, it does feel petty, but ultimately that's the same reason why I am not too disappointed. As you said, the versions are the same (just with a month's delay), and I fundamentally want to release the game for free, so it's not a big deal, just a "bruh" moment. XD

Reactions: Back and Orphanus

umbra94

Mar 11, 2019
I hope he doesn't put stuff on steam cause it blocks that kind of content for certain regions

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I hope he doesn't put stuff on steam cause it blocks that kind of content for certain regions
I'm not sure I follow your logic here. How would that affect *anything* besides, y'know, people in such regions not being able to get it off Steam - which *nobody* would be able to do if he didn't do it in the first place...?

Reactions: Back

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Just to avoid any confusion: the game would still be available through the usual channels (my patreon, my blog, itch.io, any forum which hosts a copy of the game), putting it on Steam would just be another venue to share the game.

Dec 14, 2019
The most recent versions have launched in full screen at a low resolution and end up messing up window placements and resolution settings on my PC as a whole.

Any way to force it to boot in windowed?

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
The most recent versions have launched in full screen at a low resolution and end up messing up window placements and resolution settings on my PC as a whole.

Any way to force it to boot in windowed?
I have never really had that problem, but press F1 and you get the option to tick it to window mod.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
This one is pretty damn great! I think my goal to play her as a lesbian and not get dicked at all. Maybe a futa later down the line, but no guys allowed :D made the game way more interesting, but I do have to commend the dev for me to be able to do this for 7 hours now. It's pretty fucking cool and fun. Same compliment goes for the character variety (female) I did interact and try to romance yet.

World-Building sounds interesting as well. I do hope all the Lesbian Mindcontrol stuff (found two routes going this way) won't be leading to a Bad End, however. And I got stuck finding a way into the second Temple, but I take stuff being fun to figure out and varied gameplay over the crap gameplay I got tortured with by Lust Epidemic, ngl.

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Sorry if this is a double post now. But either i'm missing something or, i'm blind. A rather simple question. I thought....
But what are the quests I need to complete to progress to chapter 3? This is my quest log and at this point I do not have any idea how to progress or where the hell Rahib nor the Dragoon even could be on the map. I was expecting that quest to be optional, ngl...

The game blocks me from writing into the diary, so there has to be something I need to do! And I was for the longest time thinking it has to be gaining entry into the upper floor of the Royal Library, but now i'm starting to doubt that.... I did get the spell book from the female white haired mage in the Mages guild. Hell, I even loaded a save where I still had it and went into the royal library with it in my inventory again, just to make sure...

Caliross Questlod ch 2.png

(The walkthrough doesn't really help me due to missing info on what exactly a "rare magic book" even is, let alone where or at least when I'm supposed to find it. My guess by now is it has to be something way later in the game, maybe even towards the end of the game.)

Oh, and I completed the second Shapeshifter temple as well. So if there is somebody who can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful! Had fun with the game until I hit this wall, but now I can barely make any progress... -.-

Jul 28, 2018
But what are the quests I need to complete to progress to chapter 3?
You need to fully explore the second temple. If you don't have the quest The Missing Link in your Journal you've missed something. The thing you need isn't hidden, but is missable.

This is my quest log and at this point I do not have any idea how to progress or where the hell Rahib nor the Dragoon even could be on the map.
Rahib is the large city to the west of Tarkas, across Cornelius' Pass. In Chapter 2 you'll need to either get a merchant pass and go through the northern fort or pay one of the transport wagons or sea captains to bring you there.

I was expecting that quest to be optional, ngl...
It is.

(The walkthrough doesn't really help me due to missing info on what exactly a "rare magic book" even is, let alone where or at least when I'm supposed to find it. My guess by now is it has to be something way later in the game, maybe even towards the end of the game.)
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it at present.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: PeteHanson

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
It does, thank you!
But I might've encountered the next problem, and I think that is a game breaking bug. I got swept up in a fight after encountering a camp on the map, entering a wagon and fought my way outside a cave. I got some explanation about the bridge incident.... And the game put me in the throne room in front of the emperor. I can not leave, nor talk to anyone besides two guys, one of which vanishes when I talk to him. :D

Shots: Caliross Gamebreaking Bug Questionmark only normally interactable NPC in this room.png Caliross Gamebreaking Bug Questionmark vanishing NPC 2.png Caliross Gamebreaking Bug Questionmark Guards won't let me leave.png

I also compared an older version of the game I still had lying around. 0.989 to the current one 0.9993 I'm playing on, and on the old version the room didn't even have the second npc visible at all. So yeah, I assume this is the end for that story path...

Not gonna lie, having to load the save right before I got here sounds like a pain in the ass, so for now this will be it. I do make my way through the second temple again later today or tomorrow, so thank you for that at least. :)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
It does, thank you!
But I might've encountered the next problem, and I think that is a game breaking bug. I got swept up in a fight after encountering a camp on the map, entering a wagon and fought my way outside a cave. I got some explanation about the bridge incident.... And the game put me in the throne room in front of the emperor. I can not leave, nor talk to anyone besides two guys, one of which vanishes when I talk to him. :D

Shots: View attachment 2088348 View attachment 2088350 View attachment 2088351

I also compared an older version of the game I still had lying around. 0.989 to the current one 0.9993 I'm playing on, and on the old version the room didn't even have the second npc visible at all. So yeah, I assume this is the end for that story path...

Not gonna lie, having to load the save right before I got here sounds like a pain in the ass, so for now this will be it. I do make my way through the second temple again later today or tomorrow, so thank you for that at least. :)
That's my bad, the camp you encountered should become available only much later, during a quest, that's what messed the events at the royal court, so you should go to a save before the camp, if you have it available.

I'll get it fixed soon (TM), thanks for letting me know!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
This one is pretty damn great! I think my goal to play her as a lesbian and not get dicked at all. Maybe a futa later down the line, but no guys allowed :D made the game way more interesting, but I do have to commend the dev for me to be able to do this for 7 hours now. It's pretty fucking cool and fun. Same compliment goes for the character variety (female) I did interact and try to romance yet.

World-Building sounds interesting as well. I do hope all the Lesbian Mindcontrol stuff (found two routes going this way) won't be leading to a Bad End, however. And I got stuck finding a way into the second Temple, but I take stuff being fun to figure out and varied gameplay over the crap gameplay I got tortured with by Lust Epidemic, ngl.
Ooops, I hadn't noticed this post. Yeah, you should be able to avoid men for the entirety of the game, if you want nothing to do with them. You might want to make sure your willpower stays high, for the rare occasion where it might matter to refuse. Sonya, Beatrix and Kira don't have bad endings (I assume you are involved with two of these characters).

Seems like you got help with the rest, sorry again about the bug!

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes