Ren'Py - Completed - Callisto [v1.00] [Xavster Gaming]

1. 5.00 star(s)

korte7

The cumshot animations are hands down the absolute BEST especially facials in the captain's cabin. And that right there is the reason of my first ever review (having played dozens and dozens of adult games).

Story, characters, atmosphere, renders are excellent. Sex scenes are otherwise good, maybe there could have been a bit more of them, or they could have been longer with more positions, but that's just nitpicking.
    I liked how
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Hyméros

Excellent, brilliant, fun, sexy, with a real story very written. The quality of the work is stunning. The mecanics of the game are not so simple as it seems, but it's the goal. Waiting for the new adventure !
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BrownEyesYellowMan

The Mass-Effect/Star Wars AVN that so many dream of achieving, but ultimately fall short of.

The game doesn't take itself too seriously or too casually and is ultimately a fun experience. Definitely a recommendation if you're too bored with generic harem stories
  4. 2.00 star(s)

-Yor-0728

I must say, it could have been a 4 star rating, but the end of the game takes away 2.

There are many endings, and all of them are bad, I mean, if you are going to make a game with several endings, at least do it well.

As for the quality of other aspects, the characters are well designed, the map and the setting are also good. As for the sandbox... it left a lot to be desired, I say it's not bad, but it could have been better...
    The story, well generic like most, I say obviously it is already very difficult to cover very original topics, but at least put a little more effort into it in terms of what is developed in it. I will give you an example if you have finished playing a game with a space story, of a protagonist doing missions, saving waifus, getting them; then you go to this game... and the development of the story is the same... well meh.

In particular I would not recommend it, but I would not say that it is a bad game, of course it is my point of view that qualifies it, when a game is bad, I comment that I do not recommend it, but in this case it is not bad for no Recommend it, but not good enough to do it either.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ditzlover

Very good story, and backstory for the main cast of characters, each with a unique backstory. Very interactive and sandbox-y for a visual novel game. Overall pretty good visuals. My only negative comment is that sometimes the lighting isn't the best.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

PapaPhat

Callisto is by far the best first game from any AVN dev, ever!
    Exploration is required to reveal all of the content and there is no hand holding. Make a lot of saves and if/when you get stuck please ask any of us who frequent the forum here for assistance. I've played a multitude of AVN games and particularly enjoy those where player choices make a difference. Callisto is top of the mark in that respect. The character renderings are flawless, the animations are smooth and detailed, the story is unique and brilliant even though it does deal with some tried and true tropes like the good guys vs the bad guys. There are plenty of grey areas to explore and lots of choices that will affect how the story is revealed.
    This game is not a typical anything. It is a rare, unique gem with a brilliant story and wonderfully developed characters. If you need help, ask in the forums here. You will likely receive multiple replies rather quickly. If you don't like this title, please don't be mean. We all respect your right to your own opinion. No game is perfect. However, I still love Callisto even after a dozen plays and I still return again and again. This is one hell of a grand adventure!
    Adventure ever on my friends, Phat :cool:(y)
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2553135

Was easily a 4 star game until the endings.

Story: Better than average.

Characters: A majority of characters were bland or had no character development/plot, but 2-3 of them are quite good.

Sandbox: Not bad (I enjoyed it), but can easily get repetitive

Endings: Very disappointing. All the endings are short, uninteresting, and not fulfilling. Also, I would rather have each ending longer than have the reunion at the end, where you see and hear that your other LI are with other people now. Each ending should solely focus on that character, and not included the stupid reunion.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Catwashere

This game has a good amount of content and takes some time to beat, the races are unique and have a good design to them. I do like the story and options that are in the game. The MC has a crew of all females that try to make money and save the galaxy.

Characters. 9.5/10
    Art/renders. 8.5/10
    Story. 9.5/10
    Sex scenes. 8/10 For me it needed more anal and some rimjobs but for others it may be a 9/10.
    Worth playing and hope the dev makes more games. They deserve support if they decide to keep making games.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

ProtoJoto

This is a decent sci-fi sandbox game, with a lot of planned story events that you can engage in when you want: at least at first. Later in the game, these thin out, and you no longer get to choose when to advance the story: it just happens once in a while, without warning. You set course for planet X, and arrive at planet Y to experience the next event. It is like your crew mutinies every once in a while, but you don’t let it bother you. Then it is back to the grind: repeating the same shipboard scenes over and over until the next mutiny.
    All the grinding almost made me drop the game, but I’d come back to it for an hour every once in a while, and finally reached the ending: which is quite well done. I would rate it five stars but for the pointless forced grinding.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

xa0

Pros:
    + Cute and well made models
    + Good and very sexual animations
    + Developed characters
    + Great story

Cons:
    - Not many sex ecounters with side characters and crew beside 4 main girls
    - Sex scenes are really great but they quickly get too repeatable (at some point clicking on blue stars is waste of time and there are not many of them)
    - Gameplay focuses heavy on making money but there's nothing interesting to be bought

Mission parts are ok. But It would be really really great sandbox game if there were more actions and interactions in the free roaming mode. Like more stuff to do with girls in different parts of ship (and I don't mean talking), more ship upgrades, maybe some clothes and toys to buy and then train girls sexually, more ecounters and events on planet surfaces outside missions...

But hey... It's still very good game to play.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

_Alexandru_

Renders and animation
    The music that goes along with the game is nice and interesting. There is a bit of grind, but not too much.

Story
    Placed in a Star Trek kind of universe the story got my attention. As the game unfolds we get to know the story of few more species and planets. The main story is linear and it was interesting to see where it will go. What I really enjoyed is that some girls have an actual character development, they are not there simply to please MC. They have some traits that they develop, they grow. (Tifanny and Lia mostly). Discovering their backstory is also cool.

Girls
    While all gils are humanoid, it was interesting to see few differences in their colour and exterior appearance. We get the chance to have sex with plenty of them but the petite, normal type of body is encounter at most of them.

Gameplay
    I enjoyed also the econimic mecanins. Nothing too complicated and it really add up to making this game a bit more realistic per se. The scavaging is not used that much. The moments where another ship hunts you where predictable but part of the game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

justsum

BRAVO!!! Well done! Thank you for this wonderful ending to a wonderful game! I enjoyed playing this game from day 1 to the finale.

The updates were not overly to long between, The art was awesome, the story line was fantastic. I loved the entire game!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

ahahlberg

One of the best out there in my mere 6 months experience with this form of entertainment.
    Excellent animations. Complex story with mostly believable twists and turns. So far, several days worth of engaging play and entertainment.
    Only downside is somewhat repetitive sandbox play that seems to be mostly filler to wait for the next phase of the story or some pseudo-random event to take place. The wealth accumulation through trading doesn't really seem to have any point to it other than busy work.
    But overall the way the game is structured it's fairly easy to try out the decision trees to find a better outcome - meaning there don't appear to be many trapdoors with deadends.
    And there are some nice backstories for almost every character you deal with repetitively.
    The game appears to be one of the most solidly designed and executed games within this genre. Would definitely want to see more from this authoring team.
    As to only four versus five stars - you can't enter a 4.8 so far as I know - it's not perfect but it's one of the 2 or 3 that come closest that I've seen so far.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Fred689

Almost finished playing the game and have to say it has been quite a nice ride. Took me a bit to find the how's and who's out but overall I liked the experience.

Nice little story, good renders, MC who acts and behave like a man (most times), interesting life stories of the chars (heck even a robot who doesn't want her memories wiped :ROFLMAO:).
    Different well rendered locations, different emotional situations; some did make me laugh, other were kinda sad (Kara's and Rachel's backstories).
    And.....we've got space combat and, even Jerry the mouse (Sam's pet, who is a robot btw ) plays an important role in defeating the Krillen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway I've enjoyed the game, it's one of the better out there and I will certain follow the developer's new game.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Nico Odin

Only 4 stars because I didnt like the Sandbox-System without it it would be the full 5 stars.

Positive:
    - Story, Sex-Scenes and Charactes are very good.

Neutral:
    - You cant have a monogamous relationship
    - besides from the ending it was a harem game but at the end you must choose one Girl

Negative:
    - You cant speak with Sam
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Shaqjor477

A beautiful game, lots of options and ways to play, but a little repetitive after a while. Nice sex scenes, with a challenge of keeping everyone happy. I do wish there had been a harem ending, but I understand the reason for excluding it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TheLargePickel

Incredible game. A few points to make.

Story and characters were phenomenal.

Gameplay was fun, but it was sandbox, which isn't inherently bad, but it made it difficult and time consuming to play the game through multiple times. Had a pretty cool economic feature in it, but the money you earned was near useless, which you don't learn until the end of course.

From what I can tell, despite being promised sex with Nyobi, it never happened.

Never got to boing Tiffany's mom. Lame.

No harem ending. The worst fate a game can have.

Looking forward to any new games from Xavster.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

DenimRat

Gameplay: Sandbox point and clicker, choosing between locations and choices. However, there is no gallery, and that keeps this out of 5 stars.

Writing: Funny with a good plot.

Art: While the models are good, I felt the character design was rather simple. In this massive universe, with all kinds of races, the characters you romance are basically all human. Lia is a caucasion human with tattoos, Kara is a blue human. Alice has a unique face marking, but they remove it when you start her romance, making her a regular caucasion human.

Audio: Occasional music and sound effects.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

stateOfMindX5

Ideally I would give this a 3.5 if I could since there are some real issues with the game, but I'll just round it up due to the amount of content. Here goes:
    • Story: The story is decent to good. I do feel the prologue should be an unskippable part of the game, since you miss out on a lot of context without it.
    • Characters: The main girls are generally interesting, with just a few misses, SAM the robot is underutilized, while Julia the doctor is not truly explored. Side characters are also decent enough. Still feel there is not enough intra-companion interaction, which used to make games like Mass Effect feel like truly lived-in worlds.
    • Gameplay
      • Sandbox: The sandbox seems empty. The trading is a bit shallow, while the salvage and its special moments seem few and far between. Could have just as easily worked as a visual novel.
      • War Systems: While not occurring very often, there are some interesting things here. If only they were better explained, this part could have been much more engaging.
      • Choices: Choices matter, so I'm happy.
    • Graphics: Not the best, but not too bad either. Quality varies from time to time.
    • Animations: Generally OK, though some are very choppy.
    • Lewd: What's there is good to great, I just feel there isn't anywhere near enough for a game of this length. In the first act there is enough, but in the second and especially third acts, it feels more like space-western first and foremost, with some lewd scenes sprinkled in. Wish there was more here.
    • Enjoyment: I enjoyed this game overall, apart from some scenes where the story dragged on a bit.
    I would still recommend this game, but please be aware that if you're looking for lots of lewd content, this game under-delivers. Otherwise, a solid game and time well spent.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

abconline

Callisto gives a nice Mass Effect vibe in the first hour, but the more you play the more it feels like 3 episodes of Star Trek stitched together. There are too many characters for the plot, too few interactions between characters, and the gameplay (money and relationship mechanics) feels tacked-on, bareboned and laborious to navigate. Very nice setting, rarely seen utilized for adult games, but unfortunately this is a miss for me.