camera positioning

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
One of the problems I've been having with my renders is for animations or series of renders where I want the camera position/angle/zoom to remain exactly the same for every shot but still need to adjust poses/positioning for the actors in the scene. I typically need to move my view around, zoom in and out, etc while doing that so I can see what I'm doing but then I lose my camera position. I've tried creating a camera when I get to exactly the view I want to render from but it always puts the camera at the zero position instead.

I want to be able to move the view around for that camera, zoom in/out/etc until the scene looks just the way I want, then save the scene. Then I want to be able to load that scene, center on that camera and have the view be exactly the same as when I was rendering before I exited. Same goes for after I move my view around to tweak posing positions.

None of the tutorials I've seen so far show me how to do that but there must be an easier way than loading up one of my renders and trying to guess what position to put myself in so that the perspective is "about" the same. For a series of still shots it's ok if it's only close but for an animation it really needs to be exact.

szakirari

Aug 3, 2017
Bro, place the camera anywhere you want then change the view from camera to perspective view and watch the magic happen.

PS just in case you don't know [I'm assuming that because of this silly question] after posing everything the way you want, you got to change the perspective view back to camera 1/2/3/orwhatever.

Reactions: khumak

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Yeah once you get your camera in the right position never move around it, always switch back to perspective. I always copy the camera, sometimes twice, as back ups because it is easy to forget. If you want adjust things in the same view as the camera, copy the camera and call it temp cam or something, and use that one for adjusting.

Reactions: khumak