VN Ren'Py CAMP Dev Thread

Jun 7, 2024
Another early Thursday post for you guys, and some solid progress!

This week I finished up the second handjob animation for Jane's scene, and have made solid progress through her first blowjob animation. There was a LOT more awkwardness getting that set up and going but I'm pretty happy with where it's at so far, although I want the loop to be quite a bit longer. Also I somehow managed to wipe the textures on the dick out, but fortunately this is just a test environment so I'm not too worried about that being messed up for this weeks preview.

Additionally, I started work on getting the free roam events implemented. This all turned out to be incredibly simple, although will require a few additional still renders, although they'll be incredibly easy to get done since it's just rendering the interactable objects on a blank background for the clickmaps. With progress in that, the last major hurdle before the engine side of things is ready is creating the phone, which will likely be the hardest implementation I've worked on so far, although I don't expect it to be too difficult.

Finally, I have completed those 79 remaining renders, and a few more to boot as there were some things I wanted to extend, placing us at zero static renders remaining for this update! With that, all of my work is now focused on these animations, and getting ren'py smoothed out.

Anyway, enough ranting, here's this week's preview, the current state of the blowjob animation, I've also included the start of the animation as well since I don't want to leave you guys with just a short loop as proof of life!

Reactions: VNwhiteknight
Jun 7, 2024
Hey guys! Late Thursday post this week, spent today out all day and I'm just rolling back in now!

Bit of a lackluster (visually) update this week, as almost everything I've completed has been back end work and getting things up to snuff. I intended to split work evenly between animations and code but I ended up delving way too deep on getting the programming done for the update.

But that's also where the good news comes in! As of 6 AM yesterday morning, the SFW beta test for my game is out with a few people who I personally know, and the release is feature complete. I need to add a background to the gallery, but that's the only thing that's currently unimplemented, other than smut animations! This means that once I'm done with work on animations, the public release will follow VERY quickly after. I spent a fair bit of time picking out music and UI elements, tweaking things, and getting the important bits set up. I originally cooked up my own phone system from scratch, then decided I hated it and grabbed BadMustard's. Spent a bit of time fixing up some issues with that, tweaking it for my game particularly (Adding a task room and improving the music gallery) and cutting out the parts I don't intend to use. Ended up grabbing his gallery by coincidence as well and started familiarizing myself with that.

On top of that, I learned the basics on setting up the free roam system, and completely implemented that. I spent a bit of time debating if my travel arrows were too visually cluttering, but honestly I've played enough games where I've spent an embarrassingly annoying amount of time looking for the button to let me go in a direction that I'm trying to get, so I'd rather them be too loud than not loud enough.

It's super exciting after all this time to have something playable in the hands of my friends who I've been telling about this, and it's been really nice to finally get back to doing a bit of programming, even if it is pretty basic work! I'm sorry I don't have anything particularly visually appealing to show off to you guys this week, but I'm insanely happy with the progress that was made this week and can't wait to get this game in your hands! Pictured in this weeks previews is : The Custom Music Room (You can click tracks in here to play the song of your choice, and the track list is scrollable), custom UI tweaks, and a little look at the free roam selection process.

Hope y'all have a nice week!

Jun 7, 2024
Hey everyone! Incredibly short notes on this weeks update because for once there's not much to talk about.

Got feedback from a few people on the game, mostly stuff I expected so no major changes fortunately. Other than that I've been grinding away at animations. I have 4/6 of my planned animations completed for this update. As I've previously mentioned, I'm not incredibly experienced with this work so there's been quite a few growing pains, especially as I get into more explicit stuff and away from simple handjobs and blowjobs. I'm a decent ways into that fifth animation, and its current state will be this weeks preview. I didn't quite set it up to loop correctly, and I need to repin her hand, and set up the male character's hands and his movement. I'm also not quite happy with the camera angle and need to make tweaks to her expressions but I'll see what I end up doing about that once I've got a more complete render.

Getting the body to move in a somewhat natural way has been a giant pain. At first I tried manually posing the breasts, but the results were too floaty. Then I tried a few different tools. Shout out to BoobJig and eRAutoBreastAnimator in particular. BoobJig ended up being too movement heavy for the speed I'm going for right now, but it's definitely going to be sitting in my resources. eR didn't give the results I wanted at first, but after giving up on it, trying manual again, and then going back I think it gave the best results for slower movement.

Sorry if this week seems a bit empty in terms of progress, honestly a LOT of my dev time this week was just me sitting around waiting for an hour for a 90 frame 360p test of my animation to render, and then a few minutes of tweaking before waiting again. While I probably spent more active computer-time this week on the project than any other week, it's probably the shortest amount of "actual time I spent doing stuff" as a solid 95% of everything was just hurry up and wait.

In short : Here's this weeks incomplete animation, any feedback is appreciated as usual and thank you everyone who bothers to read these, or just checks out the thread in general! See you all next week!

Edit : Whoops, wrong test render! Fixed it

Jun 7, 2024
One last time for the road, hey folks!

As I mentioned at the start of posting here, this thread has kind of acted as a space for me to post stuff that will be patreon-centric once the first chapter of CAMP is out, and provided everything goes to plan and there are no last minute issues that I am made aware of, this will be the last one that I personally share here. Obviously I know what kind of site this is, and that most, if not all of my posts that are slipped onto patreon will eventually be pasted here if things are successful, and I don't plan on leaving the site as this community is the entire reason I'm even making a game in the first place. However this is likely the last post being written for the f95 dev thread specifically. Who knows, maybe everyone will hate the game, I'll get no patrons, and I'll scrap everything and make another thread here, but for now I'm going to remain hopeful that once you guys get a hold of the game enough of you will deem it good enough to donate a dollar or two every so often.

Onto the status update : I've finished my 6 planned animations for the update, written the surrounding events, and am in the final steps of implementing them into the game proper. I've also began shooting the second set of Extra photos, which are just non-canon photos unlocked in the free roam events by doing mundane tasks like clicking a few pieces of trash. In the future, the content of these events will be voted on by patrons, but for now they're just two pretty simple sets featuring some characters that I feel didn't receive enough attention this update, to lure you guys into the trap of liking them a little more. I want to leave the second set of extra photos a secret, so this weeks attached photo will be a 4k shot from the scene I previously teased of Ellie in the jacuzzi. I also worked on scratching out the few bugs that were reported to me, particularly one where I had flipped a variable increment which lead to the MC being a dick if you were trying to be nice, and vice versa, whoops.

(Hopefully) One last time, thank you all who have read this dev thread so far, and to the people who have reached out with their support. I can't wait to get this game in your hands!