Ren'Py - Camp Hill Range [v0.04] [Prickly Team]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Ramsay_Bolton

The game is in an incredibly early stage despite being in development for more than a year. While interactions and story is kinda interesting, there are very few sex scenes. I'd recommend waiting for a couple of patches before trying or you'll get blue-balled.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

JackassJeff

Playing this current build (v0.04) of the game, I have to say that there isn't much content yet. It's still in its early stages, so I won't be too harsh in my judgment. However, it's been over a year and there are literally no sex scenes apart from one with a prostitute. There are only about three more scenes, and they involve the love interests masturbating. So, I wouldn't recommend playing this game right now. Give it a few years and hope that the developers don't abandon it. The content is still in its introductory stages, and the relationships with the girls are just starting. I doubt anything major will happen unless the developers step up and provide big updates with good progression and more sex scenes. But for now, don't expect much anytime soon. Still, the game does show promise, and I do like the art style.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Camp Hill Range [v0.04]

Pros:

Art-style

Cons:
    writing
    dull story
    too slow-burn
    UI
    mini-games

Conclusion:
    I really struggled with whether I should rate this game 3* because it's "fairly" early in development, or if I should give it a 2* rating.
    The game looks really nice, I like the art style and wish more would use it.
    It's weird that people complain about the art style, when it looks good.
    Other than the art style, there's not much I can say positively about this game.
    There are just a few nice premises in the game, like the relationship between the principal and the girl and the secret relationship with the blond chick.
    But it's such a shame that this game is just so incredibly lackluster.
    For a game that is now over a year in development, there's just nothing going on, that is that interesting.
    It feels like there is no progress here, and it doesn't give me a reason to keep following this game any further.
    You are basically at the start of getting to know the girls and have to complete some tasks that just feel really boring and unrewarding.
    There are no sex scenes, except with a hooker. Other than that, you can jerk off on a girl in exchange for cigarettes.
    There is pretty much no story here except a few premises.
    Another thing that I don't like is that there's no rollback in this game, or even a auto function.
    This game just feels way too bare-bones, and I can't see how it will ever go forward.
    These are the reasons why I think that this game deserves 2* max, and I feel that the 5* ratings are just incredibly dishonest and are more about "potential," which is an overrated term anyway, and just don't reflect the current state accurately.
    I don't want to be discouraging, but there's just nothing that makes me excited about the next updates.
    The game has a decent foundation, but the content is just way too lackluster.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Markbestmark

excelent game. interesting plot. nice graphics.
    so I've just played 004 update. took me like 40 minutes of gameplay to do it with 1 path (good guy). worth giving a try and I see a big potential in this game and dev. good luck
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Artificial_Station

incredible game, art 10/10, fun, you don't even see time pass, the sad thing is when it ends, but it has the potential to be as great as its "competitor" summertime saga, and I hope it is, I just wish this dev every success and that the project is not abandoned
  6. 3.00 star(s)

GNVE

My biggest gripe with this game so far has been the UI. The dev made many decisions that aggravate me. Rollback has been disabled, the 'H' key has been disabled and right mouse button brings me to the menu rather than straight to the save menu. A lot of Ren'Py basics are there for a reason and it is annoying when they are missing.

On top of that there is a sandbox that I'm not entirely convinced needs to be there. Maybe once development progresses it may make more sense. As far as sandboxes go it is at least pretty easy to navigate.

The English is average. You can easily follow the story but conversations are very staccato. the sentences don't have a natural flow. There are some spelling and grammatical errors but eh, nothing to bad. Tip to the dev: Use Word (or similar) to spellcheck your script. This will catch a lot of issues.

The art used in the game is quite lovely. I like the backgrounds and most of the girls. The main protagonist feels a little off for some reason but I have a hard time explaining why.

The story is mostly an excuse for getting the girls naked rather than interesting on its own. This is not a bad thing just an observation.

I do think there are better games overall with camp settings but that doesn't mean this one is bad.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

365 others

I get why there are so many comments comparing this game to the summertime saga, but I don't agree with them. Even tho the art is similar, it's not the same, and to be fair there are tons and tons of games/vns on this site that use the same models/scenery over and over again, so even if they were reusing the same models as the other game I don't really get what the issue is with it.

Having said so, I really liked the art, and the story is catchy. I think the concept of the characters and the game is very promising, but I do find one point that makes me worry about the game: over a year of development there´s been 3 versions top, and in all honesty, there is barely any content on the game so far.

Considering the previous factor, I worry about the dev being able to keep up with the development of this game. I hope the scarce deployments are due to some work on the game engine or something because otherwise, it seems to be a task too heavy for the game dev.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this game, and I hope the time proves me wrong and the dev ends up publishing a masterpiece.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for Camp Hill Range v0.04:

The quantity of content was already light and the changelog from 0.03 to 0.04 looks weak. Save games from 0.03 are broken. Updates take over 4 months. I think new players should give the game a shot, but it doesn't look like returning players should bother downloading and playing more than once per year.

Previous review for v0.03:

Overall: 3/5 - It's a decent game that's worth trying, but there's not much content and you'll likely only want to play every 2nd or 3rd update.

Renders: 5/5 - I really like the more western artwork. It almost has a 3D-like feel to it. There are some odd things, like why does the MC's backpack look like it belongs to a 5-year-old?

Story: 3/5 - Pretty much cookie-cutter summer camp stuff, full of stereotypes, but so far, there's not much story.

Writing: 3/5 - Sometimes it's OK, other times it's awkward. Translation inconsistencies, I think.

Content: 2/5 - For a 3rd release and a year of development, it's way light on content and that's a bit of a red flag. The only sex in the game right now is an handjob and unprotected sex with a prostitute (ewww) for disposable/filler content. Everything else is teasing. I'd guess the game is less than 10% complete after over a year of development and, being a sandbox, it will only get more complex. You do the math.

Gameplay: 4/5 - I'm not a big fan of sandbox games, but this one is definitely better than average. So far, there aren't many locations available, but navigation and controls work well. On the downside: it really needs a dedicated button to go to sleep because otherwise, it takes 5 clicks. The minigame to make money is lame. Rollback is disabled which is super annoying if you accidently click past a line of dialogue. Pressing "H" to hide the textbox is disabled, although you can do it with the mouse, there's really no reason not to have both.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

bismism

Game is competant enough. Didn't particularly stand out to me in terms of story or scenes, but it's certainly not the worst WEG around. Has a decent premise that could probably stand on it's own with some more polish.

I am, however, going to doc some point for the art. Very obvious trace job going on here, and I'm not a fan of the rendering/shading used to deviate from the originals on top of that. They aren't the first to do this, but I'll grant that at least an attempt to do more than just pose trace to flat colors was done. Would rather they try to be original, though - if I wanted STS's art, I'd just play STS. There's a comment in the thread that goes into this complain with more specificity, if anyone cares.

Genuinely don't do this to be discouraging, but there's a lot of be said for projects with the confidence to stand on their own instead of in the shadow of something else. This has a perfectly usable baseline, so I hope they expand on that and build something good in the future.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Jonathan0009

I'm giving it a 5-star rating because of the potential.

Idc if people are saying if this is a copy of Summertime Saga or some other game, but it feels fresh and new, with the art being similar to the beautiful art we got in Summertime Saga. I love a good 2D game, especially with big boobas, so no complaints from me.

As of now (0.02), there isn't a lot. There's a good amount of characters and a nice amount of nudity. But the game feels smooth (not like a lot of the wonky RPGM games out there). The game runs smoothly, the sounds and UI are satisfying, and the minigame (as of now, there's just a trash picking one) is quick and easily farmable, even though there isn't much reason to farm money.

I hope the developer keeps this game going. I'm sure it will receive a following if he keeps updating (not just farming money like Summertime Saga), adding new stuff, and first of all getting some juicy content in there. I'm tired of waiting 6 months for 3 scenes in Summertime Saga, so if this game can replace it, I'll happily be here for it.

Good luck and keep up the great work, and don't listen too much to the people on this website; there are a lot of degenerates :)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

CptValor

so after playing the game I feel you have some potential here but it needs a bit of polish! first thing I noticed was that your English grammar could use a proofreader as there are a few instances where I knew the point you were trying to get across but the way it was worded sounded weird. I'm gonna assume English isn't your native language so I'm not gonna hit too hard on this point but you should really look into getting an English proofreader.

the art looks pretty good and your world map makes me curious to see what's in the different locations and want to explore. if your making this an open world/sandbox type game, id give the player things to find in the world. hidden characters or items and maybe even Easter eggs would be great!

one last minor thing was the MC. he seemed a bit timid. not sure if that's just the personality your going for with him but he could stand to be a bit more assertive or confident. maybe that's something the MC builds up to as the story goes on. its just a minor thing and if its part of your creative design for the MC then ill be curious to see where you take it.

overall it seems good and hope to see how this game unfolds and where you take it. good luck!
    (P.S. loved that you put that simple minds song in there at the beginning, I hope you can avoid any copyright issues with that cause I think it give a cool vibe to the story)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MachoGuy

v0.01

There isn't much to it yet (understandably) but it really show great potential

- The MC it likeable
    - The Girls are fuckable
    - The Art is great (Tho it kinda feel inspired by Camp pinewood and Taffy Tales)
    - The gameplay, I'm not a big fan of it but i can't complain either.
    - The devs is hardworking and active so i have hopes that this won't end up abandoned after a few updates.

So for now I have nothing but praise for the game and the dev, maybe the only critique is that it very vanilla but can't expect much from v0.01 (Maybe we see some NTR in the future? Just askin... make it a lil more spicy)