Ren'Py - Camp Klondike [Night Six Part One] [Swimsoot]

1. 5.00 star(s)

onmyown23

Don't let the initial graphics throw you off. Yeah, the MC is an ugly fuck and the art style in general is weird. But honestly the odd art style is one of the things that set this apart from the rest.

Also, it's written really well, as far as it's actually "sexy", and the developer uses many different animation tricks to make it more engrossing.

I just finished day 1 and I'm already thoroughly impressed with it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3250193

Impressive writing. Well beyond what most first-time devs would have accomplished. Camp Klondike has a unique look and feel, and with that and its wonderful writing and cast it really stands out. I'm excited for future releases on this one.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Pyromanci

Some of the best writing I have seen in any adult VN (and I have read a shamefully large number at this point) So good that I signed on as a Patreon supporter based on that alone.

The art grew on me the longer I played it, so don't be put off before you try it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

klingpop

Was skeptical. Gave it a shot for the different and a little odd art style, but damn....waaaaaaayyyyy better than I expected. Does a good job of upping the ante on teasing and anticipation. Could do with a little more payoff so I don't end up with blue balls again.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Dudlbert

Artstyle makes it a challenging wank. MCs penis looks kinda funny and the "animations" are more than mechanical BUT the writing is great and I kinda like the slow burn and the anticipation while not much is shown. Makes you want to play more.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Daasss

Awesome. Puts so many games to shame in comparison. Loved the art style, the humour, the sound, the build-up and basically all about the game. There's a good amount of content for the second update, hell, the first one was enough to keep me drooling over the keyboard. Can't wait to see what's next. Also love that girls look different unlike many CG chicks that you can't tell apart. @Swimsoot, you're my hero.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = good tease game.

Story: 5/5
    + Bunch of people have this sort of "hell week" at their camp. They do crazy stuff, get to know each other and try to discover their secret kinks.
    + Story is heavily text oriented, but it is very well written.

Art: 1/5
    - This is only downside of the game. It is bad.
    + Although I must admit, that cartoon art is cute in its own way.
    - Some scenes are terrible. Sometimes images overlap each other and create huge mess. Very amateurish. Example:
    Imagine a scene where a girl is cupping her breast in front of somebody at campfire. You see her breasts, but you also see 50% transparent face of a somebody (who is staring at tits) and on top of that you get (very bad) campfire animation. You see 3 overlapping images! To sum it up: unwatchable garbage!!!

Gameplay: 4/5
    + This is pretty much kinetic novel. But it is not bad, because story is pretty hot.
    + There are some free-roam moments, where you can explore, but you cant miss anything.
    - Game has some choices, but they mostly dont matter. But game will shame you, when you try to do something stupid (like comepletely stripping in front of bunch of girls). Nice humour.
    + Sadly the game is in early development, so there is not much content. But it still took me almost 2 hour to finish it.

To sum it up:
    I really enjoyed the game and I would recommend it.
    I dont have anything against cartoonish art. But author should really try to fix overlapping of images.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

bolondro2

I have finished a play of the game and I have enjoyed it.

The art. I like that a developer takes risks and make thinks diferents. The stile gives me a strong "south park" vibe and makes the job. In this game the art support the storytelling, not otherwise.

And the storytelling it´s really good. A pinch (a generous one) of humor, and I get inmersed in the situations. Reallistic enought to not breaking the suspension of disbelive, and the developer is able to make a really erotic scene just with words, without a (too) explicit art. That´s something.

The content, for a first release, its generous. THe developer acomplish the goal of seting the scene and present the
    characters. The characters are well diferenced and presente in some deep. And I like that the story will have a definite end (it´s a week of camping) so there are hope that the game will be finished and don´t drag its feet indefinitely.

Updated Chapter 2.

Better that chapter one. And I give chapter one 5stars. Three of the hotests scenes I have ever seen in any game. Specially the last one

Updated Chapter 3a

Where is a 6th star when you need it?
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Arglebargle05

I posted this as a regular post, but I figured I should probably add it as a review as well.

"I really liked this! The art style is interesting and engaging, especially in a world where half the games look basically identical, and there seems to be some real wit and humor to the characters. There's a nice vibe of cheerful horniness to it that I appreciate. I'm looking forward to see where this goes."

Beyond that, as I've been thinking about this game, I'm kind of shocked that there are so few summer camp games out there (at least as far as I can find on these forums). It's an ideal setting for the kind of hormone-addled shenanigans we're looking for in this type of game, and even if it's not as universal an experience as high school, it's at least reasonably widespread.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfffffff

playing the first version (1.0), and it was surprisingly good...
    I'm expecting some pretty interesting things coming from this game, and with that i can say that this game actually managed to make me get into the story of the game and read the dialogues, so that was a plus.
    The animation was a bit rough but it was a nice touch, and the art is pretty different, wich is a plus.
    First release was kinda short but as i said before, i'm expecting some good things from this one.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

jockywyness

Extremely promising. The art style won't be for everyone, but I really dig it - it evokes a particular feeling, and there's nothing else quite like it on F95. The writing and premise are good, too. I'll come back with a longer review a few more versions down the line!