• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Can any know what is real time gaming in this following game

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Hi ! I have played a game the twist , someone say that it's real-time game but don't understand what is the particular is real time . Is just that in environment based I saw water reflection and shadow etc .and overall game has video playback system. I new to unity know that concept?

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
it's real-time 3D which means that what you see is rendered as you play, not by using pre-rendered still images.
this allows you to look around and shit
google real-time 3d

Reactions: DrakeOnLand

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
it's real-time 3D which means that what you see is rendered as you play, not by using pre-rendered still images.
this allows you to look around and shit
The last sentence is only partly true.
As KstGames (the author) admitted himself, he needed times before he fully understand the 3D part of Unity. Therefore a part of the game, especially all the early actions, is purely statics. They are rendered in real time, but without possibility to use the camera.
No name come to my mind right now, but there's few other Unity games that follow the same logic ; real time render, but no possibility to use the camera.

Plus, I guess that "real time game" shouldn't apply here. It's real time rendering, but for it to be a real time game I would expect a bit more freedom, not just the possibility to move the camera around.

Reactions: DrakeOnLand

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
The last sentence is only partly true.
As KstGames (the author) admitted himself, he needed times before he fully understand the 3D part of Unity. Therefore a part of the game, especially all the early actions, is purely statics. They are rendered in real time, but without possibility to use the camera.
No name come to my mind right now, but there's few other Unity games that follow the same logic ; real time render, but no possibility to use the camera.

Plus, I guess that "real time game" shouldn't apply here. It's real time rendering, but for it to be a real time game I would expect a bit more freedom, not just the possibility to move the camera around.
That's the reason I raise this question some time feel it purely render image and video anim combin with visual novel style but there there pool, mirror have reflection so I think that is some part is real time but not purely we can say it a real-time game.
I also want to make real 3d game that player move in 3d world freely .make a city or village there a lot of NPC that you will interact that to get quest to complete for future action . ( So recently start learning the unity ) .till that time I lack in many area.