Daz Can anyone recommend me a daz3d hair asset that closely resembles this hairstyle? Pictured below is D' Vana Tendi from star trek lower decks.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Can anyone recommend me a daz3d hair asset that closely resembles this hairstyle?

D2C_lt_jg.webp.png

In case it matters this is

D' Vana Tendi

From star trek lower decks, I was thinking I might try some renders inspired by hair, but her hairstyle is so unique I'm not sure I've ever seen any daz3d assets that match it!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
None of these are exact. Some are not right Genesis generation or sex, but those can be converted with the tools.

This one is very close, but going left to right

By the way, these were easily found just by doing a Google Image search for "daz3d short hair styles" and then digging around a bit.

Reactions: left1000

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Your best bet is going to be G9 figures, most likely, as all the male/female stuff is interchangeable.

The closest I could find is probably Though, or might work too.

Reactions: Jumbi and left1000

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Oh that's a good point! One reason I haven't seen much hair of this type is that I only browse the daz store for female assets, ignoring the male ones, but it's true that male hair would likely fit this usage case.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
None of these are exact. Some are not right Genesis generation or sex, but those can be converted with the tools.

This one is very close, but going left to right

By the way, these were easily found just by doing a Google Image search for "daz3d short hair styles" and then digging around a bit.

Any idea how to make the scalp fit on genesis9 using edit hair for genesis 2? It's strange it looks perfect until the automatic fit tool applies adjustments and makes it not fit :(

This is also I adjusted it to make that part bigger, and played with the smoothing a bunch. Hmm.

edit: See, auto-fit, before it applies it sort of looks fine, every single option I try in autofit makes it too small and gives it poke thrus.

edit2: Yes not using auto-fit works, but then the hair won't move with the character's pose or translations....

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Any idea how to make the scalp fit on genesis9 using edit hair for genesis 2? It's strange it looks perfect until the automatic fit tool applies adjustments and makes it not fit :(

This is also I adjusted it to make that part bigger, and played with the smoothing a bunch. Hmm.
Try removing the auto-fit after you've applied the hair to her head (Parameters > Fit to > None), it should remain around her head (sometimes it'll go down to the figures feet or a bit above their head. Line it up with their scalp as close as you can and scale it up by a .5% until it fits (meaning 100 > 100.5 > 101 > etc.). Then right-click on the hair in the scene pane > Change Parent > Find Figures head in pop-up menu > OK.

It's not always perfect but it's the often the most surefire way without using a converter. Sometimes multiple times, depending on the age of the hair.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Not sure if there is a G8 to G9 hair converter available yet.

edit: yep, it's available -

if you get the other converters as well from the same vendors, you can do a "chain" conversion G2 -> G3, G3->G8, G8->G9

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Your best bet is going to be G9 figures, most likely, as all the male/female stuff is interchangeable.

The closest I could find is probably Though, or might work too.
Yeah. I recall a hair promo image with Victoria 9 that somehow reminded me of the hairstyle the OP is looking for, but I can't remember the exact product, sadly.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Yeah. I recall a hair promo image with Victoria 9 that somehow reminded me of the hairstyle the OP is looking for, but I can't remember the exact product, sadly.
Maybe a male coded hair put on victoria9, since the ability to do that seamlessly was a major feature they were advertising on release of gen9?

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Maybe this two (with one of the included styles) would work ?

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Maybe a male coded hair put on victoria9, since the ability to do that seamlessly was a major feature they were advertising on release of gen9?
It might be. I don't know for sure. Admittedly, I haven't taken the step to G9 as of yet. Most of my library is filled with Genesis 8 assets. But I'm under the impression that most G9 hairs can be used in males and females alike, following the philosophy behind this new generation. With that said, many hair models still look definitely better on one gender than on the other.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
It might be. I don't know for sure. Admittedly, I haven't taken the step to G9 as of yet. Most of my library is filled with Genesis 8 assets. But I'm under the impression that most G9 hairs can be used in males and females alike, following the philosophy behind this new generation. With that said, many hair models still look definitely better on one gender than on the other.
Well I'm using a genesis8 figure still, but checking the list of hairs from basically any generation. Tendi has an extremely odd hairstyle that only a cartoon could really pull off that well :D