RPGM None Can someone help translate this game. ダンジョン&ダークネス 大穴と自由の街エルバーン (Dungeon & Darkness Elburn, the City of Great Holes and Freedom)

Mar 19, 2018
yeah this game is straight-up incomprehensible without a translation. i've played some games in full Japanese, using a translation thing through screenshots now and then (usually for tutorials), but since this game is so menu-based, it just would take too long without using an autotranslator at the very least. definitely wanna see one for this, even an MTL!

Lopenzio99

Jul 31, 2021
Im not posting my translated version mainly because is in spanish and is not very well translated but i found a program called translator++ that is ez to download and use. It has a patreon and a "official" website in wich they explain how it works. Also ill give some tips to make even more ez the use of this app.

First: if you follow the tutorial, at the project creation step, a javascript pop up will appear, dont really know if it change something but at least in this game didnt matter the option I choose, so dont even boder.

Second: there is no need to delete any file during the translate.

Third: to use the automatic google translator you need to press this translate icon. The translation is poor so there are some fixes needed in order to play the game properly. Also i recommend to play the game with a first version of the translate while fixing because of the words getting out of the text cell.
1676946531367.png

Fourth: when doing the export select ony the files that are in the first folder (/data) because there is a file that brakes the mouse icon and doesnt let the game play. For a extensive translate check those files anyways because some of the files are needed for "control" translation and some other things. In order to test it do a backup of the data files that are contained in the "www" folder.

Fifth (not translate related): If you want to activate the cheats you need to save at least one time in order to the save folder to appear in the same location where the .exe file is. Also when you copy the cheat save, first delete "file1" and after that change the "file20" name to "file1". That was the only ways the game let me play with cheats because for some reason the game didnt upload when adding save files. If it still doesnt work keep trying that method in different forms becuse i somehow manage to do it.

Edit: It looks like activating the javascripts option makes some other folders appear wich are the ones needed for those "control" translation i mention. (still dont know wich are the files).

Reactions: shirox2

maknae

Nov 4, 2017
+1 i played a bit and its very laggy with live mtl hopefully a translate patch doesnt lag

edit : nvm it still does any idea why??

Last edited:

rebmun

Oct 6, 2018
Just want to share MTL that i did. Extract the file to .../www/ and replace all data.
Note : Backup the folder before replacing it. This translation only machine-translation with minimal edit.

Update :
- MTL with cleaner translation

Last edited: