Can we all agree that Summertime Saga is the pinnacle of adult gaming?

bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
Summertime saga is the pinnacle on how to maximise milking people for as little effort as possible. And the story is so vanilla it's boring as heck. Taffy tales and dandy boy are much better in the same genre. Personally I prefer strategic adult games like big bang age, not some easy to create vn of which there are gazillions of already.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I really thought "The Twist" was the peak for adult gaming for me. It is really well done in my opinion but now that I've played "Last Hope", I'm having difficulties choosing one of the two.
I really enjoy them as well. Last Hope a bit more so since it uses the 3D engine more(although last time I played it it still has a fair way to go), whereas The Twist is pretty much just a 2D renpy game with a 3D engine, it feels sort of odd to have a 3D game with little to no animations. I can't wait to replay it now that I upgraded my computer, since the game is borderline unplayable without an SSD.

You should also give House Party a try if you haven't. The puzzle game aspects can be a bit frustrating at parts, but overall it's also a fairly neat 3D experience. Viking's Daughter(?) also springs to mind but I was never able to really get into it.

Reactions: Tauro Thurius

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Most of you could've given reasons and the game that you think is the pinnacle of the adult gaming rather than saying no and posting memes, farming for likes...
Why would we need to do that? OP never asked us to post our personal favourite game, he simply asked if we could ALL agree that STS is the best. While the game is far from the worst, and I'll admit to liking it, it is by no means my favourite adult game in any way, so that means that we can't agree, and thus I simply answered his question.

Reactions: obibobi

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
I really enjoy them as well. Last Hope a bit more so since it uses the 3D engine more(although last time I played it it still has a fair way to go), whereas The Twist is pretty much just a 2D renpy game with a 3D engine, it feels sort of odd to have a 3D game with little to no animations. I can't wait to replay it now that I upgraded my computer, since the game is borderline unplayable without an SSD.

You should also give House Party a try if you haven't. The puzzle game aspects can be a bit frustrating at parts, but overall it's also a fairly neat 3D experience. Viking's Daughter(?) also springs to mind but I was never able to really get into it.
Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, friend! I'll certainly give House Party a try. I played Viking's Daughter but the story is kinda stale for my taste. The Twist's loading times are really bothersome for me as well, albeit it is installed in an SSD.

Apr 21, 2019
Meh, for me, every game has it shitty side, like devs not knowing how to make icons and ui elements, poorly lit scenes (cum turns to piss with candles somehow), devs that create a new English, updates that take for ever, or best of all, a game that's seemingly has infinite updates remaining

pick what poison you tolerate the most

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The current pinnacle of adult gaming would be Unteralterbach
Unrivaled 2d art quality with high variety in girls and large amount of scenes.
Goat OST you can listen to outside the game.
Excellent humor and writing with political commentary.
Puzzles are unique and varied.
Released as complete product with multiple high quality language options.

It's peerless.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Ill admit it is a very thorough game and has TONS of content to get through, animations looks good and theres mod that make it even better but i wouldnt say its exactly the pinnacle just yet

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Th very best Hrpg done at this date is... Karryn's prison !
It's scientific.

The game looks far from being finished but what is done is quite good.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
i don't think that it's going to be finished this year. The second stage has only one event. I guess the dev wants to incorpore more in it. And there is still nothing doable in the 3rd floor.
I think the idea is to have the stripper job in the next update and then the 5th floor and endings in the next one. They're definitely aiming for 1.0 this year, as seen on now.

Jun 25, 2018
Considering I saw that a lot of the characters were just the same drawing but different hair styles, I'd go with a no.
Bunny Black, Sengoku Rance, and Melty's Quest are way better H-games because the non-H stuff is fun to play on its own.

Reactions: Arrocha

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Its a cute little sandbox with lots of content, but all the content is pretty shallow. Its lots of humor/parody and not really anything serious.

I like more serious Games with choices.

In Summertime Saga your Mother or Sister dont give a fuck if you fuck pretty much 95% of the Girls in town.

Reactions: Arrocha

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
In Summertime Saga your Mother or Sister dont give a fuck if you fuck pretty much 95% of the Girls in town.
This has always bothered me, it's like the game wants to be a harem game, but then there is actually pretty much zero interaction between any of the girls or even any kind of acknowledgment that they exist. It's more like a cheating simulator.