Can't delete files

clax

May 5, 2020
I downloaded some games and after playing them I can't delete them because the file says I don't have permission even though I have full access and admin powers, any ideas?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I downloaded some games and after playing them I can't delete them because the file says I don't have permission even though I have full access and admin powers, any ideas?
Make sure the program isn't running in the background. Open Task Manager and close the game's executable. If that doesn't work, restart your computer and try to delete again.

clax

May 5, 2020
Make sure the program isn't running in the background. Open Task Manager and close the game's executable. If that doesn't work, restart your computer and try to delete again.
I have done that and it still won't let me, I ran a scan on my computer too see if there was any unwanted programs about but there is nothing

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Try running a system integrity check
Open command prompt or PowerShell as administrator
Type sfc /scannow and press enter

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
GodMode for Win 10. Easily the most powerful tool I know of with Windows. You'll be able to see the inner workings and who has what perms and so on. So you'll know who has what permissions. Then you can even change it but that can get you in trouble so be careful. What I use it for is to check if things are set as they should be.
< >

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
I've had a win 10 update bust my admin permissions once. So I used godmode to verify it and it did switch my perms on me after the update. I went to check for a windows update and they'd issued a hotfix but sometimes you're not always that lucky.