Completed Can't open any "game.exe" files [Solved?]

leojuanz

Mar 3, 2021
Hi, i got an error with princess go round and it's annoying because now i can't open any of my "game.exe" games, first time i opened the game it worked alright, i made some progress and then quit, now today i try to open it and the game doesn't start, it keeps loading, and in the task manager it starts up to 4 "game.exe" proccess, it too initiate and close repeteadly this "icsys.icn" file, i tried go to the debug.log of the game and this is what is written, hope i get some help:

[0517/092322.224:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[0517/092322.789:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[0517/092323.397:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[0517/092323.956:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[0517/092324.587:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

(Theres more but it's basically the same error with another number).
Now basically, it happens with all the games of similary functionality and thematic aka games of RPG maker +18, interestingly enough, idk if this happens with all the games made on that specific game engine, but all my +18 games are now getting that error if they .exe is called "game.exe", no matter what.

Edit: I tried to erase all the files of %appdata% in local that has something to be with the game.exe files and the d3dcompiler, where the icsys.icn is, but that doesn't solved anything.
Edit 2: forgot to mention, the files of the game are NOT the problem, when i try to open any game from inside the .rar, it opens normally, so the problem is some file in my pc.

Last edited:

leojuanz

Mar 3, 2021
Solved!

Okay, i somehow resolved this, but at a cost: Now i need to reinstall/redownload the games/softwares that were affected doing this, so this is a warning, if youll do this, youll have to reinstall a lot of programs, for me, i damage my rayman legends copy, so, this is what i did to fix it:

First, go to %appdata% and then Local, eliminate all files of Temp, D3Dcache and User data, then eliminate icsys.icn.

Now the games that were damaged will work again, but only if you extract them again from the .rar files, and re-installing them.