Can't run ren'py game

drumsticks27

Apr 27, 2017
I'm trying to play Love and Sex: Second Base, but each and every time i'm trying to launch the game nothing is happening, my mouse has the blue ring meaning something is loading but nothing happens. I oppened a task manager and I see the game pop up sometimes but disapears from the task manager after like 5 to 10 seconds. I also dont have an antivirus on my computer and i just disable Windows defender with no success. Has any experienced this before or does anyone know of a solution/fix to this?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I'm trying to play Love and Sex: Second Base, but each and every time i'm trying to launch the game nothing is happening, my mouse has the blue ring meaning something is loading but nothing happens. I oppened a task manager and I see the game pop up sometimes but disapears from the task manager after like 5 to 10 seconds. I also dont have an antivirus on my computer and i just disable Windows defender with no success. Has any experienced this before or does anyone know of a solution/fix to this?

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
There a will be a log.txt/errors.txt/traceback.txt file in the main game file where .exe is located. What does it say? Post it's content here.

drumsticks27

Apr 27, 2017
As per the disable my AV, 1st I dont have an AV, I'm using the built in Windows defender, which is disabled and 2nd I added the folder from the game to the exclusion zone so Windows Defender doesn't scan the folder

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
Make sure you have installed.
Also, make sure you have installed.
Check if your video drivers are all updated.

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
If the above mentioned steps doesn't work: hold shift while opening renpy :
you should see something like this. Change the graphics renderer and try opening the file again
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

drumsticks27

Apr 27, 2017
Alright I downloaded DirectX and Visual C++ 2010 and I had a video card driver update to install and after that it worked. Thing I dont get is the driver was first released on feb 22 but my renpy games didn't work since like a week and a half earlier this month :/
EDIT** Last time I played L&S:SB was the 13th of february sooo.... I dont know what the new driver did

StaticPG

Sep 4, 2017
For me renpy has been crashing ever since I updated windows yesterday, every single game I have and the renpy app stop responding and crash as soon as I open them

StaticPG

Sep 4, 2017
Updated the driver and I have both Visual C++ and Direct X, still nothing, it just crashes, been switching renderers to see if it fixes itself but no luck, any suggestions ?

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
There a will be a log.txt/errors.txt/traceback.txt file in the main game file where .exe is located after the crash happens. What does it say? Post it's content here.