VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Is there a complete walkthrough ?
Yes and no. There is some in OP but there is the unfinished version on PC for current update. But I wont finish before next update probably.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
gg
but still needs "better" walkthrough than the one in the OP
maybe an ingame walkthrough
dont know how to open some characters
or maybe did something that lost there "trust/love"
also sad for no sex scene yet :(
cant wait for a "futa" anal
would be awesome to join a 2nd futa
or grow one by magic or something .. on one/all of the girls (optinal)
Doing my best to create a walkthrough when I can. If it is not for your satisfaction you have to go down the "hard path" yourself.

If you don't know how to open some characters, means that you could open some others: Not all characters are open current build.

There is no sex scene because:
1) The story does not require to have
2) It would be rushed AF
3) I always wanted to be short animated clips when it comes to scenes with romantic partners but I do not have the time.

There won't be another futa involved in the main story: Only either Ana or Lance will be.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
TearStar
will +1 to ur project
hot characters
hot tags
as u suggest .. romantic story
but love with no scene = friendzone .. xD turns ya off
but u got to know ..
they say quality over quantity
not in VN games
u need quantity over quality
so the time spent for 1 animation clip = multiple CG positions
which means more story line
which means more visiualing what going on
more turn on
i mean romantic is cool
but what if u or ur buttbuddy have no tool to scrutch each other with
that would end the "intrests/connection" in between
but its ur work
ur fingerprint
hope it has its special stand amung the others
after u done with this
& hopefully great feedback to moveon to another project...
What you say would be true if there were no other hindrances, such as lack of talent in art in my part, uncertainty in specific story arcs. Also would be true if I were want to have a quick cash grab. Last part is certainly not true. I already have a quantity over quality game and I learned it the hard way how it feels like. Never back again. I'm not the best developer, writer and artist you'll ever see but I won't abandon my desire to quality. I don't understand the part that "without act it would be friendship" part either. Who says: there won't be scene and without that it's nothing just friendzone. That doesn't makes any sense to me.

And have you ever not heard of lesbian romances? Because it will be like that way. Lore-wise - I'm not sure where and I'm only 80% sure that Hannah said it - that there is a possibility to have a "tool" to females, that's how a certain race reproduce (Arlyans). Actually up until the very early point of preview (first release) this would have been all girls game (no futa involved). It was an idea back and forth too. First: I wanted, second: I didn't (issues with assets), thirdly: fixed the asset and then, why not go with it then.

Last part reminds me of BrightSun Studios and boy, did it fail miserably. If you don't know the story, will tag in spoiler what I know, what I saw and what I learned from her/his/its mistake. Long story short: I won't make that mistake. I don't need to stand among the other and I don't need to stand out either. I need my own little world where I know my community likes what I do and create and if they don't like it they tell me why and how I can improve. I already feel a little cast out because I'm making Female/Futa Protagonist game and I'm fine with that. But I do want to remind you, even if I move on the next project, my custom title IS Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games. Not all people that wants to see F/F want to have Futa on either side of the equation. That's something I always keep in my mind.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
ow there are peeps who prefer futa over female & male MCs...
count me with them
&
ya at the end
what U drop in ur story
is ur legacy to be known with...

thats a bit funny & sad
ladyluck is by there side i guess...
There won't be Futa on Male EVER involved. That's always note. This is the legacy - as you called - I want to have. Futa/Futa, F/F and F/Futa is an option and will be. That was the main reason I started developing: because I could make the game I want to see but never could. Because it's so rare genre I don't even really bother to browse updates tab if I want to play a game. Just hop in to youtube or netflix and watch the same movie over and over again.

Karma is a <insert that word here>. I loved their work. It wasn't the best work I've ever seen but it was the work I loved. :(

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
i ment
i prefer "futa protagonist"
more than "male protagonist"
or "female protagonist"
xD
i dont mind futa on male/futa though :p
I did not read that out of your words but now I understand. I'm just making sure it's clear. Everything else is true though. It's the purpose this games serve. I hope in the future there will be more like this. One can only hope.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I already have a quantity over quality game and I learned it the hard way how it feels like. Never back again. I'm not the best developer, writer and artist you'll ever see but I won't abandon my desire to quality.
It may be a good idea to revise your ideology a little bit. Since the onset of this game, there have been a large number of hinderances, many of which have stemmed from the DAZ program itself. It's a program that's tedious and slow, and to no fault of your own, you've had several "real life" problems to deal with ranging from health concerns to university to deal with. There don't seem to be many sex scenes in the game at all at this point, and I could be incorrect here, but the game doesn't seem to have developed very far yet either. The game seems too ambitious, there are a bunch of different classes that are going to affect the story, several different romance options, multiple sexes to choose from (female and futa), and your making animations for each sex scene. A lot of this is cool, but unnecessary. Animations aren't necessary, you should just force players to be either a female or futa, you can cut classes out entirely, and just keep the romance interests. As you answered to a question about sex scenes:
No but there is a scene with Aunt which is not animated but the actual scenes will try to be. I will try my best to do so but DAZ is Dark Souls on Permadeth and Nightmare+ difficulty. Lots of teasing though
. You're a one person team, the main program your making the game in is a nightmare, and you have real life concerns that are eating your freetime. This seems like an issue of scope, the game is just too ambitious. The game would still be great if you made cuts to some of the "fluff" of the game, while still developing the bones. I know it's hard when you have a vision of what you want your game to be, but you also have to understand what can realistically be done. You can do what you want of course, but it just seems like you're torchering yourself trying to add in all these features, that may be better off cut in favor of working on the other parts. It will probably be easier to achieve your goal of quality over quantity if you don't have all these features that each require large amounts of time to achieve the level of quality you're after. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with these features you are trying to implement, I just think they may not be achievable in any reasonable amount of time that won't drive you to insanity, and I think that you could use that time to strengthen the game's other qualities or just sip triumphantly on some Iced Tea.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
It may be a good idea to revise your ideology a little bit. Since the onset of this game, there have been a large number of hinderances, many of which have stemmed from the DAZ program itself. It's a program that's tedious and slow, and to no fault of your own, you've had several "real life" problems to deal with ranging from health concerns to university to deal with. There don't seem to be many sex scenes in the game at all at this point, and I could be incorrect here, but the game doesn't seem to have developed very far yet either. The game seems too ambitious, there are a bunch of different classes that are going to affect the story, several different romance options, multiple sexes to choose from (female and futa), and your making animations for each sex scene. A lot of this is cool, but unnecessary. Animations aren't necessary, you should just force players to be either a female or futa, you can cut classes out entirely, and just keep the romance interests. As you answered to a question about sex scenes:
I simply say: NO. I won't cut down my ambitions. Reason is simple: sounds hard - it is to some extent - but it's not that impossible. If I know correctly there is an option to have an animation template saved. I only have to do it once and apply to different scenes and it's done.

The problem is the concept. I'm already neck deep into making it an adventure game throwing it away makes it useless hours spent. The concept also holds the possibility to fail. I can't just prompt users: do you want to fail? Also failing certain parts and I want to give an example so badly why is it important, would change the story in a way that is worth playing through.

Now onto classes: they have impact, but that is mostly "cosmetic". I think I told someone an example: they have an identity. Like solider says: "I don't about this tech shit but if you wanna charge in I'm your girl". Or adept: "I hate violence but if it's the only way out... I throw away my Hippocratic Oath." Also this: If you want to hack a door to get in, you have to be an engineer or bust the door in with brute force as solider. Does it make the difference? Yes. Big? No.

I know animations are not necessary and I play ping-pong with that idea all the time. It would be so cool to have and would make the game much-much more appealing and satisfying to look at (in more ways than one). It's not set in stone yet though.

. You're a one person team, the main program your making the game in is a nightmare, and you have real life concerns that are eating your freetime. This seems like an issue of scope, the game is just too ambitious. The game would still be great if you made cuts to some of the "fluff" of the game, while still developing the bones. I know it's hard when you have a vision of what you want your game to be, but you also have to understand what can realistically be done. You can do what you want of course, but it just seems like you're torchering yourself trying to add in all these features, that may be better off cut in favor of working on the other parts. It will probably be easier to achieve your goal of quality over quantity if you don't have all these features that each require large amounts of time to achieve the level of quality you're after. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with these features you are trying to implement, I just think they may not be achievable in any reasonable amount of time that won't drive you to insanity, and I think that you could use that time to strengthen the game's other qualities or just sip triumphantly on some Iced Tea.
My father always told me: I always have the time if I make the time for it. Right now, I'm developing a schedule and trying to adopt to it. So far it works to an extent. The biggest problem is I'm not an "artist" and I do not like making renders. Reminds me the lack of talent in that area. But I do wonder sometimes some on scenes how well they've turned out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But it so far in between and do feel like I waste too much time on these. Realistically speaking: I overachieved my capabilities already. If it weren't for many things I'd stuck with text-based games. Now I have to push my boundaries to see how much I can handle before I take too much in. So far I've only scrapped an idea from the game that was possible and still is but I decided it's really not important feature.

I'd gladly join a team as a programmer/writer if there were any team/solo developers that wants to have a game like this but currently I see none.

I won't abandon my goals instead I will spend more time to make it possible because I know in the long run it will pay out. For me, for players.

But if anything changes, you'd be informed about it.

Reactions: fearsa

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I won't abandon my goals instead I will spend more time to make it possible because I know in the long run it will pay out. For me, for players.
Okay. You know what you're capable of, so I hope it works out.

If it weren't for many things I'd stuck with text-based games.
I'm glad you decided against this. The game art looks very good.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Any expected release Date? I love the game TearStar!
I post everything on Discord. Just a short description of what my last major post was about: what's the plan, was a vote how it should be executed (one big update / smaller bits), why will it be little slow to update. The plan is this year I set the milestone to Christmas but chances are it will be late since a lot of scenes will be added, rendered and perhaps animated (nothing too exotic, practice foremost, combat animations and such). Discord voted for bigger update (though it was not a high number of vote but it was a solid result). Estimated release date is December Late or January early given the scenes complexity and amount.

Mar 7, 2018
I'm playing again from the beginning, I feel some things have changed for the better, more structure and some added scenes, now game is even better, I was just at the first fight when we meet Vivienn and that gave me errors when I tried to hit the bad guys; I did add the patch to /game directory.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I'm playing again from the beginning, I feel some things have changed for the better, more structure and some added scenes, now game is even better, I was just at the first fight when we meet Vivienn and that gave me errors when I tried to hit the bad guys; I did add the patch to /game directory.
That is labeled as unfinished since it has no renders / animations. This is what comes next update. I did some bug fixing but it's not enough from the looks of it. I'll dive deeper into making it when I get to that part in development. Probably will share some sample animation on Discord.

Mar 7, 2018
This game has the most deep story of any adult game I tried, its great. Here comes some more stuff I notice when I'm playing again: Very small text for the thoughts of Lance, maybe using () or something for those, i have seen it on other games. When Lance comes back and meets her family after she talks to them there is just a still picture of Mom talking to a guy instead of pictures of the ones Lance talk to.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
This game has the most deep story of any adult game I tried, its great. Here comes some more stuff I notice when I'm playing again: Very small text for the thoughts of Lance, maybe using () or something for those, i have seen it on other games. When Lance comes back and meets her family after she talks to them there is just a still picture of Mom talking to a guy instead of pictures of the ones Lance talk to.
I'll look into that. Yesterday I had a really good idea I write down for later use because it was really good. So expect some good shit to happen in later updates.

Mar 7, 2018
I'll look into that. Yesterday I had a really good idea I write down for later use because it was really good. So expect some good shit to happen in later updates.
Great, i like everything about this game, theres very good stuff in this now too, graphics, writing and characters and story, futa, incest everything is awesome. One of my favorite games, and i always look forward to more things from you.

Reactions: BlondieAngelEyes

lol360

Mar 8, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'prologue_hangar'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 604, in script
  File "H:\New folder\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "H:\New folder\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'prologue_hangar'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Captain Lance 0.40
Mon Nov 11 20:09:08 2019

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes