VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'prologue_hangar'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 604, in script
  File "H:\New folder\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "H:\New folder\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\CaptainLance-0.40-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'prologue_hangar'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Captain Lance 0.40
Mon Nov 11 20:09:08 2019
Apply patch. It's fixed there.

Mar 7, 2018
I love the choices in this game but its also hard because i like Mom, Ana and Hannah too, so its hard to choose. I especially always feel bad if i don't choose Ana with the close relationship, well i have several playthrough to see it all. :D ;)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019
I'm really interested in playing this game, but from what I see in these commentaries, it looks like the game needs more developement. I'm not saying the game has to be bad, but I downloaded it previously and I felt incomplete. Now, I don't know if it really worths it or better wait after it has been upgraded. What do you think about it? Better wait or download and play instead??

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I'm really interested in playing this game, but from what I see in these commentaries, it looks like the game needs more developement. I'm not saying the game has to be bad, but I downloaded it previously and I felt incomplete. Now, I don't know if it really worths it or better wait after it has been upgraded. What do you think about it? Better wait or download and play instead??
What I can answer for you is this:
1) Yes, it still needs development and it feels incomplete because it is. Lot of the scenes - important scenes for both the story and adult content - are missing. Are there already important scenes and adult scenes? Yes, there is.
2) To either play or not I can only say some facts:
2a) Game is compressed a hell lot. I don't know the exact numbers but it's around 150-200 MB from 2+ GB so there are sum of content to play.
2b) You can already see if this suits you or not while playing the game. You should try it out and see how far it advanced since last time you've seen it. You can then decide will it be worth the wait for the upcoming big update or not.
2c) From what I've got - criticism - it's worth the play know and I'm on the good path for the development of this game. What I knew was a big problem has been fixed. This point also refers to 1), since it still needs more development.

I'd be happy if someone other than me also replies with their experience of the game but I wanted to give answer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 28, 2019
What I can answer for you is this:
1) Yes, it still needs development and it feels incomplete because it is. Lot of the scenes - important scenes for both the story and adult content - are missing. Are there already important scenes and adult scenes? Yes, there is.
2) To either play or not I can only say some facts:
2a) Game is compressed a hell lot. I don't know the exact numbers but it's around 150-200 MB from 2+ GB so there are sum of content to play.
2b) You can already see if this suits you or not while playing the game. You should try it out and see how far it advanced since last time you've seen it. You can then decide will it be worth the wait for the upcoming big update or not.
2c) From what I've got - criticism - it's worth the play know and I'm on the good path for the development of this game. What I knew was a big problem has been fixed. This point also refers to 1), since it still needs more development.

I'd be happy if someone other than me also replies with their experience of the game but I wanted to give answer.

Many thanks for your answer. Reading it, I think it could be interesting to download again the game to see how many development has been made.

But one question, there are patches to upgrade the game or I have to download the new version when it has been actualized???

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Many thanks for your answer. Reading it, I think it could be interesting to download again the game to see how many development has been made.

But one question, there are patches to upgrade the game or I have to download the new version when it has been actualized???
As long as the game still remains within a limit (~500 MB or maybe a little bit more) while it's compressed it's easier to post the game entirely instead of new contents. I'd still need to do complete packs after that (new players who never downloaded the game) that's why I would wait until a certain time. If this response makes sense to you I'm happy.

Coldone

Oct 28, 2019
Game crash in the school scenes at the beginning lol

I installed the patch in the directory

FIXED: Patch files need to go inside /renpy/common
Someone should write this stuff down

Last edited:
Reactions: qawser

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Game crash in the school scenes at the beginning lol

I installed the patch in the directory

FIXED: Patch files need to go inside /renpy/common
Someone should write this stuff down
That is not accurate. That shouldn't be accurate. Inside Renpy folder are the python libraries for Ren'py. Patch files should go into game/. If you can reproduce let me see the error.

Feb 28, 2019
Hi, there is a problem with the game. When I access some of the game menus (Love interest, crew, journal) while playing, after I return to the main game, there is this menu with some planets.

Screenshot_20.png

Anyone knows how to fix it???

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hi, there is a problem with the game. When I access some of the game menus (Love interest, crew, journal) while playing, after I return to the main game, there is this menu with some planets.

View attachment 477608

Anyone knows how to fix it???
The problem is that you see a world map, lots of buttons, interface to interact with and such? That is not a problem. That is the game as currently is. Sounds like you just finished Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 Prologue and haven't gone into latest content yet. Am I reading it right or I missed something? Too few information was listed that I know for sure.

Feb 28, 2019
The problem is that you see a world map, lots of buttons, interface to interact with and such? That is not a problem. That is the game as currently is. Sounds like you just finished Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 Prologue and haven't gone into latest content yet. Am I reading it right or I missed something? Too few information was listed that I know for sure.

No, I just began chapter 1 and after I skip these menus that is what appears with the dialogue box in there and the game just continue from there.

By the way, I found in some of the menus many problems. In the journal appears some new entries frm characters that I haven't seen yet and in one of them it continues in another part of the game.

Anyways, I restart the game, but is a little dissapointing seeing something like that. By the way, the game is fantastic. Good work.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
No, I just began chapter 1 and after I skip these menus that is what appears with the dialogue box in there and the game just continue from there.

By the way, I found in some of the menus many problems. In the journal appears some new entries frm characters that I haven't seen yet and in one of them it continues in another part of the game.

Anyways, I restart the game, but is a little dissapointing seeing something like that. By the way, the game is fantastic. Good work.
Testing is crucial part of the game but as a developer is hard to test a feature. I can only test the "intended" way not the way users interpret the use-case. Similar thing happened to me as my day job a since no one reported me this as a bug I'll look into it. In my day job testing is also separated from the developer.

I hope this setback doesn't affect your overall view of the game at all. Ren'Py can be a bit hard to add features into and I want choices to matter so these features are core elements of the future releases. Things like these are not intended in a VN-type game.

Reactions: Bistahieversor
Feb 28, 2019
Testing is crucial part of the game but as a developer is hard to test a feature. I can only test the "intended" way not the way users interpret the use-case. Similar thing happened to me as my day job a since no one reported me this as a bug I'll look into it. In my day job testing is also separated from the developer.

I hope this setback doesn't affect your overall view of the game at all. Ren'Py can be a bit hard to add features into and I want choices to matter so these features are core elements of the future releases. Things like these are not intended in a VN-type game.
No, it doesn't affect the game experience really, but I have to ask, these menus are really important for the game? I mean they have statistics about your character and the others but is something fundamental or not? I hope you can answer this.

And other question, Can I only romance one character or I could go for more? Just simple curiosity.

Thanks by the way. The game is fantastic and I hope you can complete it with all the improvements you are doing.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
No, it doesn't affect the game experience really, but I have to ask, these menus are really important for the game? I mean they have statistics about your character and the others but is something fundamental or not? I hope you can answer this.

And other question, Can I only romance one character or I could go for more? Just simple curiosity.

Thanks by the way. The game is fantastic and I hope you can complete it with all the improvements you are doing.
Yes they are but not all of them. Those what are important are REALLY deep spoilers and what arent are just fun because there is only a few and it would have been weird to be left out. Especially because characters differs from what statistics they depend from later in their story line. I know lot of people dislike open world / sandbox game but the title "Captain", is something that you as the player controlling Lance must earn. Choices must matter in this way. There will be cheap ways out, sure (cheat mode), for those who care about different things but as a developer and writer this must make sense in a more down to earth scenario.

To this day you can flirt with all romance options and see their storylines. This way you can decide on a romance to lock-in in Chapter 3. There is no harem option.

I'm glad you like it, this what makes the game going further. I'm always trying to improve the story and the game itself. It's a great opportunity to myself too.

Mar 7, 2018
Yes they are but not all of them. Those what are important are REALLY deep spoilers and what arent are just fun because there is only a few and it would have been weird to be left out. Especially because characters differs from what statistics they depend from later in their story line. I know lot of people dislike open world / sandbox game but the title "Captain", is something that you as the player controlling Lance must earn. Choices must matter in this way. There will be cheap ways out, sure (cheat mode), for those who care about different things but as a developer and writer this must make sense in a more down to earth scenario.

To this day you can flirt with all romance options and see their storylines. This way you can decide on a romance to lock-in in Chapter 3. There is no harem option.

I'm glad you like it, this what makes the game going further. I'm always trying to improve the story and the game itself. It's a great opportunity to myself too.
Im very glad you did it that way, choices are what makes these games more fun for me, but i also know it makes them 10 times harder to make, i tried it myself.. :) so i guess thats why most games here, especially Renpy games, dont have any choices basically. It also gives the game more replayability when we have choices and want to see them all.

Reactions: fearsa
Mar 7, 2018
btw one thing i found really hot is that the mom is with many of the girls sexing them, dont think i saw that in any other game, and was a unique sexy thing :love: hope to see more with her and the girls!

Reactions: Natol

colifa

Dec 16, 2019
hi, i have a problem, the game has no sound at all and i don't know if the game is like that, or i installed something wrong.
i added the patch too.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes