VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I have posted the question and visibly not. Well not this helena (the aadult one from a previous time), but helena daughter of the mc well she is not born yet and i hope she can be saved, at contrary of all the previous versions (well if i have understood well the story).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

valvargar

Jul 10, 2019
Might been interesting if adult helena could been sorta of a aunt/friend of the family of the future one :)
But not my story so i will be happy with the way it is :)

Reactions: Lillen B.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Having trouble with the date with mom? Is there a walkthrough? No matter what I chose doesn't seem to go anywhere? I played this awhile back and could have sworn there was a kiss and a married dream but can't seem to trigger it this time?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Having trouble with the date with mom? Is there a walkthrough? No matter what I chose doesn't seem to go anywhere? I played this awhile back and could have sworn there was a kiss and a married dream but can't seem to trigger it this time?
100% sure it works. I'm telling you a secret

slowride454

Sep 13, 2018
i think i played through. i have no options left. there is no sex yet, besides just the dream sequence with Ana?

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
The game is good real good but it's difficult to figure out I'm sure there is an order to do things in the logs not in order didn't know you could click on the pictures in the ship combat menu to have conversations found by accident so I really don't know how much of the game or content I actually found it needs a guide or a quest log that's in order I like the story alot just hard to follow or figure out right now I just kind of went planet to planet and went down the list of things to do. It wasn't until second playthrough that I noticed the shower scenes are different depending on certain things so yeah I'm lost there could be gone of content I've missed because I don't know what order to do things in? Even maybe a hint system to give an idea of what you should do next. Just my two cents story is good though.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
The game is good real good but it's difficult to figure out I'm sure there is an order to do things in the logs not in order didn't know you could click on the pictures in the ship combat menu to have conversations found by accident so I really don't know how much of the game or content I actually found it needs a guide or a quest log that's in order I like the story alot just hard to follow or figure out right now I just kind of went planet to planet and went down the list of things to do. It wasn't until second playthrough that I noticed the shower scenes are different depending on certain things so yeah I'm lost there could be gone of content I've missed because I don't know what order to do things in? Even maybe a hint system to give an idea of what you should do next. Just my two cents story is good though.
Some thing are hidden by purpose but next release will fill some holes. I flesh out some of the mechanics more and tutorial is I think is due.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Small petpeeve, but the menüs in the upper right corner. It seems like the "close" button is always in a different place.

Otherwise great project.
Yeah I know that's something I can not really get my head around. Some "menüs" have different layouts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
Here is my unofficial android port of Captain Lance [v0.50] [TearStar]

Swipe Down to Hide Textbox
Swipe Up to Open Game Menu
Use Opacity Slider to make textbox transparent

JQEX

Nov 18, 2019
I can't add Anastasia to party

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'addToParty("Anastasia")'.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I can't add Anastasia to party

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'addToParty("Anastasia")'.
Check the last page, the dev mentioned it and gave an explanation.

Jan 7, 2019
only sex scene is with ana for 5 seconds and a blowjob scene thats it for all content i can never date my mother or linette or older sister so game needs a walkthrough and needs more content with fleshed out chars make it easier for the players to unlock scenes then hide them.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Huh! Well this is an interesting scenario.. Made a fresh save for 0.50, romanced everyone, reached end of content, and managed to never have sex once. Not sure how that happened. I also wasn't able to recruit 3/7 of the companions (4/7 if you count Ana, since she breaks the game atm). Either somethings broken, which fewer things seem to be in 0.50 (good job on that btw), or Im just terrible, which is also definitely possible. Who knows? I feel very unfulfilled lol

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I'll share walk through I did for testers so do not worry. I think most the people had the issue where they didn't chose certain options correctly - I thought I was way to obvious by choices. On the test run by testers and by myself I have never encountered any game breaking issues where certain paths are locked out because of game breaking bugs / locked content out of my own stupidity so I'm 100% sure it just bad game design / Ctrl spamming and not reading the dialogues / not fleshed out hint system. Either way I was planning to release walkthrough document along with a small content update with cheat mode that is left out by purpose. It's both coming on Wednesday. I wanted to wait a week before releasing but I think Wednesday will just do fine.

In the mean time please DO share examples how you want to see the hint system / quest log how should I make it more appealing to players what to do. Judging by the comments I think a tutorial is enough but sometimes people won't read it.
NOTE: I won't point players always to the right directions. I have plans for bad endings as well as good endings. Just to where to go and what to do.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
First time playing through this, I've been enjoying it but there are definitely a few bugs and issues. I see you already addressed the CTD from adding Ana to the party, but I've had to rollback a couple times when I went to check the girls' entries in the diary and they had just been updated.

Also there's some logic issues with Helena's progression: during the main quest ch2_nalongai_aftermath_05 you get the choice to either let go of Helena or not; if you don't let go of her, it sets helena_letgo to false. The opposite choice doesn't set helena_letgo to true. Two problems with this: first is that I was able to trigger helena_talk_03 before I'd done the Nalongai main quest mission, and so when Helena asked in that conversation "why I hadn't let her go", I had no idea WTF she was talking about. Second issue is that helena_talk_03 checks to see if helena_letgo is true, which it never is, so the second conversation branch with her is never possible. I don't know if I missed some points with Helena somewhere else (I don't think so, but it's possible?) but because of the bug I was never able to get enough points with her to progress my relationship with her any further.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Also there's some logic issues with Helena's progression: during the main quest ch2_nalongai_aftermath_05 you get the choice to either let go of Helena or not; if you don't let go of her, it sets helena_letgo to false. The opposite choice doesn't set helena_letgo to true. Two problems with this: first is that I was able to trigger helena_talk_03 before I'd done the Nalongai main quest mission, and so when Helena asked in that conversation "why I hadn't let her go", I had no idea WTF she was talking about. Second issue is that helena_talk_03 checks to see if helena_letgo is true, which it never is, so the second conversation branch with her is never possible. I don't know if I missed some points with Helena somewhere else (I don't think so, but it's possible?) but because of the bug I was never able to get enough points with her to progress my relationship with her any further.
Because of the default value (True), I don't need to set it once again (what's the point?).

If you can talk to her before that event that's a bug I have to address but I have never seen it.

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
I was able to reproduce it; if you do the test piloting of the Genea and have 5 Helena love, "Date With Helena" shows up on Treemin. If you go on the date with her, afterwards you can access the conversation where she asks why you didn't let her go, even though you haven't done that stage of the quest yet. And doing that conversation at that point means you get stuck at 6 Helena love with no way to get more, so you get shut down on the very next conversation, before you even get to the step which requires the "Family romancer" achievement.

Probably it's this line from the Treemin hub:
"Date with Helena" if not is_done("helena_date") and hel_best >= 5 and main_story >= 3 and not hel_dec:

I think main_story >= 3 is too soon, you probably meant 4 or 5?

Anyways, the problem remains that even if you wait, do the main story first, let her go, and then go talk to her, she still doesn't think that you let her go. helena_letgo doesn't have a default value set in variables.rpy and I don't see it anywhere else, either.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I was able to reproduce it; if you do the test piloting of the Genea and have 5 Helena love, "Date With Helena" shows up on Treemin. If you go on the date with her, afterwards you can access the conversation where she asks why you didn't let her go, even though you haven't done that stage of the quest yet. And doing that conversation at that point means you get stuck at 6 Helena love with no way to get more, so you get shut down on the very next conversation, before you even get to the step which requires the "Family romancer" achievement.

Probably it's this line from the Treemin hub:
"Date with Helena" if not is_done("helena_date") and hel_best >= 5 and main_story >= 3 and not hel_dec:

I think main_story >= 3 is too soon, you probably meant 4 or 5?

Anyways, the problem remains that even if you wait, do the main story first, let her go, and then go talk to her, she still doesn't think that you let her go. helena_letgo doesn't have a default value set in variables.rpy and I don't see it anywhere else, either.
I'll look into it before I release cheat mode and walkthrough. If it's a bug, I'll post a bugfix (along with Ana's party invite) and the others.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes