VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
If it's a bug
Look, I dunno what you need me to do to convince you. You want me to upload some save games? Here ya go. (One save has the "date" available too early - go on the date then talk to her on your ship. The other save is at the "let me go" choice so you can easily test letting her go then talking to her and having her say "why didn't you let me go?") You want me to upload videos of hitting the bugs? Like I said in my first post in this thread, I've never played this game before so it's not like I was skipping dialogs or setting out to do something weird/game-breaking on purpose; I just hit some weirdness playing normally ("normally" for me being "do everything possible except the main quest, then do the main quest last"....years of Elder Scrolls and Fallouts have trained me to play that way) and then started poking around in the scripts to figure out what went wrong.

I'm not getting paid to bug-test your game. If I'm gonna be kind enough to report a detailed explanation of the bugs I encounter, the least you can do is believe me. I'm not just making shit up for the lulz here, I am trying to help you make your game work better. Your defensive and disbelieving attitude doesn't really encourage me to keep doing so.

• Angry
Reactions: Happonari

Happonari

Nov 2, 2019
Look, I dunno what you need me to do to convince you. You want me to upload some save games? Here ya go...

...I'm not getting paid to bug-test your game. If I'm gonna be kind enough to report a detailed explanation of the bugs I encounter, the least you can do is believe me. I'm not just making shit up for the lulz here, I am trying to help you make your game work better. Your defensive and disbelieving attitude doesn't really encourage me to keep doing so.
Seriously dude, chill a bit. He never said you were a lier, never questioned your integrity, simply posted quickly and efficiently that if there is a bug, he will bugfix. No need to get your panties in a twist and fire your cock off for some false perceived slight. Take a step back and read it again. Keep in mind many people much like yourself (most likely by your forum name) do not speak English natively. So taking offense is stupid, now apologize like a man for being a buttmunch.

PS. I am sure he appreciates the saves.

• Angry
Reactions: Svoben

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
i use this as background music in this game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(Maybe not everyone likes it but I like to play if there is some background music so youtube saves ;))

Question for TearStar :
I started the game from the beginning, luckily last time I wasn’t far(I got the princess on ship) but I was wondering if I could then use 0.5 saves in the future updates?

nacre667

May 8, 2018
So will you be sharing the walkthrough soon-ish? I don't want to come off as being impatient, but I'd really like to go through and check out any content I missed.

Great game btw

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
i use this as background music in this game:
(Maybe not everyone likes it but I like to play if there is some background music so youtube saves ;))

Question for TearStar :
I started the game from the beginning, luckily last time I wasn’t far(I got the princess on ship) but I was wondering if I could then use 0.5 saves in the future updates?
In reality nothing major has changed in game but file structure had. Make sense it causes issue and it did. That's the main reason. Otherwise it should be compatible. In theory: if you had your old saves and you were to copy ALL script files back to game/ folder the saves would work and the game would simply go on as nothing has ever happened. I would be a 95% on this. Some patches are required for minor changes in core mechanics that would be the other 5%. I never plan a save breaking release ever. I hope it's the last one but I really needed this for my own sanity. It's easier to develop.

So will you be sharing the walkthrough soon-ish? I don't want to come off as being impatient, but I'd really like to go through and check out any content I missed.

Great game btw
Won't lie cuz if you look at the discord I was playing WoW and work all this week. I haven't finished the Chapter 3 scripts choices and consequences part. That is about it I'm about to finish. I think I'm hop on in since I finished raiding and post it in the hour or so.

Reactions: Sorrow85

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
and where to put your bugfix???
game crashes before the start there are no folders rpg and core
You don't have to do anything. Just paste it like that. If it doesn't work post me exception log. I can't accept "it doesn't work, fix it" reports.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
You don't have to do anything. Just paste it like that. If it doesn't work post me exception log. I can't accept "it doesn't work, fix it" reports.
game only starts when you put these two folders in the CaptainLance-0.50-pc folder and the bugfix to add Anastacia to the party seems to not working.if you put the bugfix folders in any other folder the game crashes at the start.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I looked at it probably structural error. You don't have to redownload it. Put rpg folder inside core folder. Try that.

NOTE: I didn't it matters but if it works after this structure change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
nope same error
It does work for me on the built version. Try this and this is my last guess. Delete core/rpg/rpg_core.rpyc (not .RPY) and let the game game built the binary itself once again. I fixed the structure in the .zip and changed it. Try that too. If nothing works I have no clue. It works for me.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
It does work for me on the built version. Try this and this is my last guess. Delete core/rpg/rpg_core.rpyc (not .RPY) and let the game game built the binary itself once again. I fixed the structure in the .zip and changed it. Try that too. If nothing works I have no clue. It works for me.
nope dosen´t work i don´t know why,downloaded all again deleted all tryed again nothing works

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
what does the mod do and how to i access it?
Adds a storyline that will ramp up XP, Credits and other stats fast. If it's working you can access it on Arlya.

nope dosen´t work i don´t know why,downloaded all again deleted all tryed again nothing works

It should look like that with the new zip from OP. I don't know why it doesn't work. I need confirmation from others too later. It works for me.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
:D ahhhhh that worked you did not told me to copy the folder in the game folder lol.
before that the game crashed every time but now it workes.
but another thing Anastacia is now added to the party but Screenshot_1.jpg she not shows up in the crew picture

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
:D ahhhhh that worked you did not told me to copy the folder in the game folder lol.
before that the game crashed every time but now it workes.
but another thing Anastacia is now added to the party but View attachment 622850 she not shows up in the crew picture
You can say that is on purpose but it's not. Does not matter. There is no event yet.

Reactions: Steinchen

polar632

Mar 31, 2019
where do we put the erotic_career contents
kind of a stupid question but i really have no clue

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes